Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

been away - What's the current yearly tournament schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been away from the game since 2012, at which point we had CCs around the holidays, Regionals in November and April, States in March, Spring and Autumn BRs, Nationals in the summer, and Worlds in August. We also had new sets / Prereleases in February, May, August, and November. While away, I heard that there was a 3rd Regionals added in January 2013. Now that I'm getting back into the game, the schedules I'm hearing from people are different than they have been (Nats in February???). What is the current yearly tournament schedule?

Also, has there been any added OP for VGC besides Regionals, Nationals, and Worlds? I remember hearing rumors that VGC would eventually come to CCs/etc.

Thanks!

right now we have cities in the winter, 3 regionals a year Feb, May and fall one I can't recall, states around March, Nationals and Worlds are the same they've always been. the biggest change is we lost battle roads and gained league challenges which each league can run 8 times a year instead of the 2 of BR.

the OP for VGC has added premier challenges which I think are equivalent to the league challenges on the TCG side, think its still in its first year so might not be as widely available as the VGC.

you can find more details on pokemon's side, such as formats (standard/extended), championship points, etc

I've been away from the game since 2012, at which point we had CCs around the holidays, Regionals in November and April, States in March, Spring and Autumn BRs, Nationals in the summer, and Worlds in August. We also had new sets / Prereleases in February, May, August, and November. While away, I heard that there was a 3rd Regionals added in January 2013. Now that I'm getting back into the game, the schedules I'm hearing from people are different than they have been (Nats in February???). What is the current yearly tournament schedule?

Also, has there been any added OP for VGC besides Regionals, Nationals, and Worlds? I remember hearing rumors that VGC would eventually come to CCs/etc.

Thanks!

2014-2015 Schedule
August- Worlds
October- 3 Weekends of Regionals (5-7 Events spread out over 3 weeks)(Possible to attend 3 events, lots of traveling)
Thanksgiving - MLK Weekend- City Championships (About 8 Weeks)
February- 3 Weekends of Regionals (5-7 Events spread out over 3 weeks)(Note, Week 2 were not used by PTOS hosting Winter Regionals- Possible to attend 2 events)
March 21st, 28th and April 11th- State Championships (Easter Weekend April 4th, was discussed by a few PTOs to use, though none choose to do so)
May- 3 Weekends of Regionals (5-7 Events spread out over 3 weeks)(Possible to attend 3 events, lots of traveling)
July 4th Weekend- Nationals
August- Worlds

YEAR ROUND- LEAGUE CHALLENGES, League Challenges replace Battle Roads. Leagues approved to run League Challenges can run 8 a year.

Regionals have VGC Regionals.
Premier Challenge Events which are local VGC events are also a thing. Not as many compared to League Challenges, but there are local events for VGC now.

March 21st, 28th and April 11th- State Championships (Easter Weekend April 4th, was discussed by a few PTOs to use, though none choose to do so).

Ontario and New York are among a few running on the 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the OP for VGC has added premier challenges which I think are equivalent to the league challenges on the TCG side, think its still in its first year so might not be as widely available as the VGC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back