Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BW-on BigBasic.dec

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaLaMeNcE Xx

Ok so this is a deck ive been playing around with on PTGO and i feel it sets up pretty decent and i feel it has a decent matchup against the most decks out there. Im pretty happy with the list as it is, but im putting it out here for some hints and tips :)

Pokes 14:
3 Trubbish (the 70hp one)
2 Garbodor (Garbotoxin)
2 Landorus Ex
2 Tornadus Ex
2 Mewtwo Ex
2 Bouffalant (Goldbreaker one)
1 Terrakion

t/s/s 35:
4 Juniper
4 N
1 Skyla
1 Colress
4 Catcher
4 Ultra Ball
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
3 Switch
3 Eviolite
2 Rescue Scarf
2 Giant Cape
2 Virbank City Gym
1 Gold Potion

Energy:11

Strategy:
As u can see 6 of my pokemons can attack by turn 1 (i need a dce offcourse), so tha strategy is to put early pressure on my opponents and then lock abilities with Garbodor. Bouffalant is too good against Ex decks to not use it and Terrakion helps alot against Sigilyph and the new klingklang if i cant set up garbodor quick enough. Since a lot of the top tier decks abuses abilities i think Garbodor is a pretty good play.

Im considering switching out gold potion for an other ace spec card because i dont need the healing that often. But dont know if i want to add a computer search or a drowsing machine yet.

Last edited:
-4 Pokeball
-1 Gold Potion
-2 Evolite

+2 Ultra Ball
+2 Energy Switch
+1 Computer Search
+1 Skyla
+1 Bianca

Needs a bit more speed and some energy switching since you play such little energies. Id cut Evolite since your already playing sufficient amount of tools.

-4 Pokeball
-1 Gold Potion
-2 Evolite

+2 Ultra Ball
+2 Energy Switch
+1 Computer Search
+1 Skyla
+1 Bianca

Needs a bit more speed and some energy switching since you play such little energies. Id cut Evolite since your already playing sufficient amount of tools.

Thaks for the ideas :D
The pokeballs was just a typo from my side (they are actually ultra balls)
Ive taken out the gold potion for a computer search and ive added one bianca for one eviolite. Im not too sure about the energy switch because my pokes dont require a lot of energy to attack. So its working pretty well with manually attatchments. I am considering adding a super rod or one energy retrieval because if i uses Landorus`s Lands Judgment attack i will lose 3 og my 7 fighting energies.

Thaks for the ideas :D
The pokeballs was just a typo from my side (they are actually ultra balls)
Ive taken out the gold potion for a computer search and ive added one bianca for one eviolite. Im not too sure about the energy switch because my pokes dont require a lot of energy to attack. So its working pretty well with manually attatchments. I am considering adding a super rod or one energy retrieval because if i uses Landorus`s Lands Judgment attack i will lose 3 og my 7 fighting energies.

The reason you use Energy Switch is because of that. You cant attach too many energies so when you need to deal more damage with Tornadus or Mewtwo, you can just move the energy over from Lando or w/e you had it on to the card you need it too.

Id just add more energy. Super Rod isnt really that useful normally in here since nothing is essential to returning to the deck.

Ok so this is a deck ive been playing around with on PTGO and i feel it sets up pretty decent and i feel it has a decent matchup against the most decks out there. Im pretty happy with the list as it is, but im putting it out here for some hints and tips :)

Pokes 14:
3 Trubbish (the 70hp one)
2 Garbodor (Garbotoxin)
2 Landorus Ex
2 Tornadus Ex
2 Mewtwo Ex
2 Bouffalant (Goldbreaker one)
1 Terrakion

t/s/s 35:
4 Juniper
4 N
1 Skyla
1 Colress
4 Catcher
4 Ultra Ball
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
3 Switch
3 Eviolite
2 Rescue Scarf
2 Giant Cape
2 Virbank City Gym
1 Gold Potion

Energy:11
This is a solid list for a very solid deck which is still tier1 (a friend took 2nd place at the recent MS Valley Regionals (largest in the country and with 370+ Masters) with this deck) after the release of PS, IMHO. And PS's HtL and VCG just made the deck even stronger. My following comments/suggestion reflect my personal style more than anything else:

-3 Trubbish (70 HP),
+3 Trubbish (Garbage Collection). Since the DCEs are huge targets for Hammers, I do like the option of getting 1+ from my discard pile. Besides, its 70 HP counterpart can be 1HKOd just as easily in the current format.

-1 Terrakion. I definitely prefer not to ever start with this Poké and with better options, I'd replace this Poké.
+1 Landorus / Mewtwo / Tornadus

-3 Eviolite. This would either be Tool Scrappered off or your opponent would compensate for the extra 20 HP for the KO.
+2 Energy Switch. This can be helpful to move needed energy to another Poké for a "surprise" attack.​
+1 Super Rod. For energy and/or Poké recovery. Or just another F energy.​

---- OR ----​

+3 Bianca / Cheren. These replenish your hand (without discarding) while Ultra Balls deplete your hand. I believe 9 draw Supporters are too few.​

-1 Professor Juniper. I am not a fan of running 4 PJs in this deck - I've been in too many situations when I had to discard other needed resources.
+1 Skyla. IMHO, you need 2-3 of these in order to get a needed VCG, Tool, etc.

-2 Giant Cape,
+2 Rescue Scarf. I've found the RSs to be very, very useful in order to get Poké back into play more quickly (especially since you have no Super Rod).

Hope you find these comments useful.

---------- Post added 02/22/2013 at 10:03 AM ----------

Im considering switching out gold potion for an other ace spec card because i dont need the healing that often. But dont know if i want to add a computer search or a drowsing machine yet.
Computer Search is always an asset. I've been testing Scramble Switch lately and I currently use that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back