Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Blaziken Future Death ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys its soles. with the approach of fire red leaf green and the birth of a fantastic stadium currently called mountain wall and the lost of oracle due to the change of format are blaziken's days numbered ?
Here are the blaze varients ive seen and played in the past.

RAMBO
Blaze/Ray
Blaze/Ton
Blaze/eggs

Without a doubt these are all great decks but they rely on delcatty to function consistently. With the loss of oracle and the gain of mountain wall which prevents all pokemon in play with 70 HP or lower to use their powers will blaziken seize to be the most dominant and most played and won with deck in the format. Also this mountain wall stadium is a horrible thing to manetric players. This will force the the blaze player to run at least 3 stadiums which IMO it will have a hard time doing. IMO this change in formats and the new set being released will balance the format even more. most red face paint/non blaze,delcatty,manetric, magenton deck will use this new stadium and balance the format.

now with the change of formats and additional set to have stoise ex and even venusaur ex will make a big apperence and do well in next year's tournament season. garde will gain a little bit of help considering it has less blaziken to worry about and only have metagross and shiftry in its way.

this is just my opinion.

i would really like to hear from u guys

soles

Well fool, here's my opinion.

Counter gyming is now all but necessary for the existence of some decks, like RAMBO and BaD MoM.

Counter gyming may be unnecessary in some rogue decks, such as the "secret" one I've been preparing for a long time, which I've told you about =)

Also, it looks to me like the Pokemon R&D really wants to hose both powers and ex pokemon. I got a little hint of that from when they released Plusle and Minun, and only recently has it been happening. Cards like desert ruins, ancient tomb, etc, etc hose ex's. Now let's watch power go back down again.

Yes, I think that the existing Blaziken decks are out. Swampert and Walrein is bad enough, Blastoise and Mountain wall will make it really bad.

Don't know whether a good deck can be made with Electrode EX, it does look like a pretty decent setup that doesn't require a lot to get going so you get more space. It could even be played with a Rayquaza EX as backup since there won't be any Crystal Shard until Blue Sky comes out, but that would then make you susceptible to Desert Ruins (but Rayquaza will be much better than Electrode in handling both Walreins).

hmmm

I've tried an Trode EX/Blaziken deck
and it turns out to be solid so far
seems to probably be my first Exon deck

and I found no problem finding room for 3 stadiums

IMO Blaze/manectric/Ray will become even more powerful....ive been working on a way to counter that gym and still keep huge amounts of damage coming every turn thru manectrics power.....Oh BTW NO DELCATTY.....dont need it once the format changes.......MUWHAHAHAHAHA

2 Delcatty
3 Steven's
3 POR
4 TV Reporter
3 Battle Searcher

that's my draw. . . if you consider Searcher to be draw. . . it kinda is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back