Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Brawler

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=
Okay so I haven't posted reports in a long while(Had a regs one which was lengthy but got deleted) so I'll post a thread with all of my BR reports.

Charlottesville, VA - 5/22/10

So this was the first spring BR of the year and I wanted to start off on the right foot. So we went down to Charlottesville. I got there as registration ended(totoro, the PTO, was nice enough to let me in without a R1 loss and just a loss of tiebreak). So I got my deck, shuffled it, and got ready for the event.

8 Seniors(Ouch)
3 Rounds
Top 2

So there really wasn't anybody special there...onto the report. I'm playing Luxchomp.

Round 1: Vs. ??

This was a very fast game, taking no more than 4 turns. I got a T2 Luxray and swept.

1-0

Round 2: Vs. Ursaring and stuffs

I went second and Snap Attacked for the donk.

2-0

Round 3: vs. SPs

A weird Blazechomp build was my opponent. Had a Gallade line in there too. It actually gave me a little trouble until I got the Cyrus engine running. And that's how it ended.

3-0

Top 2 next.

T2: Vs. Round 2 opponent

I thought I'd be playing my R3 but w/e.

Game 1:

This lasted a little bit. Again I got him early with some Luxrays and Garchomps. Nothing really worth saying here.

1-0

Game 2:

I donked him with Snap Attack. AGAIN

2-0

So I won- not really any competition, and sorry for the short report!

Props:

Winning
Subway
Rush Hour(If you don't know what it is, google it. Not the movie btw.)

Slops:

Small place
Not many people
Not much competition

Warrenton, VA - 5/29/10

I head out to Warrenton along with my friend Dean, and he's playing Absol G today. I'm still playing Luxchomp after the 4-0 win last week. Highlights of the ride:

Angry Birds
Angry Birds
Did I say Angry Birds?

So I arrive within time to register. I shuffle up and parings go up.

10 Seniors
4 Rounds
Top 2

R1: vs. Ursaring/Tyranitar/Donphan

Suprisingly, this match gave me a run for my money. His high HP pokemon gave me trouble. I eventually found a way to get around it- snipe other pokemon. I ended up getting 10 damage left on his T-tar and Ursaring. Flash bited both FTW.

1-0

R2: vs. Shuppet Donk

So this kid learned how to play LAST NIGHT! Mad props for that because he did know how to play his deck for a person who just learned. Anyway, he did not get the best of starts. I made it worse for him by picking off his shuppets and drawpower. After all the shuppet madness I pulled out the win.

2-0

R3: vs. Jimmy w/Cursegar

He got a terrible hand at the beginning. I got T2 Lux and mopped the floor the whole game. Garchomp also helped me pick off a few things.

3-0

R4: vs. Patrick w/PLOX

I think I T2'ed or T3'ed him. :/

4-0

Top cut goes up and I find out I'm playing Patrick as a result of the 2nd tiebreaker.

Game 1:

This was moderately long. I opened Luxray and Garchomp to his Tomb and Ralts. He dropped Baltoy and Graced. I used Cyrus, got a few goodies, and shuffled my deck. This was what it was like for a few turns. We both set up. Then finally I bit his Spiritomb(an attack, lol)for the first KO. I got a substantial lead, and I held it.

1-0

Game 2:

I opened with 3 cyrus, luxray, and a lightning(that's all I remember). I had a fantastic opening(which goes without saying.) I ended up getting to a 13 card hand before he used looker to get rid of it. I drew a moderate hand and had to live off of that for a while. It was a prize war, him trying to get prizes along with me. He got out a Pixie lock(Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf), so Downer Material crippled me. I tried to use my shuppet's fade out on his Gardy X with 30 damage on it, and he realized he had Downer. So we called a judge and he said since it was an invalid attack, I can redo my attack. I did *gasp* Hypnotic Gaze. And he went night night. For 3 constant sleep checks. I got a chance to get 2 fade outs in. So I took my last prize and won.

2-0

Woot 9-0 BRs.

Props:
Lunch at Chik-fil-a
9-0
Winning
Great Judging
Smoothies
Great Store venue

Slops:

Nothing much really.

Stafford, VA - 5/30/10

So it's the second BR of the weekend and I'm looking to go back to back wins...we'll see.

I got checked and sat down to unsleeve Tim's deck(he's so cool, writing his list in line :cool:). Anyway it's not long before we do get started.

10 Seniors(Same as yesterday)
4 Rounds
Top 2

Round 1: Vs. theme.dec

Oh yeahhh...played against theme.dec.

1-0

Lunch is at this place and we find a way to beat the bouncy ball machine...so bad. I go outside and talk to everybody. RA tells me what white pizza is as I don't know(shocker :eek:), and we all talk about ratings and what not. Then the round starts.

Round 2: vs. modifiedtheme.dec

Yeah- it was a little different from round 1 but mostly the same.

2-0

Round 3: vs. ANOTHER modified theme deck

Man was I playing down so to speak...this was a little better again when he brought down one of my luxrays, but he brought down his own eevee at it too e.e

3-0

Round 4. vs Patrick w/Flychamp lock

Cool, a legit game. I open with Garchomp and Luxray to his Tomb and Machop. He tries to grace for Machoke but it's prized. I take my turn and set up with Cyrus. I attach a lightning to Luxray and pass. It's very slow in the beginning- until I get his Tomb. Then he gets a Machamp out and starts whacking me. He belts it for some weird reason and uses strong-willed. I shuppet him for 120 and he flips tails, so I take the prize lead. He sets up the Flygon and begins the lock. My Bronzong got locked- and I almost killed it. His Unown K removed 2 damage counters, then he used sand tomb to place one. I used Galactic switch to move random energies to my Uxie(if I had moved more, it would have been even more of a brilliant idea). The Bronzong almost killed itself, then he lucked out on reversal and pulled up my garchomp which was ready to snipe him next turn. If only he had flipped tails there...I would have had him. My deck count then thins to under 10. I psychic restore 4 cards to the bottom, but then my poketurn gets milled. So I don't really have much of a chance anymore...I continue Psy restoring, but I got decked out.

3-1

I got 4th and wiffed cut because of my first 3 rounds D:

Props:

8-1 weekend
12-1 overall
Good venue
Dean for winning

Slops:

Missing cut for first time since Cities
First 3 opponents not being able to do anything :/
Losing by deckout
Not switching to Jumpluff(sort of a prop though as I found out about the clumping issue)

That's all I've got for now. More updates this weekend!

Last edited:
Back