Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Best Pokemon in the game?

Moss Factor

If you would have asked me a year ago it would have probably been between Jirachi DX, Dunsparce and Pidgeot (with a few others in there like Dark Tyranitar, Magcargo, and Electrode ex).

Right NOW however, I'd have to say its REALLY close between Holon's Castform and Mew ex as the #1 stunna. I really don't know which one is the best, but they're both SICK broken :D

Opinions?

-Lunatone is amazingly good. Not only is it an excellent starter, but fetches virtually ANYTHING::: evolutions (via rocket ball), energy, new basics, switching it out for a basic, draw, search...when you think about it in every light, Lunatone is probably the flat-out best Pokemon out there right now. Jirachi DX, Pidgeot, and Magcargo are all nice, but they rely so much on powers to work that they've become situational.

Interesting question.

The metagame is so random right now that I think it is impossible to say. Mew-ex is a good candidate, but it would be hard to declair it THE BEST.

If its power doesn't get shut off, Pidgeot HAS to be #1. However, there is so much Pidgeot-hate going around that it is not as useful as before.

So, all in all, it's virtually impossible to tell. Everything has its uses, but everything also has its weaknesses. The format is so random, it is impossible to decide on 1 single card as THE BEST card in the format.

Mew ex, no contest.

Pidgeot is definitely 2nd though... 100HP, RIDICULOUS attack and the best Power in the game. Wow. Free Retreat to boot.

Other than that there are some really sick cards, dunno that they're broken but we've got probably 2 dozen cards that you can easily build a deck around and play successfully without some advanced combo.

isnt this considered a poll?...i think its hard to pin an exact answer because everything is a preferance.

Moss Factor said:
God how can you say Lunatone is better than Castform. It is so painfully broken.

I agree with mew ex, but why do you consider Holon's Castform to be so amazing(espeically when electrode and magneton serve the same purpose). Is it because you can fetch it with Mentor?

Better first attack?

Sexier artwork?

Spoink hands down no contest. It is a little Piglet with a spring. What beats that?

Last edited:
surge said:
isnt this considered a poll?...i think its hard to pin an exact answer because everything is a preferance.
As long as people are discussing the reasons for their choices it's fine.
It's when the discussion drops to just shouting out a name that it gets locked.

The reason Castform is so good is it's attack. The only problem is that it needs to be in a Delta deck to be good. Next format though when everyone is playing Delta stuff, Castform will likely be the best.

No, the reason why Castform is so good is because it is a basic. All the Holon's pokemon are flat out amazing, however I think Castform being a basic makes it the best. Basics simply have far more search cards than evolutions.

TacC is right, as far as pokemon in the true sense in that they aren't used for energy, Mew ex has to be the clear #1.

Provide evidence to your judgements, guys. Kettlez, tacc, and FS have posted WHY they think certain cards are good... so should everyone.

Should we judge a card's ability or power in the game by the number of cards that are made to counter it? I think that's a good way to judge a card's power. If so, pidgeot is one of, if not, THE best pokemon.

Lunasol
BF
Medicham
Feraligatr
Muk
Pidgeot D

When it's the pokemon that is pow!d first by ZRE/Metro/PowBlock (not always, but it is taken out asap by those decks if given the chance), bombed by LBS and makes cards like Medicham ex and BF some of the most playable cards, you KNOW pidgeot has to be GOOD. PCL made two cards specifically to COUNTER pidgeot, and somewhat magcargo- that's when you know a card is good.

Pidgeot is a computer search a turn. That's pretty broken.

Pidgeot is the backbone of most stage 2 decks. Mew ex might be godly, but how many decks is it in? When it starts to have the same numbers that Pidgeot is in, I'll put it up there. Mew is in mewtric and that Mynx deck. Do I think Mew will see a lot more play? YES. But as of right NOW, this instant, Pidgeot>Mew. As far as potential... who really knows, I think Mew has a lot more untapped power behind it, and it's going to be seen a lot in the future I'm sure.

Maybe pidgeot is losing it's popularity, but there's no doubting the impact of the bird when 4 out of the top4 in 15+ last year used it.

And this year? SMP, the CC juggernaut, used it. LBS, the States juggernaut, used it. As far as GCs, it's a lot more random, but you can't discount the fact that LBS/RL/PowBlock/Liability/Queen still use Pidgeot, and a good 2/3 out of the top 5 decks use Pidgeot, or counter Pidgeot.

The fact is, either you play pidgeot, or you have to counter pidgeot- it's just that good.

My vote is for pidgeot as the best single pokemon.

My vote is on Jirachi. When I look to a single card for its status I look to see if it needs support. Jirachi needs NO support to be good neither does pidgeot but jirachi is so much easier to use.

But what if H.Castform is the only basic you get in your hand?You'll be slowed down 1 turn, which can
be a huge decider.

moza said:
Spoink hands down no contest. It is a little Piglet with a spring. What beats that?

You dare forget that Spoink has a little pearl on its head? Now you shall endure spoink's pure wrath...

I agree with Ryan Vergel on Pidgeot being the best pokemon in the game. Seriously, it is ran in most tier one decks, and its search literally wins games.

The most broken Pokemon in the game is undoubtedly whatever Moss is playing at this moment.

Let's face it HE WON THE STS.

Anything put into Moss's hands instantly becomes the best Pokemon in the game. You can argue the point as much as you want, but that does not change the facts.

Back