Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

~Blazi-King~'s Semi-Successful Oklahoma States Report :)

~Blazi-King~

Well here I am once again........I woke up late accidently...but still managed to get dressed and get on the road....We made our used to be long drive to OK....When we arrived to Drakes Place I see that there were a lot of ppl waiting at the door around 9:30 including my best friend Danny F. I stood there with the rest of the ppl while we waited for the doors to open....I of course was trying to see what everyone was playing and noticed that a few ppl were play rock lock and I said to my self "Oh great" here we go again....I had decided the night before that I was going to play ZapTurnDos due to my love of its speed :thumb: ....The doors finally open and I get our deck shhets turned in and our decks checked and the sign me and my brother up for the GBA tourney......

The GBA tourney started not long after I had gotten the deck stuff done and heres how I did:

Round 1 Vs Nathan D. ( the eventual winner of the 10- age group in the Main tourney) - Blaze/Metagross/ Gardy

Well turns out that Nathon's pokes were all weak to my alakazam escept for the gardy....I KO'd his first 2 pokes with Alakazam and then he knocked out my Ala but since gardy doesnt have much defense I KO'd it with my Aero using earthquake.
GG - 1-0

Round 2 Vs Talor - Sceptile/Walreign/Shedninja
Well this turns out to be a interesting battle....My Ala outsped his sceptile for a quicl KO....and he then brings out Walreign. I thunderpucnh it but he survives with little HP and KO's me with a lucky blizzard hit....Aero comes out and makes quick work of the reian.....Heres where it gets interesting....he brings out Shedninja....fortunately I have 1 and only 1 move that can KO the annoying thin ( Wing Attack ).
GG - 2-0

Round 3 Vs Nicole - Dusclops/Milktank/Slaking
Ok I knew this was going to be a hard battale since she and her friends are always top contenders for the OK peeps in the GBA tournies.....Well she starts with slaking if I remeber correctly...I do psycic and it does a good bit of damage to her she then KO's Ala w/ shadow ball....I bring out aero and do rock slide and it KO's her....Here come another good battle....SHe bring out Milktank and I continue to do rockslide in hopes of flinching her....and I do on the first try.....well I do rock slide and it misses and she thunder waves me....I rockslide again and no flinch this time....she seismic tosses me....I rock slide for a 4th tim and what do ya know it misses.....she seismic tosses for a last time before I KO her with a final rock slide.......She brings out Dusclops and I get to go first and I hit with another rock slide but it does around 1/4 damage to her...now I forgot what move she used but I did one last Rock slide and I manage to get a critical hit on her for the win......WHEW....she really scared me in tha match but more drama is yet to come....
VGG - 3-0

Round 4 vs Andrew L. ( from my home league using 1 of my own teams ) Heracross/ Aero/ Latios
I dont remeber much of this battle but I do remeber that his hreacross was really scaring me since it knows endure/reversal and my whole team can do massive amouts of damage which makes his endure deadly with that stupid salac berry :rolleyes: ....Well I use Ala's thunderpunch so I wouldnt KO the heracross in case he did endure....well turns out I should have jus KO's it becuz he did megahorn and of course alakazam is weak....I then bring out Latios in thunderbolt him for the HO....He forgot to use endure and this was the turning point in the game for me.....I then sweep him from then on since he is a bit slower than my pokes....another WHEW is needed...
VGG - 4-0

Well I am the on ly person left so I guessed that I mustve been the GBA State Champion for OK which was fitting since a OK player took TX's GBA State Title from us hehehehehe....
I was waiting for the 1st round of the main tourney to start and they announced the top 10- player the top 11-14 player and the 3rd, 2nd, and 1st place finishers......Wehn I heard my name called I walked to the from and Birch handed me some packs and a AWESOME crystal GBA trophy that had "GBA State Champion March 12, 2005 " on it which is totally awesome :biggrin:

The Main tourney started jus shortly after my crowning of the GBA State Title sorry If my matches arent long.....cuz they really werent....I never went longer than 7-10 minutes in any match but the top 8:

Round 1 Vs ??? Blastoise/Pidgeot/Gyrados-ex
I got a decent Zap hand and got out a Zap turn 2.....He was weak to me and he didnt manage to get anything else...plus his pidgeots were in his prizes.......
GG - 1-0

Round 2 Vs Jeff - ZapTurnDos
I found out what he was playing after he turned his pokes up....I get to go first and I recharge w/ electrike .....he does the same.....I go...dual ball ( 1 heads ) ......Zap lay down and attach an energy....he couldnt recover from that since he got energy lag form then on and I benched him.
GG - 2-0

Round 3 Vs Andrew aka Shibobo - Shiftry/Espeon/Pidgeot
Well I get another good start and all I see on Andrews side of the table is a pidgy and 2 seedots....well I mamged to mow thru those and he lost due to me benching him.
GG - 3-0

Round 4 Vs Roy R. Ludicolo/Magcargo/Dark Hypno
Well all I saw was lotads and a slugma.....ends up bad for him and I win by benching another opponent...thats the 4th straight hmmmmm.....
GG - 4-0

Well right before this match I find out that some has STOLEN my brothers deck......Becuz we had everyone look for it by having Roy ( the judge ) go over the Mic and tell everyone....we looked everywhere, but its gone......

