Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Blazechomp

empoleok14

when i heard about it kind of surprised me and i was wondering what the strategy is and what you would mainly be doing with blaziken?

is it turn one donk or something?

please help me by telling me the strategy

pretty much the same concept as Luxchomp except you're aiming for extremely fast damage output early game to give your opponent problems to set up. 4 Power Spray is also needed to slow them down.

In short, it's a pure aggro deck (straight out attacking and nothing else)

Let's not forget, a powerful aspect of blazechomp is Luring Flame - even if using it ends your turn, it'll win you games by pulling up pokemon and holding them in place. Nothing hurts more than a Claydol up front, with it's 2 retreat cost and special condition. Shuffling your opponent's pokemon around has the ability to really ruin your other player's day, especially with the added damage from burn.

Another aspect of synergy with this deck is the ability to luring flame up a claydol/high retreat pokemon and sniping the bench with dragon rush.

I'd say run a 2-2 Chomp, and a 3-1 Blaze. You wanna start with Blaziken and disrupt with Luring Flame and then follow up with Garchomp and Dragon Rush for Easy KO's while you keep their bulky high-retreat pokemon up front. Basically just rush them down as fast as you can and score as many cheap KO's as possible.

If you want to have a hope in heck of beating Gyardos, don't forget to tech in a 1-1 line of Murkrow (the one that evolves on the turn you play it) and Honchkrow SV to pull out their Magikarp from the discard pile.

If you want to have a hope in heck of beating Gyardos, don't forget to tech in a 1-1 line of Murkrow (the one that evolves on the turn you play it) and Honchkrow SV to pull out their Magikarp from the discard pile.

i dont think there is enough room for it. for gyarados my friend told me that i need to bring up regice with luring flame and snipe the bench

empoleok14, Some crazy things can happen in top cut matches. Blaziken can get KO's on normal Luxrays, but it can't KO a Luxray X. Luxray X can KO it with a flash bite after jet shoot. The burn can tip the match in blazikens favor, but luxchomp has free retreat. i think the match comes down to skill and luck.

i dont know anyone with a good gyarados list that plays 4 warp energy

I know many good players that play 4 Warp Energy.

Gyarados: Baby Mario: I know that in the UK Gyarados builds are actually better. I know Tom Hall and Sami Sekkoum both have very good Gyarados lists, running the Luxray, and a bunch of Warp Energy. Some of the top players have done the same, but they also don't usually choose to run Gyarados, A vast majority of the ones I'd seen from States, and those my friends have played vs around the country, do not yet run these gusting effects. Luxray is a fantastic addition to Gyarados. Reversal is simply worse than Luxray.

All good Gyarados decks have to play Warp Energy. It allows you to retreat a Regice/Claydol back onto the bench, is useful in certain situations like getting rid of status conditions but most importantly it allows you to Bright Look every turn with Luxray.

luxchomp eats this deck alive...
i ran something similar to this at states. it just doesnt cut it.

May very well be luck, but thusfar, I haven't lost to luxchomp. You have to know when to shuffle pokemon around and when to jet shoot. Just throwing out the jet shoot is stupid, and will probably lead to your opponent getting a bigger lead than you.

Also, I went 3 - 1 Blaziken and 2 - 2 Garchomp in my list.

The gyarados matchup is pretty hard, but usually I can stop them from setting up terribly quickly. I won't say it's a positive matchup, but more often than not, you can expect to have a hard fought match with gyarados... and probably lose. The meta, though, is making gyarados less of the play, so the further you go with the deck, the less likely you are to see it, IMO.

deoxeys. i never said they dont play warp. just not so many. i dont think theres enough room in the deck to fit 4.

venjamin. how is gyarados not seeing as much play? because i know that there are tons and tons of gyarados out there.

deoxeys. i never said they dont play warp. just not so many. i dont think theres enough room in the deck to fit 4.

venjamin. how is gyarados not seeing as much play? because i know that there are tons and tons of gyarados out there.

It isn't difficult. Just take out 4 Call Energy, add 4 Warp Energy. Easy.

Back