Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Best Place to Buy Online?

boneclub24

Hey all. I'm looking for a good online store that I can do bulk orders of mainly older cards at reasonable prices.

Any ideas?

Depends on what you're looking for. Ebay sucks for buying commons and uncommons. I had to order some old girafarigs for my collection and they were like $1-$2 a piece for these old garbage commons whereas on TnT I ordered everything I needed (commons, rares, RHs) for under $5.

If you want newer cards though, avoid TnT like the bubonic plague. Point and case - Darkrai EX for $80. Straight up retarded.

I usually compare Troll and Toad with Stop 2 Shop before I make an order. They both can vary vastly between each other, and will usually switch on and off between the two. I like Stop 2 Shop most because it has quicker shipping and usually cheaper Commons/Uncommons, but Troll and Toad usually has cheaper rares.

Yeah, eBay really is atrocious for cards of lesser value (commons, uncommons, non-holo rares); I think there's a $1 minimum price on Buy it Now listings.

T&T is good for non-holo rares and holos, but professor-oak does have the 25 for $5 deal for which a lot of commons and uncommons are eligible. For anything that costs more than $0.50 on professor-oak, T&T and GamingETC are generally better options IMO.

If you're impatient T&T and GamingETC are also not bad for chase cards, but you can usually snag better deals on eBay auctions if you're willing to wait for them. Somebody brought up Darkrai-EX, but I personally don't think the prices on the hottest new chase cards that everyone is rushing to get for their decks, like Darkrai-EX or Mewtwo-EX a couple of months ago, should be indicative of T&T's prices in general. Darkrai-EX is selling for nearly that much on eBay right now too because Dark Explorers hasn't been officially released yet.

Last edited:
I'm looking for mostly bulk commons/uncommons from old sets (I'm building a cube). Troll is where I had been buy up until now, but a 25 for $5 deal of Prof. Oak seems really good.

A cube is like a custom draft format with which you choose the cards you want to add to it. It's a very common thing with MtG (which I have a cube for), and since I don't get to Pokemon as often as I used to, I thought it would make for a good alternative :)

Plus, I can also play with my favorite cards from over the decades.

Back