Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Bored of the current format? Redshark Tournament - Round 1 pairings are up! New Rule

nnaann

This format has got really boring, and Unleashed doesn't seem to have shaken it up much. So many people are wishing more sets are rotated so SP won't stay dominant, and it's a shame that it's the case. I read Rogue Archtype's thread on creativity and thought about a way to get people to use it more.

This is a Single Elimination tournament with a random rule each round on types of cards which may be banned/ allowed from previous sets ( within reason. ) I hope it will require thinking outside the box to suceede in and no decks can be copied or netdecked since the rules will have changed by the following round. I hope this will create a more intresting way to play Pokemon, and get people enthusiastic again.

Judging what will be played, and ways to counter it will also be important. Suppose there was only Psychic Pokemon cards allowed, I'd imagine Shuppet would run rampant. Thus it would be vital for a deck to counter this, maybe with Mr Mime and some other tricks.

I won't be entering ( although I'd like to ) so I can't give myself any unfair advantages in chosing the rules. Prizes may be avalible, I need to see what I can offer. I don't want huge prizes on the line, and the feel of a competitive tournament.

Rules (I'm not going to be perfect with these, so if anyone has any suggestions then please post.):

1 Week to complete a round, if the deadline is reached and the match hasn't been played then I'll award the win the most active player on Hamachi.

If your Redshark connection cuts out, try the game again - this can happen by accident. Keep an eye on the Redshark timer for the match, and for each 5 minutes played before the cut out - the player who's connection didn't cut off can draw one prize card. If a connection goes twice in a row during one match, then that player is awarded a Game Loss for that particular match.

All matches are best of 3, I don't want half the people here only getting to play one match before being knocked out of the tournament.

I'm hoping to get a number which 2 multiplies into, the limit for this tournament will be 32 players which I hope to achieve.

Any method of playing the games is allowed, but if 2 players disagree then the matches must be played on Redshark.

Because a Judge can't be called over to the matches, please check up a ruling on Ask the Rules Team/ The Conpedium first. If a mistake means that the game can't be reversed, then a Game Loss is awarded - but feel free to agree to an alternitive solution between yourselves. I know this seems harsh, but no judges will be able to rule on it.

Please be aware of Timezones! I'm hoping this will have lots of different nationality players, and so Timezone differences become a pain. Make sure you chose a time that suits both players to play.

You can link up on any Hamachi group you like, it doesn't have to be one made for this tournament.

Current Players Entered -

1. Deoxeys Cool Form 7777777
2. LegendaryLugia
3. C-U Elite
4. Vegitalian
5. Sar86
6. Smacktack15
7. Ashinto
8. L the Great
9. Mama Luigi
10. Kayle

Round 1 Special Rule: All SP cards are banned for this round. Any Pokemon which are SP, any Team Galactic Tools, Cyrus's Conspiracy, Galactic HQ, Aaron's Collection, SP Energy etc.

Your Pokebodies, Pokepowers and lone Baltoys on the bench are safe again!

Last edited:
Updated the list, thanks guys!

I was thinking it would be cool to do an analysis of each round, and how the metagame turned out - but I don't want ideas posted on here for people to copy who haven't played yet. So PM me any cool ideas, or a basic description of what you played for the round and I'll include the best ideas.

I don't care how you guys play provided you both agree to it, it can even be in person if you want. If both players don't agree, then the game must be played on Redshark.

Wager and Mars are legal, forgot about those, It's the cards that relate to the SP Pokemon that are banned.

Updated the list, I'm hoping for 32 but 16 will be the minimum if interest decreases around then.

OK, since we can only get 10 people -

After the end of each round when we're left with an odd amount of players, I'll chose the best deck from the previous round and re-enter that player - so if you lose, PM me your list and basic strategy!

Round 1 Pairings ( drawn from a hat ) -

Ashinto v Deoxys Cool Form 7777777

C-U-Elite v Smacktack15

Sar86 v L the Great

Mama Luigi v Legendary Lugia

Kayle v Vegitalian

Round ends 1st of June, in one weeks time. Good Luck!

Back