Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Best Games for DS?

Gir

My parents gave me a Nintendo DS for my birthday yesterday. What would be the best games to buy for it? I'm planning on buying Diamond/Pearl when they come out already, but what other games should I get?

Final Fantasy 3 -- Hard, hard, and more hard. But a very good old school game. Incredible graphics for the DS, even though they seem to have been derived from Golden Sun.
Phoenix Wright -- Not really a game to *own*, but rent this bad boy if you get the chance. It's a great little puzzler, but it's unreplayable cuz all of the missions are exactly the same on the second playthrough.
Pokemon Ranger -- Quirky little title, and a little bit short, but quite an interesting spin on the Pokemon universe.
Lost In Blue -- Another quirky little title. Really, its enjoyment factor depends a LOT on how much you put into it, and whether or not you consider your characters to be "characters", or bits of data. If you consider them to be people, then it's one of the better games that I've played.
Mario Kart -- The ULTIMATE DS game. Seriously. Get it. Play it. Love it.

I was definately considering Mario Kart. Final Fantasy looks like a really good game too. How fun is Pokemon Ranger? What do you do?

It's basically a quirky puzzler that focuses heavily on the touch screen aspects of the system. Circles are the name of the game here, and it's quite lenient as far as the circles go.

^ If you use the warp zones, then you can beat NSMB in a few hours.
My brother got Yoshi's Island DS. It's WORSE than the original on GBA/SNES.:frown:

I like Sonic Rush. In my oppinion, it's the more fun and exciting 2D game than Mario/Yoshi.

I'll agree with Final Fantasy/Mario Kart being really good games for DS.

EDIT: Just for the heck of it, I'll also recommend the cheap rip-off of Pokemon: Digimon World DS. :tongue:

Gir said:
Is it semi-hard or does it take like a day to beat?

And what do you need to play Mario Kart DS with other people?

Nothing much, if you want to race against someone, all they need is a DS. If they don't got the Mario Kart game, then all you got to do is set it up on yours, have your opponent go to the "DS Download Play" icon on the DS welcome screen, and you'll be set to go. Load times are fast.

If they got the Mario Kart game, then set it up, and race. Its easy and fast.

And by setting up I mean choosing the menu options:

Multiplayer
Create Group
GO! (After choosing your character ofcrouse)

Last edited:
BrollyTheLegendary said:
Nothing much, if you want to race against someone, all they need is a DS. If they don't got the Mario Kart game, then all you got to do is set it up on yours, have your opponent go to the "DS Download Play" icon on the DS welcome screen, and you'll be set to go. Load times are fast.

If they got the Mario Kart game, then set it up, and race. Its easy and fast.

And by setting up I mean choosing the menu options:

Multiplayer
Create Group
GO! (After choosing your character ofcrouse)

Couldn't I just go to the DS Friend Code thread and ask some people if they want to play? What I meant before was don't you need a Wi Fi adapter or something to play wireless multiplayer?

You can get a Wireless Router so multiple people play wi-fi at once. Also, the majority of games people mentioned I would recommend getting as well, but I would also recommend:
Megaman ZX - for nonstop Megaman Action and killer moves.
Lost Magic - An Action RPG where you use the stylus to direct the character to many places, and create magic spells.
Starfox Command - If you like any of the Starfox games, you'll love this. Wi-fi is good and hard.
Brain Age and Big Brain Academy - Helps stimulate your mind.

If you like puzzle Games, you'll love Pokemon Troezi, Tetris DS and Sudoku Grindmaster.

Metroid Prime Hunters may not have much of a great 1-player mode, but the Multiplayer makes up for it, and it's worth playing wi-fi.

But how does playing with other people wireless-ly work? I have to get the game, get a wireless router, and then what?

And yeah Metroid Prime & Star Fox were games that I was considering too.

Gir said:
But how does playing with other people wireless-ly work? I have to get the game, get a wireless router, and then what?

And yeah Metroid Prime & Star Fox were games that I was considering too.
Well, it depends.

If you're just playing you and a group of friends, then you don't need a wireless internet connection.

If you're going to play golbally, you JUST need a wireless internet connection, and then you're good to go.

Blastoise-shellshocker said:
You can get a Wireless Router so multiple people play wi-fi at once. Also, the majority of games people mentioned I would recommend getting as well, but I would also recommend:
Megaman ZX - for nonstop Megaman Action and killer moves.
Lost Magic - An Action RPG where you use the stylus to direct the character to many places, and create magic spells.
Starfox Command - If you like any of the Starfox games, you'll love this. Wi-fi is good and hard.
Brain Age and Big Brain Academy - Helps stimulate your mind.

If you like puzzle Games, you'll love Pokemon Troezi, Tetris DS and Sudoku Grindmaster.

Metroid Prime Hunters may not have much of a great 1-player mode, but the Multiplayer makes up for it, and it's worth playing wi-fi.
I bet mine and your collections would look a lot alike. x3 Anyway, for Sudoku I'd choose Brain Age over any of the Sudoku titles. Nintendo's Brain Age Sudoku is just plain better I hear (aside from the limited puzzles and no random generating).

bullados said:
Well, it depends.

If you're just playing you and a group of friends, then you don't need a wireless internet connection.

If you're going to play golbally, you JUST need a wireless internet connection, and then you're good to go.

Ok, thanks.

The games that i really like are
Pokemon ranger
Pokemon mysterious dungeon
Super mario 64 ds
Mario kart
New super mario bros
Mario hoops 3 on 3

All of these are fun

shiny squirtle said:
The games that i really like are
Pokemon ranger
Pokemon mysterious dungeon
Super mario 64 ds
Mario kart
New super mario bros
Mario hoops 3 on 3

All of these are fun
I sense something of a theme in there... Are you a Pokemon and Mario fanboy?

Worms

is pretty fun. But the thing is that you can't play it Wi-fi style. So if know a bunch of people who have DS like at League or something then they can download of you. Or it's also good for road trips if you have siblings who have a DS.

Ok I got Mario Kart. Now can someone please explain how I actually play online with other people?

First, unlock everything.
Second, teach yourself how to snake.
Third:

1. Do you have a wireless router?
2. Do you have DSL, Cable, or higher?
3. If you answered no to #1, then you need a Nintendo USB Wifi Adapter, it's a USB peripheral and it allows your DS to go online. It costs forty bucks.

Back