Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Brolly: The Legendary Super Saiyan

Dek

Okay, so a few days ago, i rented the latest DragonBall Z DVD (as well as Budokai) from Blockbuster. After watching it in American, i tried to find the Japanese option. None was available. So here I was with a game that was better than the movie, a movie that stop running after trying to run the TMNT preview, a few scratches on the bottom of the DVD, and NO JAPANESE VOICEOVERS. As a matter of fact, it was the same problem with Budokai as well.

Do i find it disturbing? Yes, for the obvious reason of not having the original voices on the movies. The only question I have is..Is it so hard to add in the Japanese version? I have a few DBZ (the series) DVDs and they have the Japanese voice acting. What I dont see is why Funimations didnt do that for the movie unless they and 4Kids made a hidden alliance not to add in Japanese voice acting :lol:

On the positive side, it was nice to see that there were more saiyans living somewhere in the universe other then Goku and Vegeta :lol:

FUNimation's released two versions of the DBZ movies on DVD. One is cut and features only the English language (which all Blockbusters seem to be picking up), while the other is uncut and bilingual. Don't get too cozy about the Saiyajin bit. Brolli only exists in the movies, which don't reflect on Toriyama's original story (the manga version). You'll get bored of him eventually, seeing as there were three movies with him as the main villain (the last one being a stupid clone..)

o_O now im interested :lol:

But I am thinking of getting the uncut version or just save up some money and buy a few DBGT DVD's

Overall, the movie was halfway decent. If your a DBZ nut, go watch it

Don't bother with GT. You might as well just go for uncut DVDs of Z. GT is attrocious. The story's filled with plotholes, enemies were really terribly thought of (Bebi is basically another Buu), and it's not done by Toriyama at all. The only good thing GT had going for it was the music..and I'm speaking for the Japanese version. It gets much worse in English. You can see for yourself by watching it on Cartoon Network on Fridays at 6:30pm.

i don't know, i have most of the gt versions and the whole SS4 is worth it, unfortunately the whole evil shenron saga isn't available........... AAARRGG

it's cool as long as you don't put much thought into it, and that's the point of movies(not thought required)

But you see, to DB purists, such as myself, DBGT's whole concept was filled with tremendous plot holes. Goku turns into a kid again and somehow forgets the Instantaneous Movement but can still transform into Super Saiyajin 3, which was said can only really be done well enough when dead. Super 4 transformation was a big pile of crap. It isn't a fully Super Saiyajin form, but to once again break limits that were once said to be unbreakable is pure bull plop. Especially Vejita skipping the third form and going on to the Super 4 stage (and yes, I know Bulma helped with that..even that was stupid). The Super Hell Fighter 17 saga was just as boring as the Bebi saga. Bringing back a character from the past and making him stronger wasn't the best of ideas. Everyone in Hell breaking loose was already done in the 12th DBZ movie. The Shenlong saga was okay, but still made my head hurt. Then came the finale. Goku leaving on the good Shenlong's back and vanishing for 100 years only to end up seeing Pan and his great grandson, Goku Jr. The only part of GT worth seeing was the ending credits to the final episode because of the theme "Dan Dan" playing while the credits showed every seiyuu who contributed to the DB series' and scenes from each series (more DB and DBZ than GT, thankfully).

I don't know how FUNimation is handling the DVDs, but they pretty much cut away quite a few episodes out of the begining of GT, which shortens it up (it's short enough as is). Really gets on my nerves..especially their attempt at the music. Who the hell told them rap/rock would be a success? GT's best aspect was its wonderful music, and once again, FUNimation destroys that. They had the rights to air the original music. They did it with Dragon Ball. Why not GT? They already ruined it with Z. Looks like GT's dub is indeed worse than Z's dub, making GT even worse.

Elite Trainer Raven said:
But you see, to DB purists, such as myself, DBGT's whole concept was filled with tremendous plot holes. Goku turns into a kid again and somehow forgets the Instantaneous Movement but can still transform into Super Saiyajin 3, which was said can only really be done well enough when dead. Super 4 transformation was a big pile of crap. It isn't a fully Super Saiyajin form, but to once again break limits that were once said to be unbreakable is pure bull plop. Especially Vejita skipping the third form and going on to the Super 4 stage (and yes, I know Bulma helped with that..even that was stupid). The Super Hell Fighter 17 saga was just as boring as the Bebi saga. Bringing back a character from the past and making him stronger wasn't the best of ideas. Everyone in Hell breaking loose was already done in the 12th DBZ movie. The Shenlong saga was okay, but still made my head hurt. Then came the finale. Goku leaving on the good Shenlong's back and vanishing for 100 years only to end up seeing Pan and his great grandson, Goku Jr. The only part of GT worth seeing was the ending credits to the final episode because of the theme "Dan Dan" playing while the credits showed every seiyuu who contributed to the DB series' and scenes from each series (more DB and DBZ than GT, thankfully).

I don't know how FUNimation is handling the DVDs, but they pretty much cut away quite a few episodes out of the begining of GT, which shortens it up (it's short enough as is). Really gets on my nerves..especially their attempt at the music. Who the hell told them rap/rock would be a success? GT's best aspect was its wonderful music, and once again, FUNimation destroys that. They had the rights to air the original music. They did it with Dragon Ball. Why not GT? They already ruined it with Z. Looks like GT's dub is indeed worse than Z's dub, making GT even worse.

Ditto. I watched the Japanese subtitled DVD's of GTand was partially interested....not nearly as much as Z. Why couldn't they dub it like Trigun(extremely minor changes, nothing that ruins the storyline/plot/effects)? All this cheap american dubbing is horrible.......this is why I'm eventually moving to Japan after college. I plan on working among the Japanese themselves to make sure it gets done right. Not that I have any say over what they'll end up dubbing in america, but who cares when you made the original in japan, right?

Anyways, I'm a bigtime DBZ fanatic, I have the entire series memorized by heart...from the raditz saga all the way down the Other World games saga, up to the World Martial Arts tournament(haven't memorized all of the Buu saga yet, only up to the part where Buu is just hatched from the egg, bleh). I couldn't even touch up on GT, it's that bad. It just doesn't keep my attention....oh well...

On a slight tangent, I must say that I met Vic Mignogna (sp?) , the voice of Brolly, this weekend and he was a pretty cool guy. He came by the Funimation booth during Katsucon and yelled at us about how we didnt have anything DBZ and specifically Brolly-related at the booth.

Back