Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Bolt's Grinder Report!!!

Bolt

THEY TOLD ME NOT TO DO IT but here we go.

A few weeks ago, I play Gallade 4/Luxray GL vs Crim, running a bunch of weird/bad cards like Azelf Lv X. About a week after that, Magnechu plays a solid list vs me, I take it and run with it. Ryan Vergel suggests I add Starmie for the LuxApe matchup, but suggested even more that I run something with Manectric. Probably should've!

Round 1 vs ??? w/ LuxApe

I start off a little better than he does, opening with Bronzong but with access to a PokeTurn. I have turn 3 Gallade going, I'm about a prize ahead and he can't nail any flips on Rayquaza's Speed Gain Fire drill happens. I come back and the guy proceeds to run like no man has run before and comes back to win the game

0-1

Round 2 vs ??? w/ FlyChamp

I don't run Ditto so I'm like "OOPS" when he flips over an active Trapinch, but my opening hand has T2 Luxray Lv X in it so maybe I can get a quick start. I go first with Luxray, attach L and pass. He draws...Rare Candy, Flygon, bench Absol, retreat, attach, Baleful Wind....of course hitting the SP Radar AND Energy Gain. Later on in the game, it's tied 4-4 somehow and I've got a Luxray Lv X active dealing minor damage but keeping me in the game. I didn't see the Machamp coming until he Bebes for Machoke, drops the BTS and runs me over.

0-2

So I drop, sorry opponents! I win an 8-person pickup tourney the next day to redeem myself.

The point of this thread? This was one of the most fun weeks of my life, and was put into perspective by my hideous Grinder performance. As of Nats, there was NO way I was making it to San Diego, but I ended up coming up with the money and paying $360 to fly to the other side of the country and play two games of Pokemon.

I do not regret a THING about it.

There are so many amazing people playing this game and throughout the years I am so glad to have met people that I can call my best friends.

So this is my thank you to everyone who makes these tournaments this great, even when I'm frustrated with the actual TCG. Not going to list names, there are too many, but you know who you all are.

Daddy. 2010!

Bolt, I am truly sorry that I was not able to attend. But crap happens and we move on. I am hoping that for some tourney or Battle Roads that I can go down to NY to chill with you n Mikey and the gang hopefully.

PokeyPalooza here we come!

I should have listened to you the night you went..
i was 80% sure i would have bought a ticket tuesday lol..
ehh what can you do

Ily Bolt =]
Prez in 30 more years?

Back