Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Brazilian Nats

Bohn

I just dont know how to start this thread.

Saturday: deckchoices

Guilherme Mattos (Guille90), Vitor Almeida (Garuda), Renan Bigarelli (his father's name on the gym is lucarebi) and i started playtesting.

As some of you knew, our nats was HP-SW, due to.... nevermind.

I was playtesting GG with furret, corsola and blasty d, as i predict half would play GG/absol, the other half some banny variants.
Guilherme was confident with BanBliss, with sableye and minun.
Vítor and Renan both with Absol/GG, but Vitor with Dusknoir teched.

On the playtests i went undefeated against EVERYONE, which made me pretty confident to go, Guilherme only lost to me, becuz i always outspeed blasty d, and ko'ing corsola meant nothing.

Sunday: Nats

Round 1 vs GG/absol/dugtrio SW tech (lol??)

The guy is rly nice, we both started torterribad, my squirtle vs his diglett, lol.
I prlzd him for 3 turns to stall, while we both drew dead, but i had candy and gardy on my hands. I got ralts, TVR, etc... could set-up a gallade and finish the game.

1-0

Round 2 vs Monarchy

He basically T2 nidoking alone, while i was setting up with corsola, he called my benched ralts, i let it die to stall a few more, got gallade, had scramble and candy in order to ko him.

2-0

At this time i was pretty confident with my list, it was def working.

Round 3 vs Fabio Lona (06 nats champ) with GG/absol

He started with ralts, me too.
He went first, energy, sleep.
I drew celio's, and i had a candy in my hand, but only DRE. I could get a gardy/gallade, but i was fearing him to have a gallade and DRE, so i got corsola.
He evolved T2 to kirlia, DRE and ko my ralts.
I sent corsola and runned out of energy for 4 turns, so i lost.

2-1

Round 4 vs Furret/GG

Another stupid match, i had corsola, energy, but no supporters or evolutions. He had a single ralts.
I started, rally, got 3 pokes, passed. He put me to sleep. I drew dead, passed. He played roseanne's, and put me to sleep.... At some point during the game he got what he needed and started to plox me, too late, i was drawing dead for the 2nd time in a row.

2-2 and at this point i knew i couldnt make the cut.

Round 5 vs Flex

He started drawing like ****, i copycat him for 19 at some point of the game. He got early flex, ko'ed, and i did the comeback with gallade, flipping for 5 to ohko, good move. He had more than 20 cards in his hand and couldnt make anything lol. He just watched me finishing.

3-2

Round 6 vs GG

Basically he T2 me with lone early gardy and i did the comeback with T3 gallade to finish in 3 min.

4-2

I placed 12th due to poor opponents: the guy on 1st round went 1-2 drop, and all the rest 3-3. Freaking horrible.

Guille went 5-1 to top8, and finished 2nd, loosing to the ONLY honchkrow in the tourney.

But wait, honchkrow with ER2, crystal beach, cess crystal... I knew such format sucks and any lucksack could win but this is awful!

All my "rivals": Alex Silva (who went 2nd last year), Paulo Ferreira (2nd 2006), Fabio Lona (2006 winner) went 3-3. And this people i consider pros here.

EVERYWHERE i looked at people were complaining that they got donked: "oh, i started with lone shuppet, so he donked me T2".
"oh, i started with lone absol and he donked me with T2 gallade". "oh, i was donked by T2 banette".

Illegit format, not best of 3, poor judging, half of the wins by donks = Illegit Nats.

What can i say now? Such guy is trully a lucksack and wont def represent the country as a winner should (he did like many mistakes during the FINALS, and still won). I know in the other hand that i sucked last year at worlds, but i also know it was due to bad deck choice.

The senior case:

Lucan Henrique won undefeated. This kid is widely knew by cheating during the game. It wasnt different from what we saw yesterday: PURE CHEATING.
Against Allan Weber, when Allan wanted to pick a card with TGM, this Lucas simply holded the card in his hand, shuffled again and asked to pick again! Whats that?! PURE CHEAT! Judges? Why? It doesnt make any difference, in such 3rd world country where the law is never applied, why should pokemon be different?! "Oh, i didnt see anything". "We cant guilt him only becuz we know he cheats, if we dont see him cheating".
But thats not the worse part about this kid: He just called Weber's aunt a REALLY UGLY BADNAME. Judges? SOTG?! WHERE?! Nothing happened! ALL the parents of Seniors saw that, and started a petition to BAN this kid.

