Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Camerupt: Delta Protection

Orange Soda

Didn't see any discussion of this.

Poke-BODY: Delta Protection
Any damage done to Camerupt by attacks from your opponent's Pokemon that has d on its card is reduced by 40 (after applying Weakness and Resistance)

CG Camerupt is not a d Pokemon, however it does have d on it's card (in the BODY text, obviously). So would damage from a CG Camerupt to a CG Camerupt be reduced by 40? Same goes for any other effects that refer to Pokemon "with d on its card." My guess is no, based on the Apricorn Maker/Balloon Berry ruling, but I wonder if anyone else thinks differently.

== APRICORN MAKER (Skyridge)

Q. Can Apricorn Maker be used to search for the Trainer "Balloon Berry"? Taking the card literally, *BALL*oon Berry contains the exact same "Ball" as given on Apricorn Maker.
A. Of course not, don't be silly! You can only search for cards like Poké Ball, Fast Ball, Master Ball, etc. Nice try, slick... (Nov 13, 2003 PUI Rules Team)

Yeah, most likely not.

And I as long as we are talking about Camerupt, I don't think it will see that much play unless delta decks just rule the format.

I've been wondering this myself ever since the Delta Species Pokemon came out. I can see both sides, but I'm not entirely sure about either.

If this was the case, couldn't you also use delta rainbow energy on camerupt, since the specification for delta rainbow is "if the Pokemon has d on its card"?

Back