Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Bolt's Quick Origins Report

Bolt

I wasn't gonna do one at all, but I had such a fun week

Get in Wednesday night, immediately find Team R (Omar was the only one awake at the time though <3) and hang with them.

Thursday I overslept so I didn't get to play the modified tourney...hung out with the R's some more as well as AJ, Luke and Pram and others.

Friday I play the modified tourney with the Banette list Zach and I had been working on for MONTHS. I x-2 drop, but he goes 7-0 win...this causes an apparent shift in the format? Or not, two Banette made the cut anyway. That night, Pramawat reinvents M&Ms with a bunch of new techs and Zach and I head out to test with Sabelhaus, Bobby and Garrett in Garrett's room (which is far away, so we sleep on his floor from 3 to 6am).

Saturday, I register Banette cause I don't really have anything else I'd play...should've went either Ambush or Shiftry though, in retrospect. Zach tells me that morning he decided to run ape last minute...I go 5-4. My four losses are to decks running Umbreon ex and my 5 wins are to decks not running it. I was thinking of a 1-3 Lunasol line, and I probably should've done that.

Sunday, I watch the top cut and enter that tourney x-2 dropping again. A bunch of us head to Mongolian BBQ (SOOOO GOOD) and we hang out in the room til the night, I pack and leave etc etc...there's a crazy heat wave going on in NY when I get back...nice.

Just wanted to give props to everyone I met and hung out with this week...too long to list names, but..woo Team R!!!

Awesome meeting you, dude. Hope to see you next year!

And yes, Mongolian Barbecue is amazing.

You so good. You should have quit Banette after I donked you with ape like 5 times, but still :D GJ

Back