Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Ben Ward (ukpokemonpro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

amphyrules

RE: Ben Ward (Tournament Organizer)

I remember being young. I was naive, arrogant and clashed with most adults in positions of power. So in a sense, not much has really changed. One person in particular, who I disliked, and i'm guessing disliked me, was Ben Ward (ukpokemonpro). When he played competitively, we had tense games, which resulted in arguments, and even when he didn't play I felt he was constantly picking on me!

Looking back, its clear to me now, that I was wrong on almost all counts regarding Ben.

I've seen him allow children that didn't have money to participate in pre-releases, do so with no charge, give out hundreds of dollars in prizes that he's had to account for himself. Almost every time i've attended his league, he's busy helping a new player with a deck, or playing with anyone who asks for hours on end with some new, strange deck he's concocted. He's given so much to this game and helped grow organized play in this country, making the UK a competitive player base. He really deserves more praise then I'm able to give, as I'm simply not a talented enough writer.

Ben is a really good man. He's honest, and does more for the community then most, whilst asking very little in return. Its a real shame to hear he has decided to leave the game, and I hope that in posting here we can encourage him to change his mind! Or at the very least show him how much he has done for us, and that the members of this community all care for him.

I don't care if you don't know Ben, but I assure you he shares similar characteristics with those that you respect in your own lives. Post here and support what I assure you is a good cause!

Sami Sekkoum

The first Pokemon tournaments I ever went to were run by Ben Ward. He spent a lot of time helping me as a new player and pointing me in the right direction.

His tournaments were always well run, and his prize support was more generous than it had to be. He has done a lot for Pokemon in the UK.

I really hope Ben will come back to Pokemon, but if he doesn't I would like to thank him for what he has done for the game and wish him all the best for the future.

I so agree with those sentiments - Ben is a lovely guy who has given so much to so many in the game. We never hesitated to travel hours to his tournaments knowing that they would be well run and we would be welcomed and encouraged. It will be a great loss if Ben has decided to leave the game and if you are reading this Ben then please know how much appreciated you have been for so many years.

Sounds like a pretty swell guy. It's a shame to ever see nice people leave the pokemon community. And based on what you just described, it seems we lost one of the nicest guys the game has ever had.

I don't know the guy, but it seems he brought a lot of people joy and I would encourage him to come back if he has the time to do so

My only experience with UKpokemonpro is online. From being matched up quite a few times I can tell he's a great player but from reading what everyone has written here I can tell he's a great person as well.

Sorry to here you leave, ben ward.

It really is a shame to here this, Ben has definatly done a lot for the game, and has played a huge part for the TCG in the UK. He's a really cool guy, and whether or not he decides to come back or not, I'll be really greatful for all that he's done.

Ben is a great guy that has invested a huge amount of time and money into this game, and it would be a real shame to see him go. He's well respected by everyone here in the UK that attends his tournaments, has always been enjoyable to play with at tournaments, and I want to say thanks regardless of what he decides to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back