Date 9/20/2008
Registration Time: 11:00 AM
Start Time: 12:00 PM

Neutral Ground
Address: 15A West 37th Street
City: New York
State: New York
Zip Code: 10018

great job having it the same date as the timewarp comix one, that was some awesome planning

oh well

instead of whining about it here and talking smack on the other thread...why don't you try to ask the organizers at TW to change their date? That would surely be more helpful than what you are doing here. The players here in NY have worked with NG in the past to get tournaments dates changed, which is alot more helpful to everyone. Try it, it might actually work where you get to play in two tournaments.

instead of whining about it here and talking smack on the other thread...why don't you try to ask the organizers at TW to change their date? That would surely be more helpful than what you are doing here. The players here in NY have worked with NG in the past to get tournaments dates changed, which is alot more helpful to everyone. Try it, it might actually work where you get to play in two tournaments.

ehh too much of a risk considering I might not even be able to go to NG

good luck to everyone playing at NG though hope ya have fun

I sent the following email to all 4 stores:

"I was looking at the upcoming Battle Roads Schedule and was surprised to see the scheduling overlap.

9/20/08 – Time Warp & Neutral Ground
10/12/08 – Little Shop of Comics & Dark Tower Games

I believe that the New York/North Jersey Pokemon community enjoys coming together at these events. But with 4 events on 2 days the players will have to choose their venues. I don't know but it might also be difficult to fill all of the judging spots. I know that the TOs have cooperated in the past to adjust the schedule to better accommodate the players and I thought that you may want to consider it this year."

Let's see how it goes

I sent the following email to all 4 stores:

"I was looking at the upcoming Battle Roads Schedule and was surprised to see the scheduling overlap.

I believe that the New York/North Jersey Pokemon community enjoys coming together at these events. But with 4 events on 2 days the players will have to choose their venues. I don't know but it might also be difficult to fill all of the judging spots. I know that the TOs have cooperated in the past to adjust the schedule to better accommodate the players and I thought that you may want to consider it this year."

Let's see how it goes

Thanks for making an effort. Hope it all works out for us.

Okay, I was wrong. Peter got KG to change after all. This is what it looks like now

9/21/08- Kings Games & Nanuet

Last edited:
9/20 wowwww... that IS really early. i'll be there, probably with like a crappy deck tho lol..

thanks guys =)

Hoping TW or NG will change to the second week, Sunday though I doubt it. Also, Seaford is also up. I think that's ti for NY Battle Roads

I encourge you all to boycott Neutral Ground as they have destroyed our league. Take the extra couple of dollars and head over to Time Warp, please. Thank you.

I encourge you all to boycott Neutral Ground as they have destroyed our league. Take the extra couple of dollars and head over to Time Warp, please. Thank you.

I only visited league at Neutral Ground once, about 2 weeks ago. I was very suprised to find:

> there was no league leader (I'm sure this happens everywhere from time to time)
> they charged $2 to play (although their Website says Free)
> they provided virtually no room to play (one and a half tables) for aprox. 11 players.

Is this always the situation at NG league?

I don't think that a Boycott is the way to go, there are few enough places to play as it is. I am not familiar enough with the situation to provide any recommendations but there does seem to be a opportunity to strengthen the league.

Last edited:
I only visited league at Neutral Ground once, about 2 weeks ago. I was very suprised to find:

> there was no league leader (I'm sure this happens everywhere from time to time)
> they charged $2 to play (although their Website says Free)
> they provided virtually no room to play (one and a half tables) for aprox. 11 players.

Is this always the situation at NG league?

I don't think that a Boycott is the way to go, there are few enough places to play as it is. I am not familiar enough with the situation to provide any recommendations but there does seem to be a opportunity to strengthen the league.

ya it is. the league there is just badddd. come to time warp comics in cedar grove, NJ. its a much better place

Back