Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Can I report even though I lost? 24th Place at CA Regionals

HyperMetal

Hey guys. I ran Shaymin =o

I know my record isn't exactly a shining one but I thought people might be interested in finding out what exactly happened to Shaymin (especially those who I opposed at Regionals). I think I could have made Top 16 if I had pulled the win in that last match, but alas, I lost =\. But if you still care enough to read, you can proceed to the report below.

btw, All credit goes to Poteet24 for the original deck idea, I have no intentions whatsoever to claim this deck as my original creation. Sorry if I didn't do you proud man, but thank you for the list all the same =O. Thanks also to SuicidalPikachu for his input in specific. And Jesus. Cuz He's cool :thumb:

My List:
Pokemon 17
1x Shaymin lvl X (Land forme)
3x Shaymin (Sky forme)
2x Claydol
2x Baltoy
1x Bronzong SF
1x Bronzor MD
2x Crobat G
2x Unown G
1x Uxie
1x Azelf
1x Plusle

Trainers 26
4x Roseanne's Research
3x Bebe's Search
3x Cyrus's Conspiracy
4x Premier Ball
1x Luxury Ball
4x Poketurn
2x Warp Point
1x Pokemon Rescue
2x Night Maintenance
2x Snowpoint Temple

Energy 17
1x Psychic
16x Grass

R1: Caitlyn - Torterra Sceptile

I started the game with a Shaymin and a Baltoy. A relatively nice start. I Growth, and on my second turn I get Shaymin lvl X. She then gets out Torterra the following turn and obliterates my Shaymin lvl X. I had to sacrifice a lot of pokemon trying to manually power up another Shaymin before I could counterattack. By the time she got down to 2 Prizes I sent out a new X with the help of Premier Ball and Seed Flare sweep through Torterra and Sceptile. Then she kills my Shaymin X again with Torterra lvl X. I had another Shaymin so I premiered up a new one and swept through the X and another Torterra which Earthquaked me for 60 and her bench for 10. Since she only had one prize left I was really scared but then she knocked out my Snowpoint Temple with Dawn Stadium leaving her Treecko completely snipable by my Crobat G's and Poketurns. I Seed flared one more pokemon for the win. gg =x

1-0

R2: Dennis - Kingdra variant

They have an Uxie start, so I end up warping it out and start attacking his Seadras. I get out the lvl X and Kingdra can't kill me thanks to my resistance. He draws enough cards to stall for a while but after I killed 2 of his Kingdras he couldn't really make a come back. gg =s.

2-0

R3: Glenn - Dialga G

He started with Dialga G and Uxie and Azelf. He hardly had any G's in the beginning so I was safe from any potential power sprays. I set myself up intending to sweep through his guys by having a backup Shaymin that I kept seed flaring to. I used Bronzong to kill a pixie to ensure Shaymin's survival which was fun. I don't think he realized that if he had used Deafen at certain moments rather than another attack he could've stopped my premier ball and killed me later =x. It was a close game. gg =\

3-0

R4: Gabriel - Dialga G

He starts with Dialga and I think I had a not so happy start. I Roseanne'd for Crobat G because I was afraid of getting poisoned by his Skuntank. He quickly stops Deafeaning me for Second Strike but I got a second Crobat G and kept Poketurning/retreating to stall for like 6 turns. I also had to sacrifice an Uxie =\. I finally draw Claydol, but by then he had 4 power sprays so I stalled 4 more turns and was basically down 4 prizes. I finally use cosmic power and send up Shaymin X to kill his Dialga G which I could've done at the very beginning, but he searched for a Houndoom G early on because he knew I attacked with Shaymin. I kill his Dialga, he kills me. I lose. Sorry I stalled so long for nothing dude. gg >.<

3-1

R5: David - Regigigas/Dialga/Palkia(?)

