Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Can Aquapolis scizor's snatch go threw promo mew#47 Neutral shield?

MetaGrossEX

Ok this is what happen today against one of my friends he had a scizor (Aquapolis) active against my mew(promo#47) on his next turn he wanted to snatch in my cleffa.Mew's power say PREVENTS ALL EFFECTS OF ATTACKS,INCLUDING DAMAGE DONE TO MEW since he is attacking mew not the benched cleffa wouldn't its power come into effect and stop his attack preventing sicizor from using the attack to snatch in cleffa?

From the old Compendium:
== NEUTRAL SHIELD (Mew - Promo)

Q. If Promo Mew [Lv. 8 with "Neutral Shield" power, aka "Lily Pad Mew"] is the Active Pokemon, can Dark Gengar's "Pull In" attack be used?
A. Dark Gengar's Pull In effect CANNOT be used if promo Mew is the Active Pokemon [ed note: nor can this Promo Mew be 'pulled in' to the active position from the bench], or if the LVL 33 Suicune is the Active Pokemon (and their Pokemon Powers are functioning), or if the Defending Pokemon has an Agility effect on it. Switching a Pokemon up from the Bench with the Active Pokemon is considered "affecting" the Active Pokemon, and in these cases, this is prevented. (Sep 5, 2002 WotC Chat, Q247; Sep 16, 2002 WotC Rules Team Update, Item 1)
The same would apply for Aquapolis Scizor's "Snatch" too.

Hope this helps,
- CHRISBO, Team Compendium

Back