Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Card Database to download so I can keep track of what I have?

Staf

It would be so much easier if someone has created a database or a spreadsheet with all the cards that I can just input what I have into instead of having to dig through binders to see if I have a card or not. Has anybody created something like that they're willing to put up for download?

I have thought of seeing if someone has made a program like this to keep track of your entire collection. Then I realized you can use a Redshark deck file to store a list and number of copies of every card you own.

It would be so much easier if someone has created a database or a spreadsheet with all the cards that I can just input what I have into instead of having to dig through binders to see if I have a card or not. Has anybody created something like that they're willing to put up for download?

You can do it in Excel by adding pictures to your spreadsheet of cards you own:thumb:

I'd be nice if there was already one created somewhere but, to paraphrase what they say, if you want something done, you have to do it yourself.:biggrin:

Here's a link I found:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,1474493,00.asp

It looks like adding the name of the card, how many you have of said card, move set and then importing the card image into the appropriate slot. Excel can alphabetize it for you once you've entered in the card names or put it in numerical order depending on your preference.

Pokepedia?

I know once upon a time that
Pokepedia offered an Excel download option - is that gone?

<edit>Still there - visit pokepedia.net and look for the last link in the left side 'navigation'. Sort the list by Set Number & Number to get a chronological listing. Copy columns B - E into a blank spreadsheet, and add columns as needed to keep track of haves, wants, etc.</edit>

Last edited:
Though I have yet to actually do it, I've always thought that storing your collection as Redshark decks would be an easy way to maintain and exchange information about what you have.

Impractical because Redshark Decks are not searchable.
In what respect? They're already in order (divided by P/T/E, then sorted alphabetically), and if you want to search by a different metric, then you can just dump the list into Notepad.

i have a current list of all singleton cards. But my list does not contain duplicates.

Base 2, Legendary Collection, reprints are not in it. If you would like, ship me a pm and ill send it to ya!

~Duke

I want to create a program to do this, but I am having trouble finding all the right images. I need images from all the old sets as well, but is proving nearly impossible as I am looking for images without watermarks. :/

I want to create a program to do this, but I am having trouble finding all the right images. I need images from all the old sets as well, but is proving nearly impossible as I am looking for images without watermarks. :/

Use the Watermarked ones for now and swap the images out as new ones are acquired ... ?

http://go-pokemon.com/ has a card list for all sets with checkboxes and 2 columns, holo and non-holo. You can print out copies of those to use. A spreadsheet or program would be a lot easier, of course. But that can be a starting point for you to create a spreadsheet, perhaps. As far as images, not sure on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Impractical because Redshark Decks are not searchable.
You don't need more than one deck file for a database of your card. The deck files you create are not capped at sixty cards, it allows you to have as many cards as you want. You can name it "carddatabase.dek" or something.

I found something, but it's going to require some updates. It was originally posted by mysterioustrainer, but I lost the link of where it was and can't find it again. It had everything up to EX Magma vs. Aqua. I've started updating it. I've got all the DP and a few sets before it. It keeps track of what each card is worth, how many cards you have, and the total amount of all the cards. It current doesn't do the worth part for this sample because I've been pulling everything from the Pokegym's Price Guide. It does keep track of how many cards you have and you can input whether it's a RH or now.

Here's a sample that I put together until I've got the whole thing finished. It's Legends Awakened. If you have any suggestions for more info, tell me before I go about finishing the whole thing. Currently I have Base Set - Magma and Holon Phantoms - Stormfront + Promos, reprints, POP, and other (Jumbo Pikachu, etc). :smile:

http://www.blueblur.org/files/Pokemon%20TCG%20Checklist%20Sample.xls

Back