Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Bring back Rochester draft!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this another level?

really? Oh wow! I did it again!

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

What is Rochester Draft? Can you please explain?

Rohester draft:

8 players in a circle with 6 packs each. Player 1 opens pack and lays out all cards in pack, then clockwise to right, playerstake a card from the opened pack. 8th player will take 2 cards and reverse the direction so everyone but the first player takes 2 cards from pack. Then you go to next player, open pack, and repeat. Do this until all packs have been opened. A very long process but a very fun alternative to sealed or booster draft.

Last edited:
TBH, it probably wouldn't work due to the weird pack sizes that TPCi puts out. It is really quite fun, though, so having even 11 cards per pack instead of 10 (which would allow pods of 6, not 8) would be quite helpful.

Rochester draft would be amazing! I will probably try to run one for my leaguers, too bad it can't be sanctioned.

Its a draft i havent heard in many years. I'm so glad someone brought this up. I miss this type of drafting and i hope some day pop brings it beck. I am on a vote to see it one more time :)

anyone can do it, you just have to buy the packs. it's very time consuming, so not a lot of people want to. it's lots of fun......i played my first one in the prof. challenge in san diego with DMTM! i know strike remembers that one.

anyone can do it, you just have to buy the packs. it's very time consuming, so not a lot of people want to. it's lots of fun......i played my first one in the prof. challenge in san diego with DMTM! i know strike remembers that one.

it really is, but yeah the only problem is the time factor, it can drag on. However something I did thnk about was that rochester would only work well when a certain sets are used.

There is an elite Rochester Draft held every year at Worlds.

The infamous "Piglet Draft"

I think rochester is the BEST form of drafting.

Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back