Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

CC - Cumbernauld, Scotland

GingerChris

Haha so yeah, found out about this city like mid week. In my area too haha so I decided to rush together some cards, a few mates said they go so we did some rushed deck testing and all decided upon what we'd play thusday night.

Saturday morning its like half 2 and i'm like "better get some snooze time as i need to get up at 9" but noooo I get a phone call at 8 instead with the response :wake up, we're outside" so i'm like yawn and get ready quickly pick up my stuff.

We head out, jump into tesco and grab a few things, I expected it to be further away that it actually was. Turned out to be like 5 mins from tesco...

So we get there, its a small venue, its a church and smells of deceased people, or what I presumed to be deceased people. At this point i'm like 'SoI have 2 decks, one needs Expert Belts and the other is a janky Deoxys beatdown peice of rubbish'. I ask around and find no one has them, i' forced to buy a few packs in hopes I pull at least one, one is doable. I get none then someone goes "Hay I have some!" i'm all SIGH and end up buying 2 for a pound each.

So as a result I complete my deck and proceed to play Shuppet Donk. The tournament is small really small, like 11/13 players or so, thus 3 rounds.

-----

Round 1 - Me (ShuppetDonk) vz Chris Sullivan (MightyTank)

Game 1 - I open with an Unown G as my only basic and end up drawing dead. So much for a good start :/
Game 2 - Things are better, going second! The guy starts with only a sableye and nothing else. I draw draw draw lots and donk it easily.
Game 3 - This one actually takes about 15 mins, but his mightyena can't do diddly squat to my Mr.Mime+Unown G and I eventually start donk parading him and winning.

-----

Round 2 - Me (ShuppetDonk) vs Matt Deakin (Gengar/Champ)

Game 1 - He starts with a Ghastly and locks me for a bit but makes the bad choice of evolving before being fully set up and I start to donk him over and over with Mr.Mime walling everything.
Game 2 - Same thing this time but I get to go first and have the major advantage just smacking him about pulling his possible threats to the front line using Warp Point and Blowers.

-----

Round 3 - Me (ShuppetDonk) vs Chris Parkinson (Scizor/Cherrim)

Game 1 - This was prob the hardest game of the day as Scizor can be really hard to kill when its on 120hp with its pokebody active, tho in the lng run it payed off thanks to his expert belt and I eventually gained control after a few much needed sacrifices.
Game 2 - This game is stupid... he has to mulligan to the point I have 12 cards in my hand before turn or prizes. I have major advantage and just win outright from there. Wasn't a fair game I felt.

-----

So in the end, I went 3-0 in a small tournie winning half a box of boosters and a random pokemon mat. Woopee?

Felt weird as I had to play two of my mates so it wasn't much different from deck testing bar I get ranking points haha.

This is the list I took forward:

[3] Shuppet
[2] Uxie
[3] Crobat G
[2] Skuntank G
[2] Unown G
[2] Mr.Mime
[1] Claydol
[1] Baltoy
-16-
[3] Roseanne's Research
[2] Bebe's Search
-5-
[2] Moonlight Stadium
-2-
[4] Plus Power
[4] Pokedex Handy910is
[4] Poke Blower +
[4] Poke Drawer +
[4] Super Scoop Up
[3] Poketurn
[3] Warp Point
[2] Expert Belt
[2] Dusk Ball
[2] Pokemon Rescue
[1] Luxury Ball
-33-
[4] Psychic Energy
-4-

Comments: The 1-1 Claydol addition was really weird but worked out nicely. It allowed me to to turn bad hands into playable hands really easily. Skuntanks allowed me to cap at a 100 damage output which was insane and worked really well in conjunction with moonlight.

Moonlight Stadium is awesome, originally I played Unown Q for t retreat on Mr.Mime but I found that Mr.Mime and Unown G was much more desired and Moonlight Stadium helped me to switch back and forth for easily donking.

Dusk Balls should have been Great Balls, we tried it on the basis of using Claydol. Was a poor choice but ah well, I know now.

I played 4 Psychic Energies for the fact we realised if I play against a Mr.Mime+Unown G I can't do jack, as i'd need all 3 energies that were originally in the deck and it was dangerous as if even one of those was prized, I could be screwed.

So on the whole, I was happy with the deck, love it even more and its time now to access the realms of foil.

good god our leauge got pwned :I ill be there next time :D is there a leauge in paisley now and if so how many people attend?

We do have a league in Paisley University on thursdays from 6pm onwards. But we don't have a fully qualified judge so no sanctioned tournements at the moment. Mainly just used for deck testing and such.

well you should keep coming along to the leauge from the report you and your friends decks are good and david would usually take a very good deck but he prefers playing some interesting rogues i on the other hand play luxchomp or glisctomb

We plan on coming to the draft when the league starts up, but it will most likely be a monthly appearence due to distance and schedule.

^ Yeah, please bear in mind I built that Ninjask deck at 7:30 in the morning in about 5 minutes and did 1 test lol. I'm considering maybe coming to the Paisley league once or twice a month on top of the Cumbernauld league, but I don't get back from school until like 6 so I don't know. Nice to see some guys from out of town at the league though :smile:.

We discovered the league existed like tuesday xD It was an interesting find. Hopefully we as two groups can build up relations for when Nationals comes about.

If either of you frequent MSN, PM me your details and stuff.

Back