The juniors:

Nothing to say, Renan played so good during the whole season, yesterday wouldnt be different. Won undefeated again, finishing the season with 52-1. I'm really proud of "my kid".

So, what about me? I'll probably have the rankings, but after that i saw things yesterday, i'm rethinking if i should go to worlds. Becuz i guess i'll be the only one in Orlando, since i'm like 99% sure that Both senior and masters wont go to worlds becuz the U.S embassy will deny their visa (from what i know about their policy).
I seriously hope they dont get the visa, the travel pass down to Guilherme and then i'm going with him to have lots of fun.

Hope you guys are not tired of reading this, but i had to say such things.

Props:

Renan for amazing season
Guilherme for being our TRUE CHAMPION even that he placed 2nd
TBA
All people who wished for my win

Slops:

Devir, our awful LD
Illegit format
Senior cheater winner
Masters lucksack winner
Awful place where nats was held
Prize (oh wait, i won a Pop 6, a PIN and a luxray card! wee! full of sarcasm inside)

EDIT: My list.

Pokémon:22

4 Corsola
1 Ralts d
3 Ralts DF
2 Kirlia
3 Gardy
1 lv X
2 Gallade
2 Sentret
2 Furret
1 Squirtle SW
1 Blasty d

Energies:15

6 Psy
4 DRE
2 Scramble
2 Fighting
1 Cyclone (anti cess, absol, etc)

Trainers:23

4 TVR (discarding corsola)
4 Celio's
4 Candy
4 Warp point (decided not to play windstorm, so this could be more usefull on starting game)
2 Lake B. (plox OHKO their gardy)
2 Copycat (good against absol, since absol/gg draw dead pretty often)
2 Night m
1 Bebe's (5th celio's)

I have nothing to say about my list, it was GREAT, as i could avoid T2 donk, but had some bad luck on my draws =/ on 2 games i lost

Last edited:
Round 3 vs Fabio Lona (06 nats champ) with GG/absol

He started with ralts, me too.
He went first, energy, sleep.
I drew celio's, and i had a candy in my hand, but only DRE. I could get a gardy/gallade, but i was fearing him to have a gallade and DRE, so i got corsola.
He evolved T2 to kirlia, DRE and ko my ralts.
I sent corsola and runned out of energy for 4 turns, so i lost.

Was he really running the Dream Eater Kirlia (PK)??????

no Lia, the SW one.
he already had a multi on kirlia.
3 energies, 2nd atk, 30 dmg x 2 turns = ko

If you look at Kirlia's SW second attack it says that attack dont apply weakness or resistance x_x

I played this nats too.

I’m mainly a collector than a player but i consider myself a good one (I’m the winner of Rio de Janeiro states but ended up about 25th on my nats..xP)

Such a awkward top 8...

honchsol winning the tournament was something unbelievable.
On my 1st match I got donked at the second turn for a banette
On the second match I hadn’t another basic Pokémon and got donked my gardy.
At this point I was completely "omfg what's happening" and then I dropped on the 3rd match.
After that I won another 2 and on the 6th match I lost again.

When I said that this were the strangest nats I’ve ever seen (it was my first as I started to play last year...xP...But my friend told me about the past ones) i believe this is the opinion of all good players that were there.

Maybe people should play some starters... May i suggest corsola, zangoose, smeargle... If a decks wins it cannot be that bad ...such levels of luck does not exist.. but of course if bannette and absol are popular it may be a luck based format..

Donks happen, it sucks to see them happen at nats, especally in such a great supply (GG/Absol, what a donk deck.)

People like that SR winner pisses me off, did the person playing TGM call a judge? what did the judge do if he/she was called? It would be funny to see the cheat denyed a visa.

HP-SW.... WTH is that, why dont you have GE and MD?

What was the attendance break down?

About the senior: yeah, he called the judge but judging is rly poor here.

HP-SW format: our LD says its a problem on the customs (since the workers from customs are in strike against the government for higher salaries), but the point is many stores import theirselves GE (and now MD), so it was a pointless and illegit format imo.

The nats here is invite-only (you must win small events like BR, T2 at city and T4 at states, basically), and imo its a stupid decision by the LD anyway.

Juniors: 6 kids

Seniors: 24 if i'm not wrong

Masters: 44 (but 4 players got late and started 0-1 on R2, a shame, becuz we could have Top16 becuz of that and i wouldnt miss the cut =/)

And yeah, as Diego and Agustin T2'd at nats i got the invite #1. So i expect to go to Orlando ^^

Back