Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Call of Legends: Not HS5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystery Thing

Administrator
Saw this today, thought it was interesting...

On Pokemon.com, the page for Triumphant is ...trading-cards/hgss-series/hgss4/, but the Call of Legends one is at ...trading-cards/col_series/col1/.

An oopsie by the web team? Or is Call of Legends not going to be considered a part of the HGSS block?

I guess not. I just found it interesting; it seems to me to be a weird place to start a new block (since it'll presumably only last one set).

just throwing an idea out, but maybe TPCi is thinking of starting a new "Collection Series" where every 4-5 sets, we will get some reprints. This would perhaps make it easier for them to control when and how we get the japanese sets.

Not trying to be a jerk or anything, but does this really matter?

This actually is a huge thing for at least speculation. Not being tied to HG/SS block means that reprints such as Roseanne's, Night Maintenance, Multi energy and in a much happier universe far far away, Claydol reprints are all much more plausible. Only time will tell if this ends up having bearing, but being free from a 4 slate reprint block is fantastic news for this set.

It is not HGSS5, it is CoL1. Heck, read the description for the new series (yes, new series):

"The Pokémon TCG Call of Legends series features incredible cards to collect and play. Look for many Legendary Pokémon that will help guide you to victory!"

Also, both Houndoom and Hitmonlee are reprints with new art; Ho-Oh and Lugia are Japanese promos, and Lucario and Tangrowth are from Lost Link.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back