Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

HGSS-on Beartic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceptile King

Alright guys i have yet another deck to ask for critique on.

Pokemon:
1 Pichu
3-1-3 Vileplume/Bellesom
2-1-2 Serperior Ability
1-1 Dodrio (retreat aid)
1-1 R&S Legend
4-4 beartic (3 sheer cold/1 icy wind)

energy:15
4 dce
3 rainbow
8 :water:

t/s/s:
3 Rare candy
2 Cheren
4 communication
4 twins
1 fsl
3 collector
3 copycat

strategy:
swarm the bench with cubchoo,dodou, and zekrom so you can start swinging by turn 2 or 4. this deck came exremely close to beating gothitelle yesterday but i lost due to catcher bait.(sneasel) other than that this deck is good. just need some advice on what to edit.
EDIT: I included Vileplume/Bellosom/Serperior for lock & healing
SK :thumb:
Posted with Mobile style...

---------- Post added 10/09/2011 at 09:10 AM ----------

no advice at all. so is the list good or not?

Last edited:
bump....
I really want to take this to br's and test this deck out. I have a good feeling about this deck. But i want to make sure this deck is tuned for perfection before i take to tournaments. :thumb:

I think if you played a 2-2 Muk line instead of Weavile line it would be pretty funny. You could tech a Magby too. You could try to make 2-4 Lightning Energy, so you can power up Zekrom after using Fisherman. I would try and get another Fisherman in there.

so i've done some editing and what not. At first the muk idea sounded cool and it worked for awhile but it didn't seem right and a little inconsisant so I made more changes:

I took out the whole muk line= +4 free space.
-1 max potion, -2 energy retrival, -2 defender, -3 +power, - 3 switch.
+16 free spaces. Here is what i added
+3-1-2 Vileplume/Bellesom
+ 1-1-1 Serperior (ability)
+ 3 Rare Candy
+ 1 twins
+1 professor Elm's training method
+1 zekrom & +1 indigo plateau.
this seemed to work much better for me than my previous list.

You could probably make the Serperior line even thicker. You could take out 2 Basic Water for 2 Basic Lightning. I would take out a Copycat for a Stantler and/or a Cleffa.

I'll try that out.
Also since you metioned making the serperior line thicker would you suggest taking out the 2 exchangers?

It wouldn't hurt. Bellossom should help when Kyurem comes out. Serperior makes Zekrom's hp 100 instead of 90 so it can't get revenge KO'ed. If you are playing a diverse energy line I like Sage's with 1 less FSL and 1 more Fisherman personally. If you can't get any more Collector I would add in a Stantler or a Cleffa.
If you have Vileplume out you can stall with a baby while you heal. My trainer line looks almost identical to that.

okay so i went with the changes you suggested and the deck still worked pretty well. I played 3 games and won all three of them. Game 1 i got the lock by t3 and the end results were 6prizes- 2prizes taken.
Game 2 same as game 1 but lock and heal came later.
Game 3 i took all 6 prizes and the opposing deck took 0.(note that i was playing against my stage one deck.)
I can give sages a try, i'm not a big fan of it but its worth a shot.

I play a similar deck, except i use Reuniclus/Blissey/Vileplume with Beartic and a Kyogre Groudon Legend

Yeah it works well. I've definitely won more than i've lost, the thing is: it's annoying for someone to play against.

It's basically the Ross deck/The Truth but I replaced SEL and Donphan with KGL and Beartic. Sheer Cold gives me a better Gothitelle matchup.

Hey. thats the same concept i was trying to do. Replace donphan with Beartic. i was going to test Raikou & Suicune legend in my build. I'm using Serprior instead of Renuculis for healing purposes. But i haven't gotten much playtesting in because I have been busy, so going to league wasn't a curren option. I believe that this deck has a great shot at being competitive.

reuniclus is definitely better because you have to make it so your active has no damage on him or else he will be one hit

Quick change to list.
-1 Stanler
+ 1 :lightning:
- 1-1 S&E Legend for
+ 1-1 R&S legend
Stantler was alright but if I didn't have him turn 1 or 2 it was found useless

Is an extra Cubchoo needed? I think Stantler is fine to search Cleffa if you added one. Would this deck be better with 2 Vileplume? I like how you can use Serperior's attack to power up Zekrom on the bench or Beartic.

So maybe:

-1 Cubchoo
+1 PETM
-1 Bellossom
+1 Vileplume

Maybe? I'm also curious about the N supporter, although I haven't tried it myself in this format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back