Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Blastsire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaej

Pretty obvious strategy here with a couple throw-ins. Here's the list.

EDIT : Apologies to Arthas_Zero, didn't notice your similar thread below.

Pokemon - 22

4 x Squirtle
3 x Wartortle
4 x Blastoise ex
3 x Wooper
3 x Quagsire
3 x Mewtwo DS
2 x Articuno ex

Trainers - 25

4 x Rare Candy
3 x Energy Removal 2
2 x Pow! Hand Extension
2 x Rocket's Admin
2 x Steven's Advice
2 x TV Reporter
3 x PETM
2 x Celio's Network
3 x Holon Lass
2 x Switch

Energy - 13

10 x Water
3 x Holon Mag/Trode

So you rain dance to Wooper/Quagsire, put Blastoise as Active, then lay Mewtwo DS and send the energy to Blastoise and then beat up your opponent. If Blastoise gets weak, you lay out an Articuno ex, legendary ascent and continue destroying them :thumb:

Lately, I've been seeing posts saying things like "Oh, this is old, it's been done before." So I'm just going to say up front that I know I'm probably not the first to do this. I just thought it would be a cool idea. Thoughts/suggestions appreciated.

- Xaej

Last edited:
MUNCHMYLAX said:
Yea I Have A Similiar Deck Lol (urs Looks Better ) DO U HAVE A RECORD WITH IT?

Nope, sorry. Thought of the list and strategy as I typed it :tongue:

- Xaej

Actually I really like the idea and the whole blastoise/mewtwo combo, except I think you went a little overboard on it. I mean do you really need 3 mewtwo? I would definitely cut 1 and add another rockets admin.

Does this consistantly get setup without pidgeot? I mean the reason I ask is before I had an idea involving blastoise ex, pidgeot, pop 2 pidgeot and articuno swarm. The benefit of being able to play a normal pidgeot would add wonders in consistancy in my opinion. You just keep powering up energy and using articunos, til they are about to die and pop 2 pidgeot to shuffle them back in. Then use the other pidgeot to get it back out. It was just an idea, I dont know how good it would be as it seems to be hurt both by ruins and BF, but you could play 4-5 gyms of a different sort and hope for the best.

Xaej said:
Pretty obvious strategy here with a couple throw-ins. Here's the list.

EDIT : Apologies to Arthas_Zero, didn't notice your similar thread below.
No worries...

However, everyone ASSUMES that the best Water type Stage 1 these days is Quagsire >_>

Yours focuses more on Basic Energies. Mine focuses more on the Special Energies. Or at least for this case, Holon's Electrode and Magneton...

Anyways, onto your deck...

What I would suggest is to take out a Mewtwo delta and put in another Holon Trode/Ton.

More firepower doesn't hurt, does it? ;D

MonkeyMan889 : This is my fault. I didn't add Pidgeot because I had originally planned on adding in BFs for anti Desert Ruins, but then I didn't.

Arthas_Zero : I agree, a fourth Holon Pkmn would probably help since I can rain dance the bounced energy right back to Wooper/Quagsire. And off the record, I don't think Quagsire is the best stage 1 water. I prefer Azumarill TRR due to the permanent paralysis combo with FRLG Raticate and Briney :)

So, here's my fix :

Pokemon - 18

4 x Squirtle
3 x Wartortle
3 x Blastoise ex
2 x Wooper
2 x Quagsire
2 x Mewtwo DS
2 x Articuno ex

Trainers - 25

4 x Battle Frontier
3 x Rare Candy
3 x Energy Removal 2
2 x Pow! Hand Extension
2 x Rocket's Admin
2 x Steven's Advice
2 x TV Reporter
3 x PETM
2 x Celio's Network
3 x Holon Lass
1 x Switch

Energy - 14

10 x Water
4 x Holon Mag/Trode

I'm not entirely comfortable with some of the things I removed, but I feel the added 4th Holon PKMN and the addition of 4 BFs will, overall, benefit the deck more.

- Xaej

Xaej said:
Arthas_Zero : I agree, a fourth Holon Pkmn would probably help since I can rain dance the bounced energy right back to Wooper/Quagsire. And off the record, I don't think Quagsire is the best stage 1 water. I prefer Azumarill TRR due to the permanent paralysis combo with FRLG Raticate and Briney :)
OMG, We got a rebel on the loose! =P

Also, Froth (Azumarril's power) only comes into effect whenever Azumarril comes into play (evolved)

Thats why you combo it with Raticate and Briney :) PM if you want to talk about it more as not to clutter the thread with it. EDIT : The other card needed for the combo is Dark Raticate, didn't mention that, sorry.

I'm not a rebel, I'm a fugitive from normality. Lol.

- Xaej

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back