Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

So, old OU team that I figured I would try out again. Not much to say as I haven't used it in a very long time. Basically, this is all about switching into a type you're immune to, or resist. Everything has something that covers its weakness and can switch in to take that hit. Comments/suggestions would be nice. Just please keep in mind that 1. I haven't fully tested this team out again, I just stumbled on it when looking at my teams on PO, and 2. I like to play a more defensive game than have lots of sweepers.

I really like the premise. I think Starmie is a weak link for you; its poor defenses don't really give you much, its typing isn't great (and is a bit redundant with Jellicent), and it provides attacking options that are replicated elsewhere on the team.

I can understand the need for a Rapid Spinner; what comes to mind for a team like this is Claydol:

CLAYDOL @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
252 HP 252 Def 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+ Def, - Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

You could swap Ice Beam or Toxic for Rocks, if you wanted four-attacks Heatran. Claydol is immune to Electric and Ground, and I personally consider it to be one of the best spinners in the game (thanks to its virtual immunity to all entry hazards). You'll be leaning on Heatran and Jellicent a little more than you normally might, though, in order to take Bug-, Water- and Ice-type attacks.

Starmie always was one to be switched around, you found the weak link fast. :tongue: The triple ice weakness is a little worrisome, though. Maybe switch Sawsbuck out for something else, but what? Miltank is the only other Pokemon that gets Sap Sipper, other than Azumaril, and I'd want Huge Power if I used Azumaril... Basically, if I choose Claydol, what physical sweeper could replace Sawsbuck? Ice/Grass resist/immunity would be nice (as in, required. :tongue: )

SubToxic Azumarill with Sap Sipper is a thing, you know. Maybe not a GOOD thing... but a thing.

Bouffalant gets Sap Sipper, too. Its Speed leaves something to be desired even when Scarfed, but it's absurdly powerful with a Band, so it IS an option. It provides Normal/Bug coverage, like Sawsbuck, and has Wild Charge but that doesn't really make up for the loss of Jump Kick...

To be fair, you could just suffer through having no Grass immunity or resist. Grass is an awful offensive type, and the only major abusers of it in the game are Venusaur (walled by Heatran) and Celebi. Changing Shadow Ball to Signal Beam on Jolteon will destroy Celebi pretty quick.

I haven't played in so long. xD Is Ferrothorn no longer popular? I'll have to play around with this team.

Ferrothorn isn't as prevalent as it could be due to Genesect, but it's still horrifying in straight BW, so that's a valid point. I just have a hard time seeing it as an offensive threat. You have offensive Heatran, DD Salamence, and HP Fire Jolteon; I struggle to imagine Ferrothorn being a problem for you, haha.

Yeah, Sawsbuck just isn't pulling its weight... suggestions? Preferably something a little bulkier?

---------- Post added 09/14/2012 at 01:53 PM ----------

Ok, to summarize this more.

The main Pokemon I'm using are Claydol, Jellicent, Jolteon, Heatran. Sawsbuck and Salamence aren't doing much. They can get a good sweep off, but they're just too frail to switch in and take an attack.

Gliscor is a bulky flier that can switch in to take hits - as a replacement to Salamence. If you give it Poison Heal it's immune to Toxic, so that's a thing, but I'd run AcroBat on this team. Seriously, AcroBat is so stupidly powerful.

Reminder set:

GLISCOR @ Flying Gem
Ability: Poison Heal? (Sand Veil)
252 Atk 4 Def 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+ Atk, - SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Substitute

+2 Flying Gem Boosted Acrobatics does ridiculous amounts of damage. I mean RIDICULOUS amounts of damage. I have Acro swept before.

For Sawsbuck's position, you could do something zany like a Scarf Jirachi? That offers some good resistances to your team and still fills the revenge killer position. But personally I think Jolteon does the revenge killing just fine.

Ferrothorn's an option, too, but that quickly takes you down a stalling route.

Back