Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Battle Tower Sour Grapes

The_Lorax

I was battleing in the Battle Tower, and It was Porygon Z Vs my Choice-Scarfed Dragonite

The Porygon Z moves before I do, and hits me with a Signal Beam, OHKOing my full HP Dragonite WITHOUT a critical hit

I then send out Metagross
He uses Flamethrower, OHKOs my Metagross, and I lose

He not only Knocked out my Dragonite with a not very effective attack, he also outran me with a non scarfed pokemon

Am i missing something here?

I saw a few other complaints on the gym about the Batttle Tower, and now I am wondering
What the heck is going on? Did Nintendo hack their own game system?

Last edited by a moderator:
people like to vent on stuff that get in your way in battle tower.

i say this now-its hard. going 7 in a row where almost anything can come at you is difficult.
sure at first you get your sunkern and caterpie teams and after 21 battles it gets to UU's and then semi-ubers.

it is hard and people hate the fact that luck happens/dosent happen. but propper planing for a 100 run at the tower is all that is needed to clear it.
nintendo dosent set un-fair paramiters, its just luck.

i have never had the battle tower cheat. it gets lucky sometimes.
like the JAA in arizona-she won a trip to the finals from a crit hit. it was luck, but she won cuz of it.

~Professor ultimatedra~

I wouldn't say it's luck in the Battle Tower. There are Definetly hacked pokemon in the Tower. I've faced them before. They really do make you think on your feet. I've invented new teams just to get past the hacks.
~Cyber~

i say this now-its hard. going 7 in a row where almost anything can come at you is difficult.
sure at first you get your sunkern and caterpie teams and after 21 battles it gets to UU\'s and then semi-ubers.

it is hard and people hate the fact that luck happens/dosent happen. but propper planing for a 100 run at the tower is all that is needed to clear it.

like the JAA in arizona-she won a trip to the finals from a crit hit. it was luck, but she won cuz of it.

~Professor ultimatedra~

I am aware of there bieng bad luck in everything (PSYCO made that painfully obvious with his famous Sceptile ex line), but this isnt luck
This is complete BS

There is NO WAY a Porygon Z can outrun my Choice Scarf Dragonite with 28 speed IVs and maxed speed EVs without a Scarf himself (and since he switched attacks on my metagross, he doesnt have a scarf)
There is also NO WAY a Porygon Z can one shot my Dragonite with a not very effective attack

A Deoxys attack forme with a choice specs and a crit maybe, but no way Porygon can
In short, i didnt lose to luck (which i can handle [to some degree]), i lost to a blatant and obvious hack in the game

No one has messed with my game, I have not used AR or GS on it
The only person to handle my game besides me was the manufacturer before i bought it

sure at first you get your sunkern and caterpie teams and after 21 battles it gets to UU's and then semi-ubers.

~Professor ultimatedra~
I can disprove that last bit right now. I fought a Regigigas who's Slow Start didn't take effect, three shinies in a row, a Gardevoir with Wonder Guard, and somehow (don't even dare ask me how, I do not know) a Machop that new Roundhouse Kick attack. And no, I'm not mistaking it for something else, because there is no kick attack that causes OHKO. And aside from that, the Machop had a nickname. Chuck Norris. And yes, I made the roundhouse kick part up, but I can replace it with something that did happen. My faced the Battle Tower, and I went up against a Pikachu with my Golem. It used Thundershock. Not only was the attack not stopped by Golem's Ground Type like it should have been, it was Super Effective. If that 'aint proof for ya, nothing will be.

The Battle Tower cheats. I'll have my camera ready next time I go through it to prove it. Sorry about that lose.

Awesome, I will too. At 56 consecutive wins it should make good material and it's likely I'm only losing to "teh haxx0rz" moves anyway.

ouch, sorry to hear that serge
ive experienced similar bad luck, i feel you
...even though the mods banned you for a month for spam on your first offence (!?!?!?)

Back