3 Brimeys Compassion
2 VS Seeker
3 Stevens Advice
4 TV Reporter

Energy:13
4 DRE
3 Rainbow
6 Psychic

Ok um, not the greatest Idea in the world.....or is it? Testing has jsut started on this deck, it's doing good against mediocre decks like Monarchy and Stoise, it's tearing them apart so far. I haven't tested it against Blaze decks, Draggy decks or slaking decks yet, but with Gorebyss and Butterfree I think those decks will have trouble with this type of deck.Let me know what you think, hopefully before the weekend, got a CC comin up and I might want to play this.

The Butterfree I built gets eaten alive by Stoise... soon as those Magnetons start doing over 100 per turn, it's pretty much over for Butter, even with help from Stadiums - which I noticed you aren't even using.

Any deck that can hit for more than 100 in one shot totally screws any chance Butterfree has at competing.

Ok lets think on what Tagrineth said, because it makes sense. Anything that can hit for more than 100 will probably beat you in the long run. IN THE LONG RUN. So what you have to do is come on strong and fast, gain an ealry lead, and not let them catch up. To do this? WEll lets look at a list.

Pokemon...25 is to many in my opinion. Lets cut Jirachi, 2 Slowpoke, and a Slowbro. Now lets add a Gorebyss this leaves you count at 21 and still gives you the Huntail TeCH

Pokemon:21
4 Dunsparce
3 Clampearl
3 Gorebyss
1 Huntail
3 Caterpie
3 Metapod
3 Butterfree

Now on to trainers, this is what is important, it will give you a speed advantage.
Lets Cut pokemon retriever, Rare candy, and Rockets Administrator.
Now let's add 2 Copy Cat and 3 Gyms, i think Mt. Moon will aid you in disabling your opponent until you have the advantage

Trainers:23
4 Tv reporter
3 Steven's Advice
2 Copy Cat
1 Prof. Oaks Research
3 Celios Network
3 Mr. Brineys Compassion
2 Switch
2 VS Seeker
3 Mt. Moon

This leaves you with 16 spaces, and the perfect amount for energy? 16, well IMO
Not much i can explain about energy but this is how i would go.

Energy:16
4 DRE
4 Rainbow
2 Multi
6 Psychic

Good Luck =)

`Ben

Mt. Moon negates Slowbro's power.

Slowbro's power is almost essential for the deck's mass healing potential... :S Not good to cut the bugger out.

And unfortunately, most of the pure power decks that run rampant these days can dish out too much damage simply too quickly for Butter to keep up with.

Honestly, most of the original deck list posted looks fine to me for a League-caliber Butter variant. I'd add more energy and take out the VS Seekers, but that's about it.

Butter simply isn't tournament caliber.

Last edited:
I like AncientAbsols list, cept maybe 2 ancient tomb 1 mt moon would work better, help to counter those weaknesses alittle better.Thx for all the help, I think Butterfree will make a good tournament level deck.

Metagame wise, There are a new wave of Bench attackers, I would not rule out Buterfree to negate the bench attacks, notably Dark Crobat, or Xatu-Dark Ampy- Rock decks.

Problem, both Butterfree and Gorbyss is that they are both weak to Electric. Bad balance. Might Try running a 3-3 Xatu rather than the Gorbyss.

Pokemon:25
4 Dunsparce
2 Clampearl
2 Gorebyss
3 Slowpoke
3 Slowbro
3 Caterpie
3 Metapod
3 Butterfree
1 Horsea
1 Kingdra
Trainers:22