Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Base Set Decks

GengarPwns

What are some of the Decks (other then Mewtwo Stall)
that were played back in the time of Base set/Rocket
i just want to know cuz Charizard/Blastoise looked like an obvious Combo so i just want to know what People think

From the classic sets (Base, Jungle, Fossil), the most popular deck and best deck was Haymaker. There was nothing that could stop it. 3-4 Hitmonchan, Scyther, and Electabuzz, 4 Double Colorless Energy, 4 Professor Oak, 4 Computer Search, 4 or 5 of each energy, Gust of Wind, Energy Removal... The whole deck was crazy and got set up faster than anything.

The next deck to do really well was Wiggltuff which was pretty much Haymaker with a Wiggly line replacing Hitmon and Buzz.

Then there was Sneasel.
Then there was Slowking/anything

Mewtwo stall wasn't good.....Mulligans are optional =_= And Gust of Wind/SER existed. Raindance, Haymaker, Damage Swap, Wigglytuff when Jungle came out, etc.

the deck i used back then when i was very little was... drumrolll please... the only card i had... ONE JAPANESE BASE SET CATERPIE!!!!!!

Blastoise Articuno, AKA Raindance
Wiggytuff with Basics, AKA Do The Wave
Hitmonchan Electabuzz Scyther, AKA Haymaker
Alakazam, Mr Mime, Chansey, Zapdos, AKA Old School Stall

Most prominent decks of the time.

Haymaker. Haymaker. Sorry, I have a short memory. Did I mention Haymaker?
Raindance. Just like the Incas.
Wigglytuff. Do the Wave brothers!
Stalling with Alakazam and Zapdos. It's Lightning quick!

What else......?

Oh yeah. I forgot. Haymaker?
Wait a sec. There's THE CARD. You know, THE CARD. You don't know THE CARD? I'll tell you 'bout THE CARD.

It's called Slowking Neo Genesis.

Well from Base Set-Fossil (Before anything Gym/Neo) the big decks were:

Haymaker (Hitmonchan/Electabuzz/Scyther)
Raindance (Blastoise/Articuno)
Do the wave (Wigglytuff)
Damage Swap (Alakazam/Chansey staller)

After Gym was released, the Rocket's Pokemon became really popular (Rocket's Mewtwo/Scyther/Zapdos/Moltres).

And then that broken Slowking card came out in Neo Genesis, and changed the format completely.

Back