Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Card Draw/Search

sixquack

I mistakenly posted this in the deck section. My apologies... so I will try again here.

The kids and I went to Origins in July and had a lot of fun. However, we discovered our decks were lacking card draw. I might have 3 cards in my hand, while my opponents had half their deck in their hand. We hunted down some TV Reporters and Bill's Maintenance. These should help. I played against someone who was using a poke power to discard an energy and then draw some cards, but I don't remember which Pokemon that was...

So we are looking for card drawing power... that will be legal at Origins next year.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

The pokemon that they used was Delcatty RS (reprinted in PK)
For draw cards steven's advice is good especially if you find yourself having lower than 6 cards in your hand alot.

Steven's Advice
TV Reporter
Copycat
Professor Oak's Research
Team G. Wager (<-If you are good at RPS)
Proffesor Rowan

^Draw power

Also in addition to trainers, some pokemon let you draw cards
Electabuzz d-1 per turn from bottom (When evolved from Elkid)
Delcatty- Discard an energy, draw 3 cards. Hence the power is named- Energy Draw
Holon Castform- 1 card for each d Pokemon you have in play when you attack with him (Only for delta decks)

Lickitung d DF
Chimecho MT (with a chingling underneath)
Professor Cozmo's Discovery
Holon Adventurer
Island Hermit

Sorry if this is off topic, but this should be a sticky.

Celios Network + Delcatty PK, I also really like Prof. Rowan w/ Delcatty. Giving your self a 7 card hand guaranteed if you can pull the nrg, including one card of your choice, its really neat. Generic draw power, I like a variety run w/ Castaway, so you can play to the situation. TVR, Steven's Advice, Copycat are my favorites.

Speed Stadium should never be played ever. Its terrible. Flip nothing..oops and its not like counter stadiums are needed w/ Windstorm preferable.

Speed stadium isn't great, but you can draw with it so I pointed it out. Once my opponent played it and i drew 6 cards , then the turn after 8 cards. that was amazing.

Elctabuzz is very useful, next to Delcatty IMO

The reason being that you can mentor for the baby AND the basic. Turn 1 or 2 draw (if you go second). Although it just one card, so it depends what you combo it with it.

Although Delcatty is still better, power wise

I'm bad with die rolls / flipping coins. I tried Speed Stadium (in July it was about the only card draw card I had available). In actual play... my opponents probably out drew 3 to 1... with my STADIUM!

I tend to avoid putting cards in my deck the require ME to get lucky with a die roll.

The Pokedex from Diamond and Pearl works surprisingly well for me. Granted, you only get to nab one of the top two cards of your deck, but it's a regular Trainer, so you can use that AND a Supporter or whatever.

Hey, I like it. lol

Back