I hope that whoever has it feels good about stealing something becuz thats about you'll ever amount to anything...Is a "Thief".....

I managed to build him another exact copy of the deck but he decides that with a 1-3 record he wants to drop and go to the hotel and go to sleep since he wasnt feeling well th whole day and that little incident didnt help it any.

Round 5 vs Chris D. - Rock-Lock
Ok now is a very bad time for me to get a bad hand and what do you know......"A bad hand".....Zap,Zap,energy x2, dual ball, poke retriver, and reversal....well he manges to get out a D amphy and Kos enough of my pokes for the win. I latse like 7 turns before my demise.
GG - 4-1

Round 6 Vs Matt F. - Blaze/Magcargo/Moltres
I actually thought I had this game in the back....but OHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOO ( sarcastically ) another hand jus like in round 5 but I did get a little better top deck cards but it still doesnt help....he moltres'd me for the win.
GG - 4-2

Well I enter the top 8 as the 4th seed I think....I wasnt really sure but here are the the peeps that made the cut

Clay C. (ZapTurnDOS) VS Matt F. (Blaziken/Moltres)
Devin J. (Rock-Lock) VS Kevin J. (Dragonite/Pidgeot)
Ryan S. (STITCH) VS Chris D. (Rock-Lock)
Jordan D. (STITCH) VS Nicole (Gardevoir/Milotic)

Top 8 Vs Matt...

Game 1
This was a awesome game forthe both of us but my draws were soon falling out of pace with Matt.....But the KO'ing of his pidgeot did manage for me to come back and take the game into sudden death by blowing up the Trode with his Ray active......now If I had a shard....this game would have been mine.....but as seein I didn have it.....

Game 1 Sudden Death
Well here comes another one of those bad starts for me but thatnk god...he gets one too....I manage to get a zap powered and do 50 to his Ray.....well he needs a miracle of a top deck or I win since he cant KO a fully powered and no damage Zapp......WHATTTTT :eek: he drws a celio and goes for pidgeot....QS's for candy.....candies to blaze...multi to ray ( it already has a fire on it btw )....switchs for Pidgeot...firestarts to Ray...free retreat game..
VGG - 0-1

Game 2
I dont remeber much about the early to mid game stuff....other than I reversled out his pidgeot and that in turn really hurt his chances of recovery since I had Zap powered and attacking turn 2.....
VGG - 1-0

Game 3
Lemme put it this wasy.....I made a mistake that Ill NEVER make again.....I reversled and said the wrong poke....I was wanting pidgeot but it was already too late and that cost me the game.....and this happened turn 3 when I had zapp ready to go...
GG - 1-2

PS Matt : you are one Lucky Dude to survive a Rock-Lock deck :biggrin:

Well 5th overall in the 15+ isnt too bad,,,,after all I am the OK GBA State Champion with a cool trophy to go with it compliments of birch :thumb:

Nothing happened on our trek back to the Lone Star State....So Ill end the report here..

~ENJOY~

Props:
Every thing and Everyone :thumb:

Slops:
Theiving Losers who cant even buy or trade for their own cards :frown:

Last edited:
Clay you ROCK!!!!!! :biggrin:

Your win inspires me to get back into GBA ^_^""

Ah well, although you made a big misplay in the T8, that's fine. We learn from our mistakes. Besides, the big money isn't in State Championships. As I was telling Brad Allred, this is "chump change" compared to the impact regionals will make. If you're at the top of your game, you've got a strong chance at pwning reg, dude ^_^

As for the crook, didn't Roy say he has an idea who did it? The Rare Candies and the Pidgeots were the biggest loss, like you said, and if I had extra RC I'd let you borrow mine =(

GJ on the high-finish, and see you at league on Sunday.

Last edited:
Hmmmmmm you may be right....oh well we were all placed 5-8th he he he he
:biggrin:
The losers I mean.....

And Johnny....your right its jus small potatoes compared to reg's so im not worried a bit :thumb:

TY TY....See Yas @ league

Last edited:
Hey Clay,

just stay in the top and your WIN will come again. We all know about the gravely mistake that cost us the next cut. I'm sure your aware of mine in TX State that I still am ticked at myself for doing.

George must have had the top winning deck, why else would they want to keep him out of the game. :biggrin: Sorry about the loss of great cards though, just remember what comes around goes around and their day will come.

Look at it this way, you walked away with 1 of only 2 of those awesome limited Edition GBA Trophy's.
We hope to see you and the rest of the gang at Regionals. :clap:

I won my age at the TX in gba. Although in OK? NO! ko'd first round by a slowbro with like 9000 defense! a slaking with choice band and 235 attack does 22 damage with shadow ball HOW? I don't know. In the cards I got 1st going into top 4 finals, only to be stalled out bya twentytwofrickin'headsinarowwithbufferonjumpluff. my dark draggy was gonna win, but they called time on the guy taking 4 minutes per turn against me(I timed it) when he had one less prize than me. It would have been sudden death had he not stalled so much. I had a r's sneasel ex with 4 dark energy out against a gorebyss when my bench was full of darks(sharpedo ex, dark drag, 2 dark electrode, r's sneasel ex) not fair. I still got third though. Not to bad for my second states ever.

Dude...JJ....Luke didnt cheat...Buffer isnt stalling...Its a body(power?)thats is allowed....So quit Complaining

Back