Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Black Friday

The Anaconda

So once again we have arrived. It is Black Friday. The day that can stretch on infinitely. The day when courtesy and human decency are stomped down by the masses. The day of saving a LOT of money. I unfortunately have to work today (and am expecting it to be quite busy today), but is there anyone else out there that's either done with their shopping (probably not this early in the day) or went shopping on this day?

Anyone got any particulary noteworthy stories about Black Friday? I was talking with one of my cousins on Sunday and he was saying he went to Wal-Mart last year on Black Friday when they had a sale on TVs and he was after one, and he said that someone got their hand bitten and another lady got a TV stolen right out of her cart! Anyone else have stories?

Anyone not familiar with the term:

http://retailindustry.about.com/library/terms/b/bld_black_friday.htm

Oddly enough my dad had never heard the term, and he works in the Stock Market. Of course, being that, he knows Black Friday by the day of the stock market crash, but he says that today's usually the slowest day of the year for the Stock Market because everyone is shopping.

I got up at 5:40am, got to target right at 6am as people were walking in. Grabbed South Park season 1 on DVD and Simpsons season 4, checked out, out in 5 minutes. Went to Circuit City, got the new Eminem CD, took 20 minutes to checkout, home by 7am. Didn't really see any great deals for stuff to get my nephews.

The DVD season box sets were 17.77 i think and eminem cd was 7.99.

Oh yeah, I saw in the Shopko ad they have the Yu-Gi-Oh and new Pokemon deck tins on sale for 17.99! lol Pretty sure the pokemon tins are 9.99 retail. I didn't take advantage of that 'sale.'

Ironic that you mention walmart, Anaconda, because on CNBC right now they're showing a documentary titled "The Age of Walmart" asking the question, "Is walmart good or bad?"

But no, I don't have any Black Friday stories, I don't like shopping when it's too busy.

Last edited:
Two years ago my mom went to Walmart on Black Friday to get my brother his GameBoy Advance on sale (only $49.99 - regular price was $89.99 at the time). An old man hit her with his wife's purse to try and get the last one, but being how fast my mom is (lol you'd get it if you knew her), she actually got out of the electronic section with the GBA. ;)

Another year my Grandma went to get those Tomagatchi's that were so in that year. There was literally a fight (punching, hair pulling, and kicking) to get the populat colors which were pink and black....

Another year I went with my mom and I got 80 packs of Gym Heroes/Gym Challenge (assorted) for $40 (packs were $0.50 a peice). That was cool! We also got a microwave that time. :p

Back