Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Blaziken/Manectric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox_Master51

Sup guys. After attended my local prerelease, I'm using the two week buffer period to test a deck I thought of late the past few nights. It probably won't work as well as i hope, but we'll see.

Blaziken FFI 4-1-3
Manectric EX - 2
Mr.Mime - 1
--- 11 Pokemon

Fire Energy - 9
Lightning Energy - 2
Double Colorless - 3
--- 14 Energy

N - 4
Juniper - 3
Skyla - 3
Blacksmith - 3
Lysandre - 1

Ultra Ball - 4
Rare candy - 4
Vs. Seeker - 3
Battle Compressor - 2
Muscle Band - 2
Jamming Net/Head Ringer - 2
Energy Switch - 2
Startling Megaphone - 1
Computer Search - 1
--- 35 Tr/Su

The idea here is to snipe like hell with Blaziken, and Manectric EX either finishes them off or set up KOs for EXs and such. It's simple on paper and hits pretty hard. Don't know if it'll work well in the long run with all the aggro decks nowadays, but I figured this was a pretty money efficient alternative to Charizard. The obvious problem though is Burning Shot's discard requirement. I'm trying to alleviste it by using BlackSmith, Vs. Seeker, etc.

What do you guys think?

Following are some thoughts for your consideration:

• You may need to 2HKO opponent's Poké more often than you would like. So, faster setup (than you currently have IMO) is critical.
  • There is no "good" starting Poké in your deck. Given the "low" HP of the Torchic and Mr. Mime, those can be easily 1HKOd. Even if you started with Manectric EX with its "High" HP, it would not be difficult for a F Poké to 1HKO it either. So, you may want to include a few Reshiram (Outrage). These Poké are fantastic in Fire decks.
  • You only have 4 N and 3 PJ for card draw support; this number is insufficient, IMO. Although you have VS Seeker, those could be nullified by Item-lock decks.
  • 1 Lysandre may be insufficient, despite the 3 VS Seeker (see above comment).
Given the above comments, I'd suggest the following changes:

-1 Skyla. 2 should be sufficient, IMO.
-1 Ultra Ball. 3 should be sufficient, IMO.
-1 Battle Compressor. I've found just 1 to be sufficient along with strong, consistent card-draw support.
-2 Energy Switch. Not sure these are really needed.
-1 Blacksmith. 2 should be sufficient, IMO.
-2 Head ringer / Jamming Net. Not sure how useful these will help since an opponent can "get around" them and your deck needs are higher priority.

+1 Professor Juniper. For more, strong card draw support.
+1 Pokémon Fan Club. to help setup your bench faster.
+1 Professor's Letter. To help search and obtain needed Basic energy from your deck.
+2 Reshiram.
+3 Bicycle. To provide some supplemental card draw when you need to play a Supporter during your turn too.

I hope you find these comments helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back