Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Call of Legends Leafeon Deck? Anyone tried this?

ShiningLion

I am working on building some tournament legal decks, not gonna buy the cards and put anything together until after Emerging Powers comes out, as I know that will change everything, but I came up with one combo that seems somewhat promising but might have a few flaws. I was wondering if anyone has tried a combo like this one and might be able to tell me whether this works well or not.

Also, this is my first post here so I may not understand your response if you abbreviate a lot of things. I'm new to this online community, so go easy on me! :redface:

Here's the pokemon I wanna use:

Leafeon :grass:
He'll be my main attacker with Miasma Wind which does 50 damage times the number of special conditions affecting the defending pokemon.

Roserade :grass:
Benched, will use its pokepower to inflict poison or confuse status on the defending pokemon by attaching a psychic or plant energy to it

Houndoon Prime :dark:
Also on the bench, will use his poke power to flip a coin each turn in attempt to inflict burn on the defending pokemon

All the pokemon in this deck are stage 1 and lower, so I'm hoping that will speed things up. With Leafeon capable of inflicting sleep, and the other two able to inflict other special conditions, I will attempt to hit hard with the conditions and then do Miasma Wind for 150 damage.

Some other pokemon I had considered as a backup option might be:

Espeon :psychic:
May switch well with Leafeon to heal him if he takes too much damage, using solar suggestion to move 4 damage counters off of leafeon and onto the opponent's pokemon

Celebi Prime :grass:
If active, could help me attach one more plant energy per turn with its pokepower, so using Roserade I could inflict poison and confuse on the same turn, then switch out Celebi with Leafeon to hit with Miasma Wind. Meanwhile Houndoon prime still has the chance of inflicting burn each turn.

That's the basic idea I had. Trainer cards aside, does anyone have any experience running these pokemon together? Or at least some advice on how well this might work out?

I feel like the potential weakness could be relying too heavily on miasma wind. If I don't get the other Pokemon set up, it may not hit for much damage at all, if any. Also, all the pokemon I'd be using have relatively low HP. Hmmm. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
If you attach rainbow energy to Roserade it counts as both Grass and Psyhic, enabling you to inflict two different conditions with the one energy!

Its a great deck idea in theory, and at least its cheaper deck to play than the top tier decks! Have fun with it

If you attach rainbow energy to Roserade it counts as both Grass and Psyhic, enabling you to inflict two different conditions with the one energy!

Its a great deck idea in theory, and at least its cheaper deck to play than the top tier decks! Have fun with it

This is great information. I didn't think about that! I love that rainbow energy idea!

What exactly is a top tier deck?

I believe Reshiram/Typhlosion, Magnezone/Emboar, Yanmega/anything are the top decks right now, there's plenty of info on them in this forum.

A top-tier deck is one that consistently places well at tournaments and is played by a large percentage of players (10% or so usually). It's proven itself multiple to be one of the most consistent, fast and/or powerful decks around. A group of top-tier decks compose the metagame, or a group of the most played decks. In masters, the metagame generally adds up to around 70% of the decks played while in Seniors it's less than half and Juniors really don't have a metagame.

Yanmega/Magnezone, Yanmega/Kingdra, Yanmega/Donphan/Zoroark and Reshiram/Typhlosion are currently considered to be among the Tier 1 (top tier) decks. Tier 2 (low tier) is currently Zekrom, Magnezone/Emboar and some other cards.

Also about the original post, Hypno from HGSS puts an opponent to sleep with a flip. Better than Houndoom imo.

Also about the original post, Hypno from HGSS puts an opponent to sleep with a flip. Better than Houndoom imo.

I did consider Hypno potentially. It would fit into the deck better being psychic, but in order to do 150 damage with Miasma Wind, at least one Pokemon would need to be able to burn, as you can only have 3 special conditions at one time, those being burned, poisoned, and one of the other three mutually exclusive ones (asleep, confused, paralyzed)

---------- Post added 08/02/2011 at 12:16 AM ----------

There's also a Torkoal that has a weird come-into-play burn power. I think it's in Undaunted.
Posted with Mobile style...

