Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Battle road report.

MiniWade

So I decide the day before what deck I should play, I was falling to play Steelix, but ended up playing Jumpluff considering how fast it can set up, and it's a really fun deck to run.

So here's how I did on my first battle road at Pickering.

Round 1: Brother (Tyranitar)
I started off with a Uxie, and get a good hand, when he gets a blessed hang along with a Spiritomb. He goes first gets a Tyranitar out first turn, and darkness graced for another tyranitar (pupitar on bench). I use collector to grab hoppip, sunkern, uxie. Place down hoppip and sukern then uxie for 5. Get a Jumpluff and Sunflora out, and pass. He power claws for the knock taking his first prized card. By turn 3 I get a Shaymin Level X rolling along with 2-3 Jumpluff's along with Sunflora, and thats too much to handle so I take the lead and win.

1-0

Round 2: Aneil S (Luxchomp)

He starts with Uxie to my Azelf, he crobats for the flash bite, then collectors for another one along with Uxie and Luxray. He puts another crobat down and luxray then set up for 5, and I get donked by a Uxie, yippe. Pretty quick game but meh you can't stop donks now can you?

1-1

Round 3: Spencer D (Blastgatr)

Both of us get horrible starts, but I get a Jumpluff by turn 4, and win by killing 2 Squirtles when he can't get a collector or anything.

2-1

There no top cut and the rankings go as:

1. My youngest brother with (Yanmega & Donphan)
2. Me (Jumpluff)
3. My other brother (Tyranitar)
4. Spencer D (Blastgatr)
5. Matthew W (LostGar varient)
6. Aneil S (Luxchomp)

Yeah there were only 6 seniors what a bummer :p

I head on the the battle roads at Oshawa right after.

Same as before no top cuts and seniors get mixed with juniors.

Round 1: Mathew W (ReshiBoar)

Seems like he's running a different deck, I remember getting few Jumpluff's along with a Metapod and Sunflora out, but I got set up way to late and couldn't get a Shaymin Level X rolling, alongside couldn't get cards like Seeker that could had won me the game.

0-1

Round 2: Forgot name (ReshiBoar)

Oh man another Reshiboar, I couldn't get a Metapod out because I started with a Azelf, couldn't draw into any seekers or SSU's alongside Caterpie was prized. I got beat up pretty brutally here.

0-2

Round 3: Forgot name (Speed Zekrom)

I donk him with a Jumpluff

1-2

Rankings go up and I miss top 4 by a win, meh but my brother with Tyranitar wins 1st, and my brother with Yanmega & Donphan gets 3rd.

Props:
Both my brothers winning.
Getting some nice trading done for cards that I need for my possible Nats deck.
Having a good time, but will try to see what happens at nationals as I like a good challenge :p.

Slops:
Getting donked.
Getting nothing out my packs.

Back