Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

brief regs summary

Bolt

this is a quick report because people are still asking me how i did, so this is strictly to answer that question.

i actually got in quite a bit of testing for this one, mainly with plox. i, for the life of me, could not win games with magmortar and never got comfortable with arithmetic (which i voted to name "Daddy."). i went with plox, which i had done moderately well with at states. i took out the bad starters which cost me top 8. major thanks to chad.

saturday 2:36am: last time i see the clock before i fall asleep
saturday 4:50am: my alarm clock goes off

ugh.

i get there, see a bunch of people, shaw gives me the rest of my deck (i still have your cards bro)

round 1 - hector f w/ monarchy
i open with a TON of basics and he for whatever reason doesnt flick poison my baltoys or raltses. i have to send up BALTOY to attack to draw 2 and those 2 are candy/gardy so then i go off next turn. he fills his bench, not expecting dusknoir i guess and i get it out and send back his attackers, leaving him with pachi, nidoqueen d and claydol on his bench while im psychic locking him
1-0

round 2 - PA player w/ banette
he's in good shape until he misplays and plays a 4th benched poke then i double celio for dusks and candy.
2-0

round 3 - johnny blaze, magmortar/claydol
he mulligans and i actually have a good start....random deck check. im up in this game because of crucial wager wins and a nice dusknoir hit. he gets a late mag x to begin the comeback but he's down 4-2 and can't take 2 prizes when time's called...sorry man :(
3-0

round 4 - ian r, mirror
i open tauros with a hand of claydol candy and gardy and of course, never see an attachable energy.
3-1

round 5 - edwin l w/ gardy/breloom
breloom hits anything that has free retreat for 120 for 3 energy, and when he plays down pheobe's i'm like 'ohh that's what that does' so i tauros the stadium, win a wager and keep the lock the rest of the game
4-1

round 6 - anthony g w/ mag/typh
i miss like one energy drop, which causes me to have to break the lock for ONE turn and he goes off. i come close but can't ko his late game mag x
4-2

round 7 - shaw, mirror
i t2 his pachi with gallade then on t3 i have gardy and clay on bench ;/ shaw hates me.
5-2

i'm 11th seed, my side of the bracket is like...all gardy

top 16 - evan e, mirror
in game 1 he opens with sableye, i didn't know what he was playing. he first turn excavates a copycat and has to play a slew of supporters to get any kind of setup, but i get the lock first and win. game 2 doesnt go much better for him and i keep the lock all game again

top 8 - adam c, mirror
i won this one...i won't discuss it but again i am really sorry

top 4 - ian ryave, mirror
game 1 i got the lock first and won, game 2 i could not draw a gardy for my life which worked out for a little bit because he gave me some time to set his gardys up for KOs with kirlia. unfortunately i couldnt draw much after the first gardy i sent up. game 3 he got the lock first and that basically decides it.

so im 4th cause i got paired down and lost in swiss causing me to be 11th seed, 3rd place finisher (ben s) was 9th seed going in

props:
-too many people to mention. if you were at all a positive influence in my pokemon playing careeer you belong here.
-dusknoir. i don't know if people weren't expecting it or what, but it worked beautifully for me all day.

slops:
-time in general. the amount of it i got for sleep, games decided on it, etc.
-anthoy

thanks for all the support

GJ bolt srry about everything weird that happened there ya we don't need to go into them.. This is ben btw but ya gj on 4th and staying up till midnight to start finals FTW. C ya later and gl till nationals.

Back