Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Celio's Network vs. PETM

Usually my rule of thumb is that if I have a deck that runs Ex Evolutions, I'd run PETM instead of Celio's. But in a deck with no Ex's, I'd of course run Celio's. But what about a deck that only has one Ex? A friend of mine has built a deck based around Typhlosion (fire one, not Delta). He currently only has 2 Typhlosions in it, no Ex's, and runs Celio's. However, he's getting a Typhlosion ex instead of a 3rd regular Typhlosion. Should he keep the Celio's or switch to PETM? Celio's is the only thing besides Masterball that he has that can search out Evolutions, though he's also running Lanette's Net Search to search out Basics.

It largely depends on how necessary the Typhlosion ex is to the deck.

If it's just a tech line for fun and profit, stick with Celio.

If it's a huge asset and necessary for certain matchups, go with PETM and add a secondary pokemon fisher - either Master Ball, Great Ball, or Dual Ball.

When I have ex's and normal pokemon in a deck, I usually do a 3/2 split. More of whichever one depeding on whether the ex's are more important that the normal pokes.

if your playing STRICTLY ex evos in the deck then choose PETM. But if you DO NOT have any ex pokemon in the deck then choose celios network.

Well, I certianly disagree with almost all of the statements here, it isnt what you have in the deck, it is how each work with the deck. I played Elm in My BLS and it was mediocre, as soon I changed to celio's the deck was instantly better, what really matters is if you have a pokemon that can help you get stuff (Magcargo) then the choice IMO should be celio's for the above Typlo Deck since Celio's would be superior in this situation,
JMO,
Drew

TheDarkTwins said:
Well, I certianly disagree with almost all of the statements here, it isnt what you have in the deck, it is how each work with the deck. I played Elm in My BLS and it was mediocre, as soon I changed to celio's the deck was instantly better, what really matters is if you have a pokemon that can help you get stuff (Magcargo) then the choice IMO should be celio's for the above Typlo Deck since Celio's would be superior in this situation,
JMO,
Drew

I was just about to post somthing like that. Many LBS decks played Celio's over PETM because of Pidgeot, in a deck with just 1 ex, if your running Cargo you probably should do the same. Remember though Jirachi HL's need for basics and the use of Holons Castfrom was at least in part a reason for that play.

Remember though a split between the 2 is a perfectly viable option.

if u run lots of exs or even just 2 or something, petm is the play. if its a tech line, no. but if u plan on running more than 2 exs, then petm. mentor and fan club can search for your basics, you don't NEED celio AND PETM in the same deck necessarily. I'd rather use those extra spaces for tech against my bad matchups, so its actually feasible, but thats just me.

i think also for basics there are a lot of more trainer cards to search out, but evolutions (ex and nonex) need a petm, so I think in your deck should be a petm

If the deck needs the ex to suck a degree but has no search, then and only then I would say elm. Otherwise, celio is better. A split is usually good too.

I think its too dependant on the rest of the deck to give a straight answer.
e.g. If you're never having to use a Celio to get out of trouble, then you can lean in favour of Elm. A Scott might also make a single Elm more viable. Beware of too many Supporters slowing you down though. Perhaps if you're losing some Celio you would consider Great Ball instead of Masterball, for the guaranteed basic.
MG

In this situation I would say celio's. If it is that important to get the EX then I would put in another EX. Running just one EX could run you into prize trouble then PETM is useless. A single prized EX cripples 2 cards.

You know, decks that have ex's in it it's better to use PETM.
Decks that don't, use Celio's. Decks that are Delta, use Researcher.

And to answer your question Celio is the better bet.

Back