Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

blastoise needs a friend: floatzel or feral?

keitarocks

im trying to build a water deck:water: (HGSS format), so now i have 4 blastoise, but i dont know if should put 2 floatzels? or 2 ferals?
floatzels are fasters 'cause they are stage 1, but they let me put only 1 more energy, so i need at least 2 on my bench for blastoise.
on the other side is feral, its a stage 2, slower than floatzel but has more hp and i only need 1 on my bench, so ill have more rooms for another support pokemon like noctowls or even 1 magnezone prime, both draw power pokemons.
i need some help here.
thanks in advance.:biggrin:

You dont need 2 Floatzel on the bench. Attach to Floatzel via his power, attach to Blastoise and move the energy on Floatzel up.

Go with Floatzel. In addition to the speed and space advantages that come with being a stage 1 over a stage 2, Floatzel has free retreat, meaning that if you start with Buizel, you don't have to waste energy after evolving (unlike the Feraligatr line).

Actually, fishing engine is an old term used to talk about things such as Pokeballs, Great Balls, Quick Balls, etc, used to both topdeck and run trainer heavy.

The idea of a Fishing Engine is to get what you using easily spammed trainers and topdecking and hand refreshing. The best example would be Scizor/Cherrim. Fisherman is part of the engine, but isn't the entirety of the engine itself.

One advantage of Feraligatr is that after Zekrom attacks, Feraligatr can one-shot him without getting insta-one-shot back (Pluspowers notwithstanding). Just a little food for thought.

I prefer Floatzel over Gatr. I made a quick video showing how it can work in the HGSS-on format, if you want to take a look its in my signature. its the newest video.

I think Floatzel will be superior in a format with Catcher.
You won't like having your Feraligatr being Catcher'd over and over again.

Hm, I say it all depends.

If you're going for speed, Zekrom isn't popular in your area, and/or Pokemon Catcher(when it comes) gets popular, definitely use Floatzel.
However, if Zekrom is popular then I suggest using Feraligatr since it has Grass weakness and can revenge kill Zekrom easily.

Well if Floatzel is brought up and not KOd he has free retreat, while Gatr will be out there for a while or you will have to pay the 3 retreat cost.

The point about Zekrom is valid though, but I'm assuming there is something better for a counter.

nice video misnos, 1-1-1 feral is great too on a blastoise-floatzel deck
i would like to put some pokemon with draw power like noctowl or 1-1-1 magnezone prime.

Well if Floatzel is brought up and not KOd he has free retreat, while Gatr will be out there for a while or you will have to pay the 3 retreat cost.

Floatzel will be brought up to be KO'd though, Gatr can probably instantly retreat through it's Power and DCE, Switch will also be a viable option.

Re: Catcher and Floatzel/Feraligatr:

By the time Catcher comes out, the format is going to be a lot different than it is shaping up to be now anyway. As soon as we get the Genies plus Catcher, this and a lot of other set up decks are going to either become extinct or be reconfigured to include Vileplume in a (possibly futile) attempt to stop the turn-after-turn Catcher/OHKO from Basics abuse.

Right now, only a few cards can touch the bench, one of which is of course in this deck. Don't worry about Floatzel getting dragged active until you have to.

Back