Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Beware!!! Flygon is comming!

senior pokeboy

I checked the translations on Pokebeach of Rising Rivals http://pokebeach.com/tcg/bonds-to-the-end-of-time. Then i looked at Flygon, it is brilliant! It is anti alot of decks like Kingdra, Gigas, AMU, and so on.

Here is what the new Flygon line does :

Trapinch 50 hp
pokepower: Once during your turn, if Trapinch you may attach 1 Basic Energy from your discardpile to Trapinch.

[C] Does 10 for each energy on Trapinch.

This is so good for giving energy quick in a combo with Felicity's Drawing.

Vibrava 70 HP
[C] Does 20 times the amount of energy in your opponent's discard pile, then shuffle all energy in opponent's deck.
[C][C] Does 20. Flip a Coin, if heads this attack does 20 more damage.

Vibrava is a BIG Kingdra ruiner. You can stop Kingdra by taking his energy like this, but Kingdra isn't the only one who needs Energys in the discard pile. Balstcatty and Gigas. Flygon with a Memory Berry is best way to do this.

Flygon 120HP
PokeBody: Each of your Pokemon that has the same Type as Basic Energy on Flygon has 0 in retreat cost.

[C][C] 40 damage. If your opponent has any Stadium or Tool cards in play, discard them and prevent all affects of attacks ,including, damage, done to Flygon during your opponent's next turn.

[C][C][C] 60 damage + 10 more damage for each evolved Pokemon on your bench.

Flygon is So good against G decks. The most G decks have either stadium cards (Skunktank) or Tool (Energy Gain). The last attack is good if your opponent doesn't run Palkia or Dusknoir DP, because when you have 4 Benched evolved Pokemon ýou give 100 damage each turn.

Flygon lv.X 140 HP
PokeBody: As long as this Pokemon is your active Pokemon, in between turns discard 1 card from the top of your opponent's deck.

[C][C][C] Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokemon lv.X, this attack does 150 damage to that pokemon.

This is a beast. Discarding a card from opponent every turn, that's nice. This body is also good for vibrava's attack. Also KO nearly any lv.X in play in one hit. If you play against Gigas or AMU this attack is nice.

As you can see is Flygon nice, so i have made a deck with this. Here is the list, you may come with your ideas to it, this is just my ideas.

Pokemon
4-3-3-1 Flygon (1 Flygon from SW)
2-2 Claydol
2-1-2-1 Gardevoir SW

Trainer/Supporter/Stadium:
2 Premier Ball
4 Bebe's
2 Night Main.
4 Broken Time Space
3 Roseanne's
3 Rare Candy
4 Memory Berry
3 Felicity's Drawing
1 Luxury Ball

Energy:
5 :psychic:
5 :fighting:
3 Call

Strategy: My way of playing is, you get energy on Trapinch from start in a combo with Felicity's. When i get Flygon up, my opponent have either Unown G or a stadium like Broken Time-Space. Then i can safe myself with the first attack. The reason i have Gardevoir is many reasons. Gardevoir i an evolved pokemon when i attack with Flygon, it's nice to use 2 Supporters in one turn and with help from Flygon lv.X's body there will be SOME Supporters i can use and it is nice to power lock sometimes or KO the weakest in play (if Gardevoir is your only pokemon).
Broken Time-Space is realy important when you need to attack with Vibrava via Memory Berry.

How fast is Flygon to set up? It can be fast to attack with 60 or 70 on your T2.

Matchups:
I haven't played with this so much but this is what i think. You may also post what you think of the Matchups.
Gigas: 50-50 tie. If i don't get Flygon lv.X up quick enough i'm doomed, but i have Vibrava to slow it down.

G variants: 40-60 Flygon. The most G decks have Stadium or Tools. So i can easy protect me. But if it is a beat down, it isn't always i get Flygon up in time.

Machamp: 75-25 Machamp. Machamp will probably get a better start than me. Machamp doesn't always need Tools or Stadium.

Toterra: 50-50 tie. It is hard to take all that damage, but Flygon is faster to get up and maybe i can get Flygon up before it's too late.

Tyranitar: 60-40 Tyranitar. Still i think that flygon get's a quicker set up than Tyranitar, but i'm not sure that i can ruin it, a little with vibrava in the start.

Kingdra: 35-65 Flygon. Vibrava stops the whole idea of Kingdra, if he doesn't use the energy in the discard pile, i just do:lol:.

What do you think? Please post if you have an idea to the list. Thanks

Last edited:
Gigas: 50-50 tie. If i don't get Flygon lv.X up quick enough i'm doomed, but i have Vibrava to slow it down.

Tyranitar: 60-40 Tyranitar. Still i think that flygon get's a quicker set up than Tyranitar, but i'm not sure that i can ruin it, a little with vibrava in the start.

There's a reason behind teching in 1 Flygon SW.

i already posted a thread about this a long time ago....... it got 81 posts
haha your a little late
running flygon with another pokemon that needs 3 energies probably wont be too good of an idea

Last edited:
i already posted a thread about this a long time ago....... it got 81 posts
haha your a little late
running flygon with another pokemon that needs 3 energies probably wont be too good of an idea

I don't use for attacking, it's power works super in a combo with Flygon lv.X. What is the name of that thread?

I don't use for attacking, it's power works super in a combo with Flygon lv.X. What is the name of that thread?

the thread is called 'flygon BET opinions'
theres a lot of information that a lot of people posted-- check it out
(try checking page 2 or 3 of this forum)

run it with the new eeveelutions, since they are easy to get out and work well since flygon can use any energy type. also, the eevees are good at hitting weaknesses, and even more so with their new powers allowing to swap for a different evolution.

Back