Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Canadian Natinals

sdrawkcab

Forum Moderator
ok, so the american one is all up and posted but for us canadians, we don't know squat about ours, sept that it's in ontario (lucky!!!) (grrr) i need to know where and when by the 15th, because there is currently a set sale untill then.
thanks for ur help
-Mikey

Well, as far as i know, it will probably be located the same place as our Provincials are being held. Didn't they give any information at your Provincials?

it's hard to give details when nobody has a clue where or when it is, other than somewhere in ontario and probably in june...

Well my guess is its going to be in Barrie. So thats like Northern/Central Ontario, and thats far from where i live, and i live right beside Toronto. Then again, your never know. They might just have it in some unknown place. I'm going even if i dont win :p.

well we have 42 active players in alberta for our provincals....how many was there in ontario's? isn't barrie only an hour from toronto? lol we went down to calgary (4 hours) for the city championships....i didn't even win the provincals but i'm still considering going down to toronto or barrie..i just need to know by the 15th, cause thats when the seat sale ends :(

Those interested in going might want to consider having time open somewhere near the second Saturday of July. From what I've heard through the grapevine, this is a probable date, but as of this time, I don't have the exact date. One thing I know for certain is that it is not .... I repeat, not being held in Barrie. My guess is that it will be held in the Toronto area. That makes a bit of sense due to having an international airport in the city. Barrie only has a regional airport. But if you decide to come up here to Barrie, which is indeed only about 45-60 minute drive depending upon your location in Toronto, and traffic patterns, you will be welcomed by any and all members of our gym not attending the big event. I'll of course give you directions if you'd like. J/K.

EDIT: Ontario Provincials are in Barrie on March 19th. Come out and play in our's then if you like. I expect we'll have 70 or more people just from the Toronto/Barrie area. I'll be judging, so I wish you all good luck, good decks, and a good time.

Last edited:
No Barrie eh? Maybe in Scarborough. Theres only 3 places in Ontario that actually has tournaments: Mississauga, Scarborough, Barrie. I doubt it'll be in Mississauga since our playroom only sits about 30-40 people. However, it may be placed in some random area :/

pichaque said:
No Barrie eh? Maybe in Scarborough. Theres only 3 places in Ontario that actually has tournaments: Mississauga, Scarborough, Barrie. I doubt it'll be in Mississauga since our playroom only sits about 30-40 people. However, it may be placed in some random area :/

Ooops, you forgot Oshawa, so I guess there are 4. Mind you, that store wouldn't be able to accomodate very many players. For those interested, Mississauga and Scarborough are sort of the 'burbs of Toronto. Oshawa is east of Toronto about 15-20 minutes, and Barrie is north of Toronto.

why wouldn't they just host it in toronto? wouln't that be alot easyier for the most of us...?
lol why don't they just host at west edmonton mall, cause after all it IS the biggest mall in the world, with an internation airport bout 20 min away, a great hotel, and huge cofrence rooms...heck it would even be great for the worlds, that is, if we had more players.
www.op.pokemon-tcg.com has information on the natinals...but it dosn't specifiy the location or the date....

I used to live right near that bridge (on the Canadian side of course), and it would take 3 - 3 1/2 hours depending upon your speed and traffic conditions to get to Toronto. So figure on at least that. Pit/rest stops will obviously add to that. Where it may be in Toronto is anyone's guess at this point, so adding a 1/2 hour to find it on top of that would be wise. When I have that info, I will be able to help you to find it from there. As you get closer to Toronto you can tune your radio to 680 News and get traffic reports every 10 minutes. Listen to it for sure if you are close on time, taking special note and attention to reports mentioning the 401.

It would be cool if it twas held in toronto, if anything it should be held at a hotel in downtown*cough* Le Royal Meridien Toronto *cough*.

Last edited:
Okay i really think it should be held in toronto cause of the following reasons:
1. Close to the airport(nobody wants to take a taxi ride for like $100+...)
2. Many hotels/convention centres
3. has many attaractions(for everyone CN tower etc.)

Places where it can be held
Hotels
Conventions Centres
and fianlly Air Canada centre

Last edited:
sdrawkcab said:
well we have 42 active players in alberta for our provincals....how many was there in ontario's? isn't barrie only an hour from toronto? lol we went down to calgary (4 hours) for the city championships....i didn't even win the provincals but i'm still considering going down to toronto or barrie..i just need to know by the 15th, cause thats when the seat sale ends :(

Hope you weren't going by Jetsgo! LOL

I know a hotel in Toronto that can sit 4-400 people in a ballroom is that good enough?

Last edited:
Pokekid: wherever it's going to be, and whenever it's going to happen, a PTO has already scouted out a location and date, with a time frame already suggested by POP. We can suggest all we want, as to where we'd like it, but we'll just have to wait to see where POP agrees to hold it. The PTO who was in charge of setting this up doesn't even come to this board (to my knowledge). Just have a bit more patience and all will be revealed, either on the POP tournament locator, or on another site that I'm watching.

pichaque said:

Maybe you should check your facts or just not make definative statements in the future.
Fact: Unless Barrie started at the same time, Hamilton has the longest running Pokemon league in Ontario at more than 7 years. It is every tuesday from about 3-9 and has 20-30 regulars. They have month end tourneys, and I can tell you this because I played in several in 2004.

they are Comic Connection, 895 King st. W. Hamilton Ontario

www.comicconnection.ca

maybe I should make more posts in the future :biggrin:

Back