I Azelf start and he's got Regigigas. He warps up my Baltoy and "kills it", but we forgot about Snowpoint Temple being in play. We got judge pwned for that x__x;. I was really banking on him killing my Azelf because I needed to get Shaymin X from my prizes so I have to send it up to get killed again. He Giga Blasters it along with my Pokemon Rescue from my hand. I tell him I lost and want to go cry in a corner, but we kept playing. I did my usual stalling and eventually I pull a night maintenance and a roseanne's. I end up getting Shaymin after all, OHKO his Regigigas lvl X, and Dialga G lvl X and then it was pretty much game. gg? =o

4-1

R6: Gilbert - Kingdra

It was cool because when I played him, his two sons were both sitting to the left of him so it was like cool. Okay anyway, he Uxie starts and I Shaymin start. I get out a quick Shaymin lvl X and kill Uxie. He plays a bunch of poketurns on his Crobat and sets my Baltoy in sniping range but I could tell from his hand he couldn't kill it with Kingdra because his hand was too small. I guess he just had a bad draw or something. I poketurned his Kingdra for 30 damage, swept it, swept another, then finished the game. Looking back, he might've been able to kill me if he had Flash Bitten Shaymin instead <.<" Better luck next time D=

5-1

R7: Aw man, I'm sorry I forgot your name! DX - Gengar Machamp

I start with Shaymin, and I remember playing a Snowpoint temple. On his turn he knocked it out with BTS, sets up a Gengar and 2 Claydols, gets out a Machamp the following turn and basically obliterates the heck outta me. I had Unown G on 1 Claydol and Shaymin, but I had Cosmic Powered 2 extra Night Maintenances into my hand. He saw my 2 NM and Bebe's and Poltergeist'd Shaymin. Later on he also Pokeblower +'d my Crobat G with 5 energy on it and took it out with Machamp. I lose. So much. gg T_T

5-2

R8: Rein - Porygon Z

I had a small hand in the beginning and I really needed an Uxie so I roseanne's to find that my 1 Uxie was prized. I got Azelf and Time Walked to get Uxie, but was distressed to find that Shaymin X was also prized. I sacrificed some pokemon including Azelf so I could Time Walk again and I knocked out his Z lvl X. He had moved his tools to Weavile though and sent out Uxie lvl X as bait. I took the bait thinking that he couldn't one shot me next turn. He burned through most of his turn but on his final draw he got the one extra TM that he needed to blow me up. I was really trying to get another Shaymin benched, but one was prized and I couldn't grab another. I had no backups and succumed to defeat afterwards. I really wish that match had turned out differently. But no johns, he won fair and square. gg

5-3

After not making Top 16 I proceed to play Minesweeper and then watch my friend win 1st place. Congratulations to him again =p.

Props:
-Poteet24, SuicidalPikachu, and Jesus again :smile:
-paper airplane contests
-Pokemon Tournaments on boats
-Water Resistance -20
-friends winning *cough*yellowlob*cough*
-Booster Draft during the car ride home

Slops:
-stalling just to die
-getting 2 cautions <<"
-Prize/Azelf ownage
-vietgamer1021 not making top 16 as one of the 6-2's D=
-lack of SSBM and missing the Triweekly

Last edited:
Good job man
This is Glenn
I thought about the loss and yea your right i should of deafened. I didn't really think about premiere ball but I should of.
one shotting everything was brutal

Holy cow I love the fact that someone played this deck, and almost top-cutted. You are my hero, thanks for not letting it get owned in the face, cause that's probably what would have happened had I played it haha.

You were the talk of the tournament, that's for sure. I made sure to watch all your games when mine finished.
Great job!!

good job jason. when kevin said you wanted my landmin lvX i was o_O

listening to you guys draft in the dark during the ride back was hilarious :p

'mom

Good job there. Outside the box decks are always more exciting to me. Bravo! : )

Drafting in the dark? That sounds like it was plain crazy, yet fun.

'dark' meaning, the ambient light from the street/highway lights, headlights, and i think someone had their DS on as well...:D

'mom

I figured that is what you meant. I can picture at least one DS on to provide the light. Just glad it had enough power to last that drive home. ; )

haha thank you for the friendly comments everyone! thanks for being cool and helping make it a fun tournament =] and sorry if any of those OHKO's got a little on the harsh side.. ^^;;

drafting in the dark is definitely gonna be memorable. I built my deck already, I just need to start playing the guys now.

there's a Shaymin Energy Blow in it =P

drafting in the dark is definitely gonna be memorable. I built my deck already, I just need to start playing the guys now.

there's a Shaymin Energy Blow in it =P

It's hard to build a draft deck by the light of a DS, but I suppose it's harder to build it by passing streetlight manifestos and such.

I cry at your shaymin, for it laughs at my dugtrio line. ;_;

*takes out jirachi for weavile*

Back