Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

~Blazi-King~'s Del City's Winning CC Report

~Blazi-King~

I awoke at 2:59am cuz i wasnt able to sleep very well...and i knew right off that I was going to do decent becuz when i dont sleep well on the days that i do really good...Well i got dressed and put my stuff in the car and soon after everyone else was ready and in the car....We bagon our long 5 hr trip up to the city known as Del City...we stopped evry couple of hours for poddy breaks....Nothing exciting about this trip specially this early :D...anyways we arrived at Del City around 7.45 and we stooped at a Braums for breakfast ( I had a lonely Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Biscut )...after about 35 mins of peaceful eating we went down the street to Drakes Place...Drakes is definitely the place...they have all you want, Food, Drink, and Lan Game such as Halo hehe...Soon After we arrived more ppl started showing up and around 10.30 the store opend and I went in and hung around with my Oklahomian buddies ( Kevin & Devin Jakson, Brad, Roy ( Jr ), Roy ( SR, Brian D., and lots of others.....Around 11 I think I had me and my bro's decks checked and I then proceded to play in the GBA tourney....well this out to be a nice crowd for it .....i ended up losing to my brother ( my own team ) in the semis and he went on to his first finals in a long time.......But he lost to Nicole...Congrats Nicole...

Around noon and after some more talkin with friends the pairings were up...

RD 1 Vs Tom C. ( Sceptile/Parasect )

Well he was expecting me to play something other than blaze but when i turned my basics over he soon realized that his first round was going to be a loss....I turned 2 Bex and KO his paras before he is able to get much energy in play...he does manage to get a sceptile out but it gets KO'd due to me gettin Bex out quicker...I knock out his pokes till I draw all my prizes.
1-0

RD 2 Vs Nicole N. ( Swampert/ex )

Ok I was a little scared when I saw her mudkip revealed and I was like "oh great jus what i need, a water deck" but i was to soon find out that I had more consistant luck than she did....she was powering up a Swamp-ex on the bench and i was doing the same with my Ray Ray jus waiting for her to make her move...i KO'd a few basics here and ther and one of her swamperts with my Bex....she warp points me and KO's my Bex with swamp-ex using his bench damage attack ( forgot attacks name lol )...i thne bring up Pidgeot and quick search for a switch jus in case...then free retreat and KO her swamp-ex for the game.
2-0

RD 3 Vs Devin J. ( D. Muk, D. Crobat )

This was an interestin deck to play against....dont remeber much about it other than i wasted all my switches to get of of poison or to get energy on my main attacker....at the end of the game all he needs to do to have a chance at beating me was a ATM rock but fortunately for me it was at the bottom of his deck...
3-0

RD 4 Vs Mathew S. Vs ( Blaze-Ray/Rambo Variant )

Ok I dont remember this game at all o_O Very Sorry Matt....Jus leaves me at the moment...but if i remeber anything or you do jus PM and ill make the change here....I had to look at the tourney report to see who I had played..
4-0

RD 5 Vs Roy ( Jr ) ( Blastoise/pidgeot/togetic )

Well I thought to my self again.....Great now a blastoise deck...but as it turns out he gets very bad draws and ends up mulliganing twice before he gets a basic....this allows me to get some needed cards such as a Pidgeot for turn 2 hehe.....This game is a lot like our Finals game #2 which i will go into more detail there..
5-0

RD 6 Vs Chris D. ( Yet Another Blastoise Deck)

This was a horrible game for me....I was kinda glad too...Kept me from getting the Undefeated Curse.....I got a lack of good draw and he got his blastoise powered and drew all his prizes in a very short period of time and i lost
5-1

Its now about 4.30-5.00 not sure and postings for Top 8 Were announced...well as it turns out i was still 1st seed going into finals...but wait a moment there was a dead tie for 8th...well turns out there had to be a tie breaker and Devin J. and Jordan Dupuis had to play it out for the last spot...I didnt see much of this battle but from what i did see..looked like Jordan got a quick advantage and never let up....Good Job Jordan on the win and Better Luck next time Devin. Now the Top 8 is offically anounced.

1 Vs 8 Me Vs Jordan aka Whicker
2 Vs 7 Roy ( Jr ) Vs Jeff B. ( Roy wins )
3 Vs 6 Mathew S. Vs Chris D. ( Mathew wins )
4 Vs 5 Brad A. Vs Kevin J. ( Brad wins after going to Sudden Death )

Top 8 Vs Jordan ( Blaze-Ray )

This was one of my better starts....I endend up with a turn 2 Pidgeot and delcatty...which turned out to be key becuz he had almost an equally fast start....we both got blaze and blaze ex in play but i maed the first move and attacked his bex....he then did the same....so i retreated and KO'd his bex with normal blaze and this seemd to hurt his chances of recovery pretty bad since i then KO'd his benched pidgeot and from then on it was me for the victory..
6-1

Top 4 Semis Vs Mathew S. ( Blaze-Ray/Rambo Variant )

In this game i got another very good start and he manages to do the same but was only able to get one Blaze on his bench and this hurt him tremendously in the end since he was not able to keep up with my speed of having 2 in play plus bex later and I endend up crippiling him with bex for the game.
7-1

Finals Vs Roy ( Jr ) ( Blastoise/pidgeot/togetic )

Game #1
This was a bad game for me I started with a lone Ray and pidgey and pulled like only 2 prizes with Ray be fore he Blastoise swarmed me and then attacke with Togetic for the game. I tried stalling but my top decks were very good soooo......

Game #2
In this game i got a better start ( at least i got sparce ) i SAR'd for torchic, pidgey, and ray since i had a torchi already in play.....Well he does something and gets his Blasty in play but im ready for him and i have a multi attached and a blaze and pidgeot in play ( its been several turns ) he finally brings out blasty #1 and ko's my sprce i was satlling with so i bring out Pidgeot and draw my card then quick search for a candy and use it to get second blaze so i can KO stoise....i attach my eneregy for the turn and firestarter x2 to ray and free retreat for the KO...he then brings up stoise squirtle and passes so then switch an bring up a powered blaze and KO the little squirt....from then on its kinda blurry but i did win this game.

Game #3
This game was almost exactly like the first except in the final 3-4 turns KO stoise with Ray and he brings up stise #2 and does 80.....I switch it out and get energy onto it and KO Blasty #2....he then brings up articuno-ex and KO's me.....now he asked if i had another Ray in my hand and a multi and i say yes and i play them both and KO articuno-ex after firestarter twice and retreating pidgeot for a Verry Good Finals.

Thank You Roy for a Very Good Finals Match and I Hope you had a wonderful B-DAY

Props:
~Of course me winning :D
~MPB's Fabulous Cookies
~Roy Jr's B-Day
~Brian for the cool cards
~My CC Package
~To The 32 15+ Players
~Nicole for her GBA Tourney Win
~For now being ranked 11 in the World in the 15+ Age Division
~Another Greatly Ran Tourney

Slops:
~ Cant think of a single one :D

Last edited:
Hmmm, it's very nice to see that you won this, Clay. After placing 3rd to Brian in Katy, 2nd to me in Richardson, it's cool to see you win one!

btw Hedge, it wasn't run "incorrectly." Just due to time constraints, they only used best 2/3 for the final match.

Yea.....Im finally i could get on track and win a CC :D....Maybe this time Ill get my Invite to worlds this time.....Long story why i didnt last year but it had to due with my 2 POP Id's and them mixing them and me losing all the points of my 1st one.....oh well

Yea we were pushing 6 o'clock in the finals anyways....:)

Kettler -
As far as I know, that's still wrong. In the cut past the swiss rounds, all 'matches' are supposed to me best 2/3.

they should have done best 2/3 in top 8
so I would have had a chance against Clay
my start was so bad compared to his, and in a mirror. . . I lose

gj on winning though Clay
I guess you deserved it after I took your territory

coolhedgie said:
Kettler -
As far as I know, that's still wrong. In the cut past the swiss rounds, all 'matches' are supposed to me best 2/3.

~coolhedgie~

See the "Tournament Rules", sections 22 and 22.1. Running 2 out of 3 matches is up to the organizer. You may start at the end of Swiss Rounds or only the Championship Round. However, you should announce the format before the start of the tournament.

I have email PUI/Organized Play on this and the above is the answer that I received from PUI.

MP Birch

Whicker said:
they should have done best 2/3 in top 8
so I would have had a chance against Clay
my start was so bad compared to his, and in a mirror. . . I lose

gj on winning though Clay
I guess you deserved it after I took your territory

Thank You Jordan and again im sorry for your bad start.....yea now we are even....

[ QUOTE=Moltres423] That last deck you faced is exactly the one I faced at my CC,down to Articuno Ex. Congrats on your victorty.[/QUOTE]

Were you playing a Blaze/Ray deck and hopefully you won :D

TTYL
~Clay~

Mmm, now when it comes to that whole rankings deal, Clay, I think even if your ID's merged, you may have ended up with pretty much the same thing. When you're higher up in the rankings, you take a heavier hit if you lose. But yeah, does still s0ck they didn't do that :(

Btw, keep me up-to-date on training George in the ways of Blaze/Ray! It'll be soooo funny to see what happens if a 1400-ranked guy goes 8-0 in the next tourney he plays in =P

Back