Canadian T8, Pokekid not going to worlds, report

Pokekid

Ugh long tough day.
Alright so I am playing destiny
Kant is playing INfernape
Gordon playing Gor-gon
Kevin MEtalix
Mike Infernape

I meet up and we wait for ever and we start to play.

Round One Flygon ex varient
THis is a long game. I dont get jirachi ex and i cant shut him down, but I am able to pull it off with eggs.
1-0

Round Two: Absolutions
THis game goes back and forth. were down to 1-1 prizes. I have eggs+cess crystal. She Warp point, my cessation effect goes away and kill my ray ex with 60 with a ray d ex she layed down =(
1-1

Round 3: Random. dec
What can i say its random. No contest I wipe the floor of him.
2-1

Round 4: Ariados/Dragonite ex
I thought it was flaraiados at first. I didnt watch my prize count. I thought i had it. She plus powerss me and KO's my mew ex :X
2-2

Alright so now I have to win the next three. Let pulls a jimmy ballard(if im correct he was 2-2 @ worlds at one point)

Round 5: Eveetron
Lol this guy is funny. His name is Coleman Fung. Hes a loud type of guy. So I completly take care of him left from right he cant do anything>
*Aftermath with Coleman*
So he throws his deck at the wall, kids start making fun of him, almost punches a kid, i think judge came in time, he gets DQ'ed rofl Oh and lots of swearing.
3-2

Round 6: Shiftry/Gengar
Ugh tough match. I finally get around him I play WP down hes about to send out shiftry ex with 100 on it. I say do u really want to do that? Hes like no and sends out mew ex. I send out jirachi ex ftw. rofl
4-2

Round 7: Meganium ex/Tortela(lvl x also)/pinsir
He starts with pinsir, and i start with my basics. So he eventually by t3 evos into Meg ex. I WP cess to eggs and i keep Split bombing. He cant win, i finish off with latios*
5-2

DOES IT!!!! I pulled a jimmy ballard. Mike couldnt pull off a kettler =( 4-3 overrall record. Mike what happened =( I still havent beat you yet :lol: No to be an a s s or anything but Im still better than yah :p

Top 16: Absolutions(the round 2 BF or brother)
Round 1:
I dont get anything I scoop to save time
0-1
Round 2:
He doesnt get anythign he scoops to save time
1-1
Round 3:
OMG this is like THE TOUGHEST MATCH EVER. So this is it. 30 damage on his ray d ex. I have 50 damage on my ray d ex. I have 2 prizes left, he has one. I play down multi+str charm GGGGGG!!!

Phew now ot top 8
KANT *** WHY DO I HAVE TO PLAY HIM...............
Top 8: Infernape(lafonte stylez)
Round 1: All i remeber is being down 1-6 prizes
I won will split bomb <3333
1-0
Round 2: This was a close match. I almost win, but he got set up with like xX amoutn of cards in his hand. DRE's me ftl
Round 3: Yah.... 3 mulligans absol start gg man
PWN WORLDS MAN i believe in you. Atleast i didnt lose to a randie. A very good defeat bro.

Well yup I leave get my box havent opened it yet, pretty down but oh well. I just got a bad hand, i probabaly coulve won with a descent start. GL to Gordon and kant

I left @ t4
Random person
Gordon
Kant
Random

So i do not know results yet =(

Hey Seb, sorry about being a jerk to yeah after regionals, not sure what I was smokin' :p
Anyways, good job at placing higher then me for the third straight year, what can I say, Toronto just isn't my lucky spot.

If you want to know what happend, 0-2 lost to Ted (Electranite from BC) who was very poilite and good player. I made the misplay (on no sleep) by taking out the first prize, completly forgeting that unlike Metanite, he can abuse Scramble :( Either way we exchange kos until we're down to 1-1 at which point he has two dragonites and a lugia ready to go. GG

Round 2 Mystery Thing playing Fly-tions Our last two games on apprentice we're split one a piece with both games finishing by two turn.
After joking about it and seeing he has a lone basic I start with Chim setting up the t1 donk. He goes first starting with a lone Chimeco and passes...and I wiff on top drawing into infernape. The game goes down two 2-2 at which point neither of us has much of anything left. He has an active flygon ex with a bunch of damage and a couple things on the bench and I have a Infernape active Delcatty and Char on the bench. Had he finished his turn before time was up I could have drawen into Rare Candy for the ko one flygon ex, but he leagally stalls for the win on time.
0-2
I proceed to win rounds 3, 4, 5 and 6 . 3/4 of the four games were won on the first or second turn. I had enough SOTG to play a rematch and win anyways.

Round 7 needing the win to make top cut (again)
Last year I won the last round to put me at 4-2, and ended up 17th seed missing top cut, so I was erie of the same happening again.
Anyways I'm up against Daryl K ( top4 last year) playing Scizor ex. As soon as I see the Scyther I'm thinking Autowin this couldn't be any better.
but I start with a lone skitty. I go second, wiff on tail wip and he t2 with PETM and boost :(
He wouldn't even replay me for SOTG tisktisk.

So yeah, thats irony for yeah....for me.....:(

Anyways congrats and good luck next year :)

Yo, I've seen that Coleman dude.

I played vs. him at a prerelease up in Barrie.

(eh... my only loss on the day...)

Good job getting to the T8!

Back