Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Burlington, NC Report (First Tourney in awhile)

~Blazi-King~

Well, I decided tp drive up to NC. LONG Drive.

I got there right at registration time, and decided to build an idea I have been wanting to try...big mistake, but I learned what I needed to change ofter the second round. I decided to go with Gatr/Kyurem.

Round 1 vs Yanmega Prime/Emopleon
We both started off the game pretty slowly, with my starting things. I opened with a Kyurem, and he a smeargle. It stays like this for while, while I built up my bench, getting 2 more kyurems on my bench and 2 gatrs. I plays some tricks with junk arms, catchers and the like, all the while abusing my hand supporters of N and PONT. The N's hurt him more that they helped him in the aspect they kept giving me my outs, being able to switch, or junk arms for the switch. I was able to counter everyone of his moves. All the while Glaciating his bench to death.Taking 3 prizes when time +3 was called. I managed 2 more prizes during the +3. for the win.
Final prize taken count: me 5, him 1
(1-0)

Round 2 vs Darkrai EX
He started off really slowly, allowing me to get a Kyurem up and going, then eventually getting my gatr. I was able to take 2 KO's before he was able to KO my side of the field
Final prize taken count: me 2, him 6
(1-1)

Round 3 vs Exccelgor/Vileplume
I started off really slowly again, but so did he. He was stuck, until I N'd him...after that it was downhill, he was able to get 2 sunflora in play and keep the accelgors up and attacking while his Vileplume kept me from making any form of recovery.
Final prize taken count: me 1, him 6
(1-2)

Round 4 vs ReshiPhlosion
I was able to get an excellent start, kyurem pretty much won me the game until I brought up Kyogre ex for the game finisher. She had 2 typlosions and 3 reshi's, all taking damage from my kyurem.
Final prize taken count: me 6, her 1
(2-2)

Round 5 vs Meganium Prime/Mewtwo EX
I could get anything going, and by the time I did, he had meganium and mewtwo out and attacking. He started the game withe Celebo Prime and shuckle, and was using that for a form of energy aceleration, kind of interesting really.
Final prize taken count: me 2, him 6
(2-3)

Just wanted to say that this was one of the few tournements I have been able to go to since Joining the military in '09. I was able to get a feel for the metagame VERY quickly and now know what I have to do to be able to counter it with a rogue deck.

Last edited:
Back