Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

battle roads 4-0 seniors

Thatguy99

So i get in the venue and what happens so the venue gets moved. I roamed a nearby Target and had some fun, oh and also bought a box from the original venue. :)

So I've been playing hydreigon/Darkrai for some time now so here's the list(spoiler alert! kinda standard)
3 darkrai
3 hydreigon
2 deino (dark)
1 deino (dragon)
3 sableye
1 sigilyph
1 shaymin EX

4 juniper
4 bianca
2 N
4 catcher
3 dark patch
3 ultra ball
2 level ball
4 max potion
2 eviolite
1 super rod
3 rare candy

4 blend GRPD
8 darkness

round 1 hydreigon/darkrai
pretty standard I get up hydreigon and t2 nightspear his deino's to death

round 2 hydreigon/darkrai
I start and juniper 2 hydreigon t1 and look in my deck and there is none left :(. i try to set up and get a ultra ball and rare candy with a later juniper, and i guess i had a good feeling but i ultra ball and my last hydreigon is there!! standard process from there.

round 3 ray/eels
I accidentally don't get a rare candy with a junk hunt but i get the candy anyways. I kill his rayquaza and for him its all down hill from there.

round 4 terrakion/tornadus/bouffalant
I am really careful but he takes a 4 prize lead but my shaymin takes 5 straight prizes after killing a crucial bouffalant.

So yay! I win may first tourney!
props
first win
grandma for being patient
ho-oh EX out of my packs
box!
day after may birthday!

slops
change of venue

Last edited:
Secret fifth round was vs grandma. It went like this:
R5 Grandma w/ RideHome
Grandma was tired of waiting around knitting, but I got off to a great start, going 4-0 in the tournament. She couldnt handle the lead I had and I sealed the game by promising to visit her more at christmas time so she was forced to wait til I was done and ready to go. 5-0

@ king piplup thanks and yea I have/had to fix that :p
@ honchvire actually round 5 was grandma played speed highway at 70 mph and a secret 35 mpg tech! :)

Great work for representing the Darkrai/Hydreigon players. I am curious if this scenario is only me. When you run hot, you dominate. When you draw dead, you basically draw dead all game. This has happened to me a lot.

Great work for representing the Darkrai/Hydreigon players. I am curious if this scenario is only me. When you run hot, you dominate. When you draw dead, you basically draw dead all game. This has happened to me a lot.

Its true :( but most times u should be at least ok. I was debating whether i should run 4 reciever and 4 juniper and 4 boanca but found i was always discarding hydreigons. but i may bump it to 3-4. To answer ur question though yes but it only takes one good hand and the other supporters fall in line. Also never be afraid to junk hunt for a random receiever, its N bait and gives u another trainer.:thumb:

Back