Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Best Websites to Master the Card Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon Kung Fu

A work in progress :wink:

• List of the Best Pokémon TCG Sites >> Here

• Also available as a *.zip download (with the pictures) >> Here (183 kB)

Any thoughts? ...ideas? ...suggestions? :confused:

EDIT: web page last modified on 11/11/2006, 1:00 AM.

Last edited:
I work for Pokeschool, so I kinda have to prop the site a little bit.

Serebii should be higher on that list. Most definately above Wiki, Zeo, and even Pokemon-Card if you can't read Japanese. Not above Pokeschool though :D

Let's keep the discussion to sites that are open to and welcome the public, including what some would consider "noobs" that want to, oh, what is the title, Master the Card Game.

PokePop said:
Let's keep the discussion to sites that are open to and welcome the public, including what some would consider "noobs" that want to, oh, what is the title, Master the Card Game.

Sure:
IMHO
1) PokeGym- Best communtiy on the web
2) PTCO- 2nd Best communtiy/ although they are kida converting to Yu-GI-Ohism
3) Pokebeach- 3rd best communtiy. Higher on the list mabey.

All have actual people who know what they're talking about. Except PTCO is kinda noobish now.

PokePop said:

I want to be the very best like no one ever was!!

Yes, the title says to MASTER the card game, not LEARN it. Also, I would never use the term "noob". It's offensive and derogatory.

Anyway, I guess Pokegym takes the cake as a very diverse website and forum that has a lot of players from different skill levels, which is a definate good thing.

Ash_Van_Je said:
Lafonte's not on the list?
Pokepop said:
What's not clear about that?

'mom

If you want to "master the card game," there is no substitute for practice. You can spend your entire life on the Pokegym, but somebody who rarely visits but who practices the game nonstop will beat you ten times out of ten.

Pokemon Kung Fu said:

A work in progress :wink:

• List of the Best Pokémon TCG Sites >> Here

• Also available as a *.zip download (with the pictures) >> Here (181 kB)

Any thoughts? ...ideas? ...suggestions? :confused:

Any feedback would be appreciated. :thumb:

Looks a very good and profesional looking sight.

The reason for making this list was to help people like my son and his friends, who don't have a local league. Sometimes the only advice they can get is from websites who are willing to "help" (yep, like PokeGym). And with the game completely revamping itself every 3 months, because of new sets, it's often hard for parents to dedicate the playing time, competition, and teaching necessary for them to advance.

But many other factors, both in the game, and as fellow humans, seem lacking when some groups sneer down on those who don't have the same resources available, or who haven't played as long. No offense intended, but please don't ask for a specific or exclusive "Team" site to be listed. It doesn't seem fair to even consider adding restricted or elite sites.

EDIT: Are there any public (open-to-all) sites that should be added?

Last edited:
Pokemon Zeo is a TERRIBLE place to go if you wanna learn how to play (not even correctly)
even JEO is better (if I made the good part public =P)

DarkJake said:
Pokemon Zeo is a TERRIBLE place to go if you wanna learn how to play (not even correctly)
even JEO is better (if I made the good part public =P)

Thanks for the input. That was my overall impression too. But they do have a lot of cool "fake cards" and other stuff.

Since that site is listed on The Gym's front page as a contributor -- I'll admit it -- I kind of tapdanced around that description. :) ...I will tweak this list (a little) very soon.

Secret boards are childish. Everyones on the whole "Secret" bandwagon. Back in my day, that was a deodorant girls use..

Martin said:
Secret boards are childish. Everyones on the whole "Secret" bandwagon. Back in my day, that was a deodorant girls use..
Who are you and what have you done with Martin Moreno?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back