Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Blaziken viable?

kaworu

I was wondering a few things about Blaziken (the clutch version) and was wondering if someone who knows the metagame well could answer?

1. Is Blaziken viable in the current format? With G's and low energy cost pokes being the current top tiers can Blaze hang with them?

2. What version is best? Blaziken/Heatranlvlx? Blaziken and his galactic version? Rayquaza? G pokemon? What kind of build is used?

3. Has Blaziken placed in any major tournaments?

4. Does anyone have a link to a good current Blaziken deck list?

1. Yes
2. Blaziken + Blaziken FB
3. We haven't had them yet this season, but you can look at "what won battle roads."
4. Nope. Sorry.

Blaziken is sooooooo awesome! I've only been able to run 1-1 Blaziken FB, and a 1-0-1 Blaziken PL as a tech, but Blaziken FB is pretty easy to play. And it's synergy is self evident. So yes it is viable IMO. It is at least worth a try.

I ran 4-2-3 Blaziken PL with 2-2 Blaziken FB. The deck ended up focused on Blaziken FB, but it's hard to ignore the fact that with Heatran and Blaziken in play, Blaziken PL does a consistent 160.

You can probably find my topic somewhere in the Deck Help section. It was kind of cool - a little on the slow side, but pretty fun.

Ok thanks for the help guys.

So BlazikenPT/blazeFB is the way to go.

4 - 2 - 3 blazePL - 1blaze (the one that snipes)
2 - 2 BlazeFB

2-2 Claydol i assume
2 uxie? as I imagine it can be slow.
1-1 heatran lvlx?
Crobat G?

What sort of trainer engine?

LOL it seems people are calling the deck "KFC"

Last edited:
Apt name.

Anyway, I ran 1-1 Heatran, 1 Azelf (you do NOT want Heatran to be prized when you're trying for 160s) and 1 Uxie (yeah it can be a tad slow).

Run a SP toolkit because you will be SO slow with out it, you'll NEED Blaziken FB to be striking right away. You can Turn it up or Warp it out once it's taken a couple prizes or disrupted the opponent well enough, level up Heatran however you prefer, and start smacking with Blaziken PT.

I personally like Level MAX, but lots of people really hate the flippy. So it's down to preference.

Blaziken PL is viable, but it's a tough build to get right.

Heatran LV X is obviously great support, but it's a pain to get out, forcing you to run a whole bunch of Switch/Warp/Level Max. Even then it's an obvious target for Gengar, Flygon LV X, and Luxray.

Blaziken FB LV X is very good cos it gives you a fast attacking option and turns Clutch into a brutal 80 for 2 + Burn attack. Fire Spin will KO just about anything playable.

I would leave out the Heatran if running both Blazikens cos Clutch and Jet Shoot should do the job fine. Also, the deck is already incredibly tight. You are running a Stage 2 line plus Candies and you need to fit in enough SP Support (Cyrus, E Gain, Radar) to make the most out of Blaziken FB.

baby mario is right. Heatran lv. X would be great if it was a stage 1, but as a level X with a massive, unpayable retreat cost, it truly is a nightmare to get into play quickly and efficiently without costing you valuable deck space. The issue of it being an easy target for 3 of the most popular cards in the format is also a considerable downside.

Blaziken doesn't need auto-burn and energy retrieval to be devastating with the aid of Burning Spirit. Fire Spin is something to use sparingly. It is primarily for taking down huge threats like Flygon lv. X in one hit. Otherwise, you can get a lot of mileage off of Clutch-- 80 for two, plus burn, plus no retreat equals a great attack.

I think that Manectric is a good 1-1 tech to run here because it prevents Extreme Attack, which is invaluable protection to have. It can also slightly help against Kingdra by forcing them to 2HKO your Blazikens rather than set up 1HKOs via the accumulation of Dragon Pump bench damage.

Thanks for the great advice guys. Just a couple more questions if you would be so kind as to help further:

So it looks like

4-2-3 BlazePL - 1 Blaze GE
2-2 BlazeFB or 3-1 BlazeFB?

2-2 Claydol
2 uxie

1-1 Manectric
CrobatG? How many?

Rayquaza? waste of bench space? good with starks

---

2 warp
2 night maintenance/tsd
2 cynthia
4 bebe
4 roseanne
4 candy?
broken time space or starks? 2 of each?
cyrus
e gain
radar

fire energy
rainbow/multi/lightning (for manectric on the off chance he will attack)
call energy?

Quanitities of the above?

If you guys can let me know what you think I'll make a KFC deck list in the appropriate forum.

I was wondering a few things about Blaziken (the clutch version) and was wondering if someone who knows the metagame well could answer?

1. Is Blaziken viable in the current format? With G's and low energy cost pokes being the current top tiers can Blaze hang with them?

2. What version is best? Blaziken/Heatranlvlx? Blaziken and his galactic version? Rayquaza? G pokemon? What kind of build is used?

3. Has Blaziken placed in any major tournaments?

4. Does anyone have a link to a good current Blaziken deck list?

It can work, but it's not top tier because gyarados will always be there.

I tried blaze/fb and I've tried blaze fb/magmortar and both have worked well but i prefer the blaze/fb.

Not that I know

no.

Back