Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Best player not to qualify...even though it is not "official" yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, im still gonna go.....:cool:

but i dont get how when the players mistakes we get a game loss, prize pealty, etc.... but when they make mistakes the players STILL get punished for it, but w/e its life :frown:

and yea, i guess i will have to vote for myself on this one.......:frown: :frown: :nonono: :nonono:

Yeah, I'd have to say that sadly, its James... I dont think anyone else has anywhere near as good as numbers as he does whos not goin to worlds...

right a letter with some choice words to Pastimes James

Right now Bobby M is in the invited group, but could lose it if they adjust ratings. If he does end up not going, he would be nominee.

James, you are indeed sick.

it's a hard one for me, so I'll make it easy instead (<I'm so good at this game)one for each age division.

Juniors: Angela W. from WI, she will be one of the best female players ever, you heard it here first. She got her trip taken away on a bad judge call that Lawman could probably fill you in on. Then her brother doesn't put Psychic NRG for Lickintung in the deck to counter (she was playing Delta) Flygon Ex D variants, and she still makes top cut with both games going down to the wire. Just impressive. While doing well the whole year. She couldn't get out to many CCs.

Seniors: James F. from IL, the kid can probably outplay most Masters. Stat: he goes x-0 at Niles, IL BR against Masters. Unfortunately that "good" stat cost him his trip, stupid Niles.

Masters: Pooka, one of the best deck builders/players in the game. He couldn't go to many CCs and chose to skip most BRs so that's why he didn't get enough points. At Nats he got bad beats, not sour grapes or an excuse but a fact.

For Juniors, I will take Bill P out of NC or Parker M out of TX...great players and one of them did take down the #1 (ranked) player after all!

For Seniors...I will stick with James F, but am THRILLED he is ponying up to knock Zak out AGAIN at the Grinder.

For Masters...it will have to be BigChuck...oh, wait, he made it...I have no idea, but I feel for MK Choi, and him not getting to go to the T32 due to my resistance, so I will hand it to him. Pooka is definitely up there!

For Juniors, I will take Bill P out of NC or Parker M out of TX...great players and one of them did take down the #1 (ranked) player after all!

And Bill beat me... stupid Mew* prized:nonono::nonono::nonono:

Parker goes to my league and is a great Banette player. He probably would have made it to Worlds through ranking if he hadn't such a bad day at Regs (4-3)

I would agree that James in SRs deserves a trip. Flat out wrong and an error on some employee at Pasttimes to make such an error. Heck, looking around the room, they couldnt have seen a 75 yr old player playing pokemon that day in Past times.

As to Chris....You keep saying "bad judge ruling", but that doesnt change the outcome of the match. The ruling was actually made by the HJ, he was consulted. I just explained it to you and everyone else in that area. When time was called, the HJ actually was the one to say, Angela won game 2 and shuffle up for game 3, SD set up. Then, after consulting, the judges got it right in that an incomplete game 2 does not count towards the match total. Her oppo. won game 1, no questions about it. The only issue that came up post game 2 about the rare candies was resolved. It could not be verified. Again...the HJ's call, my explanation to you and the family. Take it for what it is.....you can call me names all you want, but I wont back away from a ruling. If I made a bad ruling, I will admit it. If I was right, give me props. Again...that issue was not my call. I do know the facts though.

Keith

Then her brother doesn't put Psychic NRG for Lickintung in the deck to counter (she was playing Delta) Flygon Ex D variants, and she still makes top cut with both games going down to the wire.

I'm not trying to pick on Angela (Alot of Juniors do it), but right there you proved that her brother makes her decks. I have to make my own decks to use at tournaments (except for in Nats my friend helped my deck) and alot of the good Juniors have there decks made by older siblings. I really think I (And any other Juniors that make their own decks) derserve more credit for that.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to pick on Angela (Alot of Juniors do it), but right there you proved that her brother makes her decks. I have to make my own decks to use at tournaments (except for in Nats my friend helped my deck) and most of the good Juniors have there decks made by older siblings. I really think I derserve more credit for that.

she has a lot of input on what goes in her deck. We knew Delta was a good play in the Juniors division even with all the Inferapes and Flygons, we tech against those. She said she didn't feel comfortable play just 2 solid rages (for the ape match-up) so we put 3. She thought her brother wouldn't forget the psychics so that's probably why she didn't check the final list. I went over to their house Tuesday or Wednesday to play test mainly against Flygon (since that's the deck I play best), until she felt comfortable playing against it.

I would agree that James in SRs deserves a trip. Flat out wrong and an error on some employee at Pasttimes to make such an error. Heck, looking around the room, they couldnt have seen a 75 yr old player playing pokemon that day in Past times. Keith

wow, on another thread you were trying to make me say it was my fault that he made me a 75 year old :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm nominating James.

At Nats, I was sitting right beside you when you got a first game loss right of the bat for forgetting to lay out prizes. I felt pretty sorry for you to just get a game loss that short into the start of it. I saw your opponent trying to stand up for you but that didn't really sway the judges decision. I played you after the cut and you seemed like a real funny person, and a good player also.

I would nominate myself or james.

Overall though, all groups, I would have to go with pooka. That guy is just INTENSE

I WOULD VOTE STEVE SILVELSTRIO OR ZACK FISHER(RAMBO1000), OR KYLE SABLEHAUS FOR MASTERS.

FOR SENIORS Bobby if he dosen't make it.

Masters: Zach Fish that guys first year,he helps come up with Destiny(a great deck),plays in a hard metagame(southeast-Florida),gets into lafonte.That guy is a beast.

Seniors:my friend Viet Tran.that kids level of game has masters division all over it. He is a great player and great stradegic player. He just didnt go to alot of tourneys he needed to go to and cant mostly now since he moved. =(

I'm nominating James.

At Nats, I was sitting right beside you when you got a first game loss right of the bat for forgetting to lay out prizes. I felt pretty sorry for you to just get a game loss that short into the start of it. I saw your opponent trying to stand up for you but that didn't really sway the judges decision. I played you after the cut and you seemed like a real funny person, and a good player also.

yea....uggghh you were playing raieggs and i was playing shiftry.....OMG what a bad matchup....lol, jk if i wasnt so mad at myself that game proly woulda been different.......

but you could never tell how im doing on the day, cuz im always the same james, ahhhh, i cant wait to go to hawaii..........ill think about playing in the grinder but it aint likely:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I WOULD VOTE STEVE SILVELSTRIO OR ZACK FISHER(RAMBO1000), OR KYLE SABLEHAUS FOR MASTERS.

FOR SENIORS Bobby if he dosen't make it.

well at least we know YOUR from florida:lol: :lol: :lol:

I would nominate myself or james.

Overall though, all groups, I would have to go with pooka. That guy is just INTENSE

yea i know moza, me and you had GREAT points and were in the clear for worlds, then we both get hit by a bus.................blindsided.....(OUCH):frown: :frown:
we shoulda jus dropped when we were 5-0 and nats......good luck in the grinder bro, and we NEED to play sometime while we both are there.......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back