Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BlastGatr Snipe deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleak

Hey all,

Here's an idea I had a while back that made a lot of sense. Looking to see what anybody might change to improve the deck.

BlastSnipe
Pokèmon
4 Delibird HS
4 Squirtle UL
2 Wartortle UL
3 Blastoise UL
1 Blastoise PL
2 Totodile HS
2 Croconaw HS
2 Feraligatr Prime HS
1 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA

Total: 22

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums
3 Bebe’s Search
2 Interviewer’s Questions
3 Broken Time-Space
2 Seeker
2 Professor Elm’s Training Method
2 Energy Returner
3 Rare Candy
2 Pokemon Communication
3 Pokemon Collector
2 Warp Point
2 Professor Oak’s New Theory

Total: 26

Energy
2 Double Colorless Energy
10 Water Energy

Total: 12

Strategy: Start with Delibird for early game draw power. Get Feraligatr Prime to the bench to feed Blastoise energy. Snipe with Blastoise for 100 per turn.

Hi, new member here. I run a similar deck to yours but I run Golduck UL in my deck since the raindance is nice and it's a good fodder attacker. It's 30 Bast Attack and +10 for every water energy to attached to every one of your Pokemon. This pairs really well for setting up Blastoise and using the rain dance of Feraligatr. If you have 4 on Blastoise, 4 on Gatr, and at least 2 on Golduck that's a whopping 130 Damage to your opponent's pokemon. Pair that up with an Expert Belt (you don't really need it though) and it's a beast to be reckoned with. I also run Energy Returners, Seekers, and Warp Points. Just in case any of my pokemon get knocked out I can still grab them from the discard and if there's a VileGar deck out there the Blastoise can snipe it out for more trainer fun. It's worked for me pretty darned well against VileGars and Umbreons since those are the two main in my meta. Hope this helped you.

Hi, new member here. I run a similar deck to yours but I run Golduck UL in my deck since the raindance is nice and it's a good fodder attacker. It's 30 Bast Attack and +10 for every water energy to attached to every one of your Pokemon. This pairs really well for setting up Blastoise and using the rain dance of Feraligatr. If you have 4 on Blastoise, 4 on Gatr, and at least 2 on Golduck that's a whopping 130 Damage to your opponent's pokemon. Pair that up with an Expert Belt (you don't really need it though) and it's a beast to be reckoned with. I also run Energy Returners, Seekers, and Warp Points. Just in case any of my pokemon get knocked out I can still grab them from the discard and if there's a VileGar deck out there the Blastoise can snipe it out for more trainer fun. It's worked for me pretty darned well against VileGars and Umbreons since those are the two main in my meta. Hope this helped you.

Yep, I actually used to run it with the TM Golduck as well. I ditched those for the Delibirds hoping to get a slightly quicker setup, or at least, a more consistent one.

Thanks for chiming in!

Same as my old Czard deck, it has a very few attackers. When the 4 is KOd say, LuxGL, Feral will have hard time surviving and he requires 4W to attack. Golduck is a good backup and there's a lot more. Support pokes are good here like starmie aqua recycle and FloatzelGL lv.x

Same as my old Czard deck, it has a very few attackers. When the 4 is KOd say, LuxGL, Feral will have hard time surviving and he requires 4W to attack. Golduck is a good backup and there's a lot more. Support pokes are good here like starmie aqua recycle and FloatzelGL lv.x

I was thinking about using Starmie with Aqua Recycle too, the only downside being it's only 1 energy per turn so that's why I run Energy Recycles and but like Bleak said it can be pretty slow to set up. The starmie could also work pretty well with Engineer's Adjustments too.

i run a blastgatr sniping deck too and you need to get cards that allow you to put pokemon back from your discard pile and into your deck (such as flower shop lady, palmers, etc.).
and also:
- 2 Elm
+ 1 Communication
+ 1 Bebe
I dont play any delibird in mine, but instead i play mantine hgss. its group swim is really helpful, especially if its your starter.
i siuggest to take out the DCEs and replace them with water energy, because feralprime can only raindance waters.

i run a blastgatr sniping deck too and you need to get cards that allow you to put pokemon back from your discard pile and into your deck (such as flower shop lady, palmers, etc.).
and also:
- 2 Elm
+ 1 Communication
+ 1 Bebe
I dont play any delibird in mine, but instead i play mantine hgss. its group swim is really helpful, especially if its your starter.
i siuggest to take out the DCEs and replace them with water energy, because feralprime can only raindance waters.

Mantine sounds like a pretty good lead. How many do/would you run?

and also:
- 2 Elm
+ 1 Communication
+ 1 Bebe

Yep, I might try out Mantine a couple times to see how that works. Thanks!

As far as the DCE goes, I like to have it in there. Makes Blastoise's set up quicker, and it doesn't really stop Rain Dance from working. Attach your DCE for the turn, then use Rain Dance to attach whatever else there is.

Thanks for the advice so far!

I currently only run 1 mantine, because thats all I have room for. it isnt advised to have 1, as the chances of drawing it are slim, but its searchable through communication, collector and bebe. I normally just retreat/warp point/switch whatever active pokemon I have in (obviously, if i have a feralprime or a blastoise as active, i dont need to use mantine, but i would keep it on my bench just in case).
If you want my current deck list, email me @ [email protected]

I currently only run 1 mantine, because thats all I have room for. it isnt advised to have 1, as the chances of drawing it are slim, but its searchable through communication, collector and bebe. I normally just retreat/warp point/switch whatever active pokemon I have in (obviously, if i have a feralprime or a blastoise as active, i dont need to use mantine, but i would keep it on my bench just in case).
If you want my current deck list, email me @ [email protected]

That's cool if that works for you, though I don't think I could make that work. Early game, I'm all about getting every pokemon I need out as soon as I can. I'd rather use that Bebe's or Collector for something I need to fill up my bench, versus using the supporter (trainer in communication's case) and extra space in my deck for warp energy, etc.

Like I said though, not a bad idea - just not sure I could make that one work for me.

I was thinking about using Starmie with Aqua Recycle too, the only downside being it's only 1 energy per turn so that's why I run Energy Recycles and but like Bleak said it can be pretty slow to set up. The starmie could also work pretty well with Engineer's Adjustments too.

well, you can run more than one starmie out at a time and get more energies. Aqua Recycle has nothing on it saying you can only use one per turn

That's cool if that works for you, though I don't think I could make that work. Early game, I'm all about getting every pokemon I need out as soon as I can. I'd rather use that Bebe's or Collector for something I need to fill up my bench, versus using the supporter (trainer in communication's case) and extra space in my deck for warp energy, etc.

Like I said though, not a bad idea - just not sure I could make that one work for me.

yeah, Im thinking of actually taking it out or adding more in because it has actually helped me win games.
just saying, another card i considered was spiritomb LA, it helps get those evolutions you need, fast. However, keep in mind that it does clash with candies. i tried spiritomb la in several matches (versus my donchamp, luxchomp and gardegross), and it helped half the time, and the other half, it was just a waste of space, so maybe try it out and proxy it, cos it could match your playing style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back