I looked at that one, but it comes down to a coin flip, unfortunately, so I felt Houndoom sitting there flipping once per turn would be better than Torkoal only getting to flip once on the turn it is played.

I use a deck simular to this

4-4 Leafeon (call for family eevee)
0-2 Espeon Prime (can use misma wind aswell great if u face fire decks or anything weak to psycic)
3-2 Roserade
2-2 Houndoom Prime
2-2 Muk (sludge drag up a high retreat cost pokemon and have poison and confuse ready for misma wind next turn)

Cards to include
4x rainbows as stated before to inflict 2 status at once
3x Seeker lets you pick up roserade also why I have 3-2 roserade have a roselia on the bench use seeker on roserade evolve roselia same turn and reuse your rainbows
3x revive to get your eevees back usualy loose at least one using call for family to set your bench up
3x switch your going to need these for muk his retreate is a pain but no where near as bad as what he causes your oponent he works so well in this deck

I currently play this deck, and I fell in love with how strong Leafeon can hit. 110 (including poison) is that magic number you need to hit for most metagame pokemon, and Soothing Scent is a perfect stall attack.

My set up is slightly different from the complete focus of Roserade/Leafeon.

I included a 3-3 Yanmega just for back up support.

I don't really run the Houndoom or Torkal Tech for extra status or damage, but I have been Considering a 1-1 Houndoom teach because it would be a one hit for pretty much every deck.

The tech I put in for my deck is 1 Unown Return. This guys helps so much getting back those rainbow energies from Roserade so you can lay them back down according to how you want to.

Biggest suggestion would be to run 2 energy exchanger. It is hard to get out those Rainbow Energies Consistently

The biggest problem this deck faces is that essentially, you need 2 energy a turn - 1 on Roserade, 1 on Leafeon. While there are ways around this, Leafeon having only 90 HP puts a big damper on the decks ability to take hits and thus you usually dont have time to charge up a Leafeon AND status the opponent, thus causing a loss in the price exchange. If you can get past that, then you're golden.

I've used this deck before and it works really great for me~

Some cards I highly recommend are:
Unown RETURN- Brings those energies attached to Roserade back to your hand so you can reattach a Rainbow and get another 2 status conditions on the defending Pokemon
Seeker- Brings your Unowns back to your hand so you can drop it and rinse/repeat with attaching Energy to Roserade for Energy Signal
Energy Exchanger- Trade in an energy you don't need at the moment for something like a Rainbow Energy for Roserade.
Potion- Mostly to heal off your Roserades from all those damage counters you're putting on them with the Rainbow Energy

I tried the deck before and after the rotation. If was good before the rotation because of Leafeon X and Magmortar. You could attack by turn one. Now the deck s too slow. at best you set up my turn 3. Ether you attach a energy to Leafeon or Roserade and when a leafeon is knocked out, it takes another 2 turns to get the combo working again. Houndoom does not give Leafeon enough damage to get a KO and everything in the format now kills it in one hit and with Catcher coming out, you'll never get it set up.

I'd hate to say it like that but Leafeon is not an option for this format, even in a League.

o.o what do you mean, at best by turn three? I've gotten set up by turn two several times which really isn't hard. Attack an energy to Eevee T1 and have Roselia on the bench, then next turn evolve Eevee and Roselia into Leafeon and Roserade respectively then attach a Rainbow energy to Roserade.

Most of the time I end up getting a fairly consistent 100 damage a turn which is never something to ignore since you're only attacking with a Pokemon with one energy attached.

Despite the coin flip, you may want to steer clear from fire types anyway. Just my opinion on Torkoal. You have a lot of type matching already as it is.

I feel that the Leafeon from Unleashed is far superior towards the Call of Legends Leafeon. Maybe play it 2-2 UL-CoL?

Yanmega/Magnezone, Yanmega/Kingdra, Yanmega/Donphan/Zoroark and Reshiram/Typhlosion are currently considered to be among the Tier 1 (top tier) decks. Tier 2 (low tier) is currently Zekrom, Magnezone/Emboar and some other cards..

Yea, I guess Zekrom is a T2 deck....cause it didnt win Canada or Mexico Nats....Just Saying...

Last edited:
Back