Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

California Tournaments & Major Tournaments?

Scizor

Hey guys i know i have repeatedly critized Nintendo for their lack of a tournament series so far, but i would still like to know some stuff about some of the tournaments held in California.....

I know you guys down in LA have them and i was wondering what kind of turnout you get for them. I know of a pre-release tourament down there coming up and was wondering when and where that exactly is and what the prize structure is like.

Also i know of some players up in San Jose and San Francisco and was wondering if there is ANY kind of tourament info around there. It is very difficult for me to find any competition or players for that matter around here and it doesn't help i live in between San Francisco and LA. Anyway any help is greatly appreciated and please don't give me some link to the DCI or something......

Scizor said:
...and please don't give me some link to the DCI or something......
Aww :(
Anyways, at the Tournaments we hold at our league we have about 14 people every week. 18 tops! In past SBZs, we had over 50 players. I'm not too sure how many went to the Past Prereleases but I'll find out next week when we attend the one in Costa Mesa.

Last edited:
Hey thanks for that info, but i was also wondering what is up with the pre-release in LA this weekend, i cant seem to find the page. And i am assuming there is no pre-release in Nor Cal is there? If the prizes are any good and a possible good turnout i may consider making the 4 hour trip down there :p

Oh... well, here you go.

http://members.cox.net/ptegames/pokemon/PokeDragon-LA.htm

All the info you need to know about the prerelease straight from the TO. And trust me, there will be a good turn out. It took us a while to figure out transportation for everyone at our league to make it and there will also be players from all over LA, San Diego, and Las Vegas that will show up.

Last edited:
GreatFox said:
Oh... well, here you go.

http://members.cox.net/ptegames/pokemon/PokeDragon-LA.htm

All the info you need to know about the prerelease straight from the TO. And trust me, there will be a good turn out. It took us a while to figure out transportation for everyone at our league to make it and there will also be players from all over LA, San Diego, and Las Vegas that will show up.

Hey thanks a lot for that info and i will try my best to make it to the event, as of right now it is 50/50.....

You're in luck! There's gonna be a tournament in Oakland this Sunday the 16th!! Check my signature for more info. :)

Keep an eye out for me, I'm gonna be working hard trying to get the San Francisco Bay Area up to shape... maybe even get the next EX prerelease tournament here as well ;)

Last edited:
Back