Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Best techs for Zekeels deck in current format?

Exactly what it says in the title. What would be good techs in a Zekeels deck to deal with the current metagame? I'm especially looking at stuff to defeat Darkrai/Hydreigon and Fluffychomp decks. (Other than Shiny Rayquaza, which I really can't afford.)

- Croatian_Nidoking

Archeops.

Haha, no. Umm, As far as both of those decks go, I'd just make sure you're running max catcher, and maybe a Raikou EX. If you kill their support, most of the main attackers fall pretty easily.

Zekrom EX is helpful in the D/H matchup with its ability to OHKO Hydreigon.

Double Raikou EX really stings Garchomp.

The idea behind double raikou, I'm sure you know, is to be able to Volt Bolt continuously for several turns in a row. Running a heavy Switch count should help you accomplish that anyway. You can try to Strong Volt Garchomps and Volt Bolt Altarias in alternation - using a Switch to gain access to Raikou every time you need it - and that would be just as devastating.

Just bear in mind that the more prepared you are for these matchups, the harder a Terrakion matchup you have...

I would try and borrow a Raikou on the morning of - make sure you show up extra early - then if you can't get a hold of one, have a backup plan like adding in extra switches.

Zekrom EX and Tornadus EX is all you need.
Tornadus can give you a fast and solid lead at the beginning while you KO their Deino's.
And should they be able to evolve them into Hydreigon you can OHKO them with Zekrom.
If you can't prevent them from having Hydreigon in play, make sure to save a few Ns and Catchers for the late game.

Went 5-1 the other day with Regizeels. Registeel puls early aggression on your opponants and sets up one shots for zek ex or after two spreads mini zek.

It really depends on how you build the deck an your playstyle not to mention what decks are common in your area. Terrackion needs a deck that caters to him. If you simply splash him into a deck he may disappoint. But if you give him the attention he deserves he can shine. He is deffinatly a viable Pokemon and has quite the feild presence. When he is on your bench your opponant now has to design plays specifically around him and can force them to use more resources to take out a non ex Pokemon

Last edited:
Yes but with mewtwo as well. The electrics are useless in a terrackion matchup and will have to rely more heavily on mewtwo. Also mewtwo helps sweep through decks like garchomp Empolion ect since they are not running mewtwos of their own.

Back