Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

BR Autumn - K value of 8

8 is the shape of two grapes, meaing POP realized all the sour grapes from this season's Battle Roads and decided to fix it! =P

Seriously.... I'LL BE AT 1596 OR 1604 IN MY FIRST MATCH OF THE NEW SEASON!!!!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!

Depending on how the K-curve turns out, I like this. Hopefully, Spring BRs carry the same K value...

Someone during Spring BRs said:
Waaah! The Spring BRs have a k-value of 32! What are these people thinking?
Someone during Autumn BRs said:
Waaah! The Autumn BRs have a k-value of 8! What are these people thinking?

My hat is off to the folks at POP. Reading this forum, you'd think they never get anything right, yet they keep fighting on. . . .

The Battle Roads were intended to be low-key introduction events, sort of an "ease into it" series, primarily targeted at new
players entering the competitive scene, but giving the old veterans events where there historically (at least in the Autumn)
hadn't been any.

Obviously when plans collide with reality, what looked good on paper earlier doesn't work out so well in the field. I
think it is fantastic that POP is trying new things, learning from those things, and then restructuring them to try again.
Some of you people would just melt into a puddle if you received half of the criticism that you dole out to POP. Why
don't you give 'em a break and see how the changes shape up before you start hurling the tomatoes?

S.

I first off dont even know where that info is coming from, and my personal opinion is it is waaaaay too low. It is the first series of the season. I really dont feel like play in a BR and then when it comes to Cities I lose all the point I got in 1 game. I really think that while 32 is too much 16-24 maybe okay. I mean 8 seems a little low. I mean the current system really like the last games more than the first games of the season. So the fall battle roads being 32 points wont matter since by the time you get to spring battle roads any points or momentum you had would be long gone with a few losses.
JMO,
Drew

If we have a Battle Road of 78 people or so (like we did in Orlando this Spring), a K value of 8 is retarded.

I think POP is trying to push the fall BRs into what cities used to be: A very relaxed environment, basically very minimal competition.

Seeing that the info has been posted already, perhaps it might be wise to get an accurate quote to make sure the info is totally correct. As far as I know, the info he mentioned may or may not be accurate, since the actual letter said, "The K-value for Battle Roads is currently expected to be 8. This may be adjusted slightly." Bolded by me to prove my point. Jon is good at getting info, many times he gets things before they should be given out. I would rather in this case people were given all the info, and not a possible bit of info which may be changed later.

Yes, that is indeed what league is for, which quite frankly has basically the prize support of BRs anyway =\

8 is tiny.

If that is true, there is no reason to play in BRs for Rating, as winning 1 City would instantly catch you up with everyone.

Lol how sad, people were complaining about BRs/Cities being worth too much, and Nationals being too decisive, as always, PUI flipped a coin and landed on tails. Oops.

Lol how sad, people were complaining about BRs/Cities being worth too much, and Nationals being too decisive, as always, PUI flipped a coin and landed on tails. Oops.

Gee....PUI just cannot please anyone, eh? :nonono:

Come on folks. Everyone recognized and agreed that a K value of 32 for a BR was too high. PUI listened and adjusted it downward. Try it and see how it works. Dont complain until you see all the values (which have not been posted yet).

8 is not locked in yet either, although I'd say it is a pretty solid number for now.

Keith

Gee....PUI just cannot please anyone, eh? :nonono:

Come on folks. Everyone recognized and agreed that a K value of 32 for a BR was too high. PUI listened and adjusted it downward. Try it and see how it works. Dont complain until you see all the values (which have not been posted yet).

8 is not locked in yet either, although I'd say it is a pretty solid number for now.

Keith

I am sorry but, PUI cannot please anyone, it is proven. They haven't really taken in what people have asked for. Instead of making decisions by themselves, why don't they see what the "people" want....after all, we are the reason PUI is even here. I have seen soo many good threads about what should be done, and I am sure PUI would just flake that off. 8 is worthless IMO, Yes we complained that BR were too big but, going from 32 to 8 just seems too crazy.....16-20 is a nice amount for BR.....All I know is if it stays at 8.....GL getting attendence for BR tournament!!!!

24 sounds fair...I never had a problem with 32 especially since these are at the BEGINNING which means unless they'll be like k-40 they ultimately won't matter except for 1 or 2 people

24 sounds fair...I never had a problem with 32 especially since these are at the BEGINNING which means unless they'll be like k-40 they ultimately won't matter except for 1 or 2 people

I didn't have a problem with 32 exactly, I mentioned to Ray S. that it may have been set a little too high but, I really didn't care. 24 sounds about right.